Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New British manager? Who are the runners and riders?

Comments

• Options

Monk would be brilliant but can't see us getting him, the same as I can't see us getting Person.

Realistically, Clarke, Poyet or Edinburgh.

Can you explain why you'd want Monk? All I see is a nobody who got the sack from Swansea after presiding over a period of games where he got one win in 11. I'm genuinely interested as to why people rate him, because I don't.
    I fancy the arse off of Monk. Would be my wildest dream to wake up and find him in my bed (providing Mr Tatters had gone to work). Sorry, frivolous answer.
  • Options

colin1961 said:

Only two names I have heard or read are Glenn Roeder or Graham Tutt but Tutt I believe is South African ??

You heard them in your head and you read your own posts. Thats it.
    Tutt has been mentioned on twitter this morning. Apparently his agent put out a story that said he was in the running.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Monk would be brilliant but can't see us getting him, the same as I can't see us getting Person.

Realistically, Clarke, Poyet or Edinburgh.

Can you explain why you'd want Monk? All I see is a nobody who got the sack from Swansea after presiding over a period of games where he got one win in 11. I'm genuinely interested as to why people rate him, because I don't.
    I fancy the arse off of Monk. Would be my wildest dream to wake up and find him in my bed (providing Mr Tatters had gone to work). Sorry, frivolous answer.
    and I thought you was a bloke....lol
    And what in that post says it's not a bloke?
  • Options
    Please not Malky Mackay.
  • Options
    You heard Tutt Colin because that is all you ever hear from people when you make up one of your rumours.
  • Options

seth plum said:

My wife is Chinese, my son mixed race, many of my friends and acquaintances are Chinese. How on earth can I support MacKay? He is a proud racist, one who hates my nearest and dearest simply because of ethnicity.

I am Chinese, so how do people think I would I feel?
    I'm not Chinese but if they appoint a known racist I'm returning my season ticket in the next post and going off to support Dulwich Hamlet
  • Options
    He wouldn't half be a big draw though.................oh sorry Tutt! I misread that as Tutu :blush:
  • Options
    Richard Crawley mentioned Tutt to be fair.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Warnock please.
  • Options
    I honestly think there would be more of a backlash if Tutt got it ahead of Mr Ujpest.

• Options
    Chris O'Loughlin.
    Born in Belfast.
    Coach of Sint-Truiden.

Well ticks all the boxes.
  • Options
    I'm intrigued about the make up of the selection panel and the criteria used to short list. I think it's a given that none of Meire, Duchatelet won't have any idea about any of the British CV's and Murray hasn't got a great track record.

Therein lies our biggest concern. Unless the board are sensible enough to seek good advice from people like Peacock and Euell, we are likely to be presented with a British version of Fraye. I'm seriously alarmed that Tutt's name has cropped up although I get the impression he is exactly the type of candidate that RD and KM would consider. Likely to be cheap because he wants to get the job but has no experience and would be out of his depth.

im in the camp that whoever comes in they have to have a track record in management. I'm not fussed if they are British, only that they have at least four or five seasons at a decent level under their belt.

If this selection process takes any less than two weeks to conclude I think we are in trouble.

My best guess is that whoever is brought in it will be a gamble. We won't be bringing in a name.

• Options
    It's Riga!
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 1m1 minute ago England, United Kingdom
    Jose Riga is the new #cafc head coach.
  • Options
    Jack Moore ‏@JFXM 7m7 minutes ago
    BREAKING: Source inside @CAFCofficial confirms to me that Jose Riga has been confirmed as the new manager. #CAFC
  • Options
    Who ever he must be cheap a yes man and not had any knowledge of Charlton.
  • Options
    Look for anyone who will obey Roland like a well trained dog, therefore forget British managers. More crap from the Belgian Dictator. GO CARD.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    At least we now know who the selection panel were.
  • Options
    FUCK I'M JUST ABOUT TO GET ON THE TUBE BECAUSE OF SHITTY SOUTHEASTERN
  • Options
    owner Roland Duchatelet said; 'He was very popular with supporters and I believe that he will get us back on track'