Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Bonkers Statement from Club - the infamous {...} one

Comments

• Options
    RedPanda said:

PL54 said:

RedPanda said:

Haha my North Korea flag is looking even more appropriate after this.

I did see one on the coverage - assumed that was you
    With "Roland, Our Great Leader" on top :)

I don't think this is RD, I think we've finally broken Meire and she's forced an underling at Ebbsfleet to publish it. This is hilarious but also another sad new low for OUR club.
    Make you right there amigo.
  • Options
    drewman said:

Ha, and to think there are people who still support this lot

Are there? Surely no one can still be supporting them?
    drewman said:

Ha, and to think there are people who still support this lot

Are there? Surely no one can still be supporting them?
    Oooh, I can name a few.
  • Options
    Unbelievable.... Woken up and it wasn't a dream, it's STILL on the website!!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    edit - double post
  • Options

Dave2l said:

Katrien Meire wrote this statement in her own words without any shadow of doubt.

Despite it having been confirmed RD wrote it, you're pretty spot on. ;-)

Details, details.
  • Options
    Just woke up. So it wasn't a dream! The author of this infamous statement will be thinking the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Media reports think the last par is part of the statement and not attempted clarification of what KM said in Dublin. Another PR own goal. You couldn't make it up.

I was gonna say that, see a link from ITV Sport on Facebook last night and that's how they were reporting it
  • Options
    This looks like it was written by KM. If RD is alleged to have written it my guess is he simply took Meire's draft, checked it for spelling mistakes and content, and then authorised it to be published.
  • Options

IAgree said:

And another thing!

Since when has weird meant unique?!

This is the one thing where I'm prepared to give the benefit of the doubt to KM. Speaking in a second language, it would be easy for her to use 'wierd' where she meant something like 'unusual', which is what the sense of ownership fans feel for a club is, when compared to, say, they way cinema-goers feel about their local fleapit. Still, she was an idiot for not getting a native English speaker to check it for her. A piece of "Dunglish" (cf. a previous post on this thread).
    Sorry but this can never be used as an excuse because it is simply inexusable. She is from a European country, is/was a lawyer, studied in a university in the UK for some time, uses English on a daily basis at corporate level. She's a CEO of a big English company (us) and if her English is really that bad, she doesn't meet the basic requirements of this job, does she?

English is not my native language either but even I thought the 'weird' thing was shocking and she should never have said that. It's in fact not a case about second language. Till this day she's still arguing about it, making a laughable attempt ( {...}??? Really??? I couldn't believe my eyes! What did she think she was writing? A thesis?) to explain it in such an outrageous statement so it's clear proof that they really mean what they've been saying. They do think we're weird because they don't understand us. They couldn't be drunk when they put that statement out. It's a bold confrontation. It reflects what they think about the whole situation. In fact they've been treating us as if we're the enemy to defeat or the problem to solve for almost two years. The statemente is, in a way, a good thing because it makes more people realise that Duchatelet and his incompetent CEO should never have had entered the football business and the only way for our club to survive is a change in ownership.
    I have never gone along with the 'second language' thing.

Her English is pretty much fluent and not open for giving squirrel face the benefit of the doubt.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

After 22 pages, all I've got from this thread is Shake it off as an ear worm

And us haters are gonna hate hate hate.
  • Options
    I think squirrel face or Baroni will be out of the door before the Birmingham game.

Hopefully the former as Baroni has walked in to a war zone.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

IAgree said:

And another thing!

This is the one thing where I'm prepared to give the benefit of the doubt to KM. Speaking in a second language, it would be easy for her to use 'wierd' where she meant something like 'unusual', which is what the sense of ownership fans feel for a club is, when compared to, say, they way cinema-goers feel about their local fleapit. Still, she was an idiot for not getting a native English speaker to check it for her. A piece of "Dunglish" (cf. a previous post on this thread).
    You are missing the point.....even if its 100% true that there was a semantic slip on her part KM is still repeating her argument that the fans are blameworthy for effectively having an emotional rather than a businesslike attachment to the club and therefore not seeing themselves as customers.

There is no climbdown or explanation about that just a weak attempt to play the second language card (and from a person who studied at the LSE in London for a year?) to defend her now increasingly recognised approach to the CEO post (i.e, winging it in the hope you won't get called out).

No, sorry, doesn't get anywhere close.
    I think people have misunderstood my comment. I was not defending Katrien's view of us, only giving her the benefit of the doubt over the use of the word "weird" when she possibly meant something else. Yes, her Dublin statement in its entirety is ridiculous and insulting.
  • Options

This looks like it was written by KM. If RD is alleged to have written it my guess is he simply took Meire's draft, checked it for spelling mistakes and content, and then authorised it to be published.

Welcome Roland the rat, new Head of Comms since March 2016
  • Options
    Oakster said:

weird - unique easy to get confused but Katrien likes the word unique

At 3 mins 15 seconds into the video below...

