Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New British manager? Who are the runners and riders?

Comments

• Dumb and dumber?
  • Quite possibly the most stupid market I've ever seen - 30%+ margin built in without even taking account of all the other possibilities not listed:

Nebojsa Vignjevic
    1/1
    Jose Riga
    5/2
    Jason Euell
    8/1
    Wim De Corte
    8/1
    Chris Powell
    12/1
    Phil Parkinson
    18/1
    Yannick Ferrera
    18/1
    Bob Peeters
    25/1
    Gary Bowyer
    25/1
    Steve Clarke
    25/1
    Tim Sherwood
    25/1
    Guy Luzon
    28/1
    Uwe Rosler
    28/1
    Alan Curbishley
    33/1
    Garry Monk
    33/1

the only one from that motley mix who I'd fancy to do a job in our predicament is Steve Clarke .. but as with Warnock and Pearson ? .. no chance
    Not Curbs?

I'd take Monk too.
    Curbs ? .. out of the game for too long, is almost certainly not interested in quitting a lucrative media career .. AND CAFC is a VERY different club from the one he managed all that time ago ..

Monk ? .. I suspect a one club manager, good man for the Swans during a difficult time .. I will wager he'd be a failure anywhere else ..

we need a hard man manager to whip our VERY motley crew into shape and, given funds, one who knows who to sign and who to sell and sack
  • Roland will probably appoint a hopeless British manager, set him up to fail so at a later date he can give us the whole "I told you so".
  • we should be looking at who would have the sanity to work for Roland the nutcase?
  • Sponsored links:

• Quite possibly the most stupid market I've ever seen - 30%+ margin built in without even taking account of all the other possibilities not listed:

Nebojsa Vignjevic
    1/1
    Jose Riga
    5/2
    Jason Euell
    8/1
    Wim De Corte
    8/1
    Chris Powell
    12/1
    Phil Parkinson
    18/1
    Yannick Ferrera
    18/1
    Bob Peeters
    25/1
    Gary Bowyer
    25/1
    Steve Clarke
    25/1
    Tim Sherwood
    25/1
    Guy Luzon
    28/1
    Uwe Rosler
    28/1
    Alan Curbishley
    33/1
    Garry Monk
    33/1

the only one from that motley mix who I'd fancy to do a job in our predicament is Steve Clarke .. but as with Warnock and Pearson ? .. no chance
    Not Curbs?

I'd take Monk too.
    Curbs ? .. out of the game for too long, is almost certainly not interested in quitting a lucrative media career .. AND CAFC is a VERY different club from the one he managed all that time ago ..

Monk ? .. I suspect a one club manager, good man for the Swans during a difficult time .. I will wager he'd be a failure anywhere else ..

we need a hard man manager to whip our VERY motley crew into shape and, given funds, one who knows who to sign and who to sell and sack
    Can't imagine it's very lucrative - too many talking heads to command a premium and he is hardly 'box office '.
  • David Moyes. You heard it here first.

Now THAT would be an appointment
  • Absolute no to Warnock. The blokes a dinosaur.

Bollocks to that. Warnock would be great. Only players working to a system would play and he'd never take any shit from the board or have players forced upon him
    It doesn't matter who they hire, or not - there'll be arguments, laughter, crying, pointing and ANGER.

And it still won't matter.
  • John Carver? Isn't he the best manager the premier league ever saw? Maybe even Joe Kinnear? Can't see them shying away from post match interviews
  • John Carver? Isn't he the best manager the premier league ever saw? Maybe even Joe Kinnear? Can't see them shying away from post match interviews

Is that Coerver ?
  • http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik/?statistik=189&plus=0 - wonder if they are on here clicking on all the ones without photos?
  • The only viable candidate from that list is Pearson,surely.Worked wonders at Leicester and built a fantastic,motivated,skilful squad But would the owner appoint someone who would speak his mind and take no crap?
    Nah.
  • Not a
    MrOneLung said:

I give you Mr Harry Redknapp on short term deal to the end of the season.

Was thinking the same. It'll cost you though Roland.
  • Chris Wilder?
  • Sponsored links:

• Di Canio anybody ?
  • edited January 2016
    Michael Knighton as chairman and coach. Egil Olsson as Director of Football.
  • I reckon a Peter Taylor and Jason Euell combo
  • Definitely Di Canio for me. Would Love it when Pinocchio and Roland The Rat try telling him who to put in his side and what position. Can you imagine Paulo putting up with those 2? Plus he would get the squad fit and playing again. You have no choice but to give 110 per cent with him about.
  • I reckon Barry Fry as an outside bet, definitely wouldn't be a yes man tho!
  • Despite him.being an ex Nigel I would take Warnock all day long. He would get this bunch up to scratch sharpish and i would be confident that we will survive.
  • edited January 2016
    Anyone who comes in is a puppet without exception. Fuck them all.
  • Bring back Ken Craggs.
  • I reckon a Peter Taylor and Jason Euell combo

Has Peter Taylor ever succeded in a job?