"So this year we will be doing something very UNIQUE in England, I don't think it has been done before...we will have a pitch side sofa" etc etc

Strange how she didn't say weird in this case isn't it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g-4uISj83OM

She also used the word UNIQUE at the Dublin conference as well, when talking about pitching us as the Southern Crewe Alexandra.

Dave2l said:

Dave2l said:

Katrien Meire wrote this statement in her own words without any shadow of doubt.

Despite it having been confirmed RD wrote it, you're pretty spot on. ;-)

Roland wrote this??????????????????????????????

Do you know what that proves. I mean seriously do you know what that proves.

Anyone and I mean anyone could be a millionaire.

It's the best news ever.

This is also backed up by the fact that Donald c*nt face Trump is a BILLIONAIRE.

ladies and gents dig in, there is a rather simplistic unthoutful stupidly easy way of getting rich.

Just gotta crack that unique/weird code.
    Sadly Trump inherited an already successful Realestate company from his rich father, and changed the name from "Elizabeth Trump and Son" to something a bit more narcissistic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The CEO getting the Belgian owner to check spelling, content and grammar?

Little wonder that it came across as a f**ked rambling rant then!

Still, I'm sure that this morning Mandy the tea ticket lady will feel that justice has been done and that the world will stop "misquoting" her boss
  • Options
    Stig said:

IAgree said:

And another thing!

Sorry but this can never be used as an excuse because it is simply inexusable. She is from a European country, is/was a lawyer, studied in a university in the UK for some time, uses English on a daily basis at corporate level. She's a CEO of a big English company (us) and if her English is really that bad, she doesn't meet the basic requirements of this job, does she?

English is not my native language either but even I thought the 'weird' thing was shocking and she should never have said that. It's in fact not a case about second language. Till this day she's still arguing about it, making a laughable attempt ( {...}??? Really??? I couldn't believe my eyes! What did she think she was writing? A thesis?) to explain it in such an outrageous statement so it's clear proof that they really mean what they've been saying. They do think we're weird because they don't understand us. They couldn't be drunk when they put that statement out. It's a bold confrontation. It reflects what they think about the whole situation. In fact they've been treating us as if we're the enemy to defeat or the problem to solve for almost two years. The statemente is, in a way, a good thing because it makes more people realise that Duchatelet and his incompetent CEO should never have had entered the football business and the only way for our club to survive is a change in ownership.
    Absolutely spot on. Meire clearly has an excellent grasp of English (sadly not of football). Also, she had lots of time in Dublin to qualify her statement, but chose not to. Either she meant exactly what she said then, or she's a simpering idiot (actually, there's a chance she's both).
    Agree 100% lots of time to qualify her statement, also lots of time to look at the body language of the bloke sitting next to her and think, 'hang on a minute something's not right here, have I said something wrong'?

I'm getting sick of hearing her claim that she was mis-represented. It's an absolute lie. Everyone has seen the video and knows exactly what she said, what the context was and what her voice tone was like when she said it. Once again, what she's claiming now doesn't stack up. She's trying to play the victim card to wriggle out of a situation of her own making. There can only be two explanations for what she said:
    1) She thought she was amongst friends and opened up to a them in a them vs us manner (for those who are familiar with Eric Berne, I think she was trying to initiate a game of 'Ain't it Awful'). She said exactly what she meant, therefore demonstrating her unsuitability for the job by fundamentally misunderstanding the importance of fans.
    or
    2) She really meant to say something else but because her communication skills aren't that good, it came out all wrong. If (big if) this is the case then she still isn't suitable because a major part of being a business leader is getting your message correct and consistent.
    Or 3) Shes mad.
    4) She was drunk.
  • Options

I think squirrel face or Baroni will be out of the door before the Birmingham game.

Hopefully the former as Baroni has walked in to a war zone.

I hope Mel Baroni walks out, but not because I dislike her - I don't know enough about her - but I suspect she's been stitched up by her paymasters here.
    I'm hopeful, and reports from those who've met her suggest this, that she's smart and savvy and essentially tells the club that she's not prepared to work for them if they're going to push through disastrous press releases without her approval.
    If this happens, we may find we have a new ally with us on the outside pissing in.
  • Options
    The point is she hasnt just made this bloomer she has a whole host of them to her name. We know she is totally out of her depth and her time will come.
  • Options
    I really can't believe the club itself would put out this statement. It beggars belief.

In my mind this leaves the following possibilities:

1. The club really did put the statement out - in which case Katrien has really lost the plot. She is an educated woman and holds a career as an international lawyer so I would not expect a statement worded like that if she were in her right mind - it's pure toddler tantrum stuff.

2. A sneaky Addick has exploited a weakness in the security of the CAFC website and has posted the statement. There has been (at the time of writing this) no swiftly produced disclaimer from the club - which of course you would expect had the site been hacked.

Either way it's clear that our protests are effective - either by hacking off the CEO or just hacking the site.

Proper Charlton popcorn moment.....
  • Options

IAgree said:

And another thing!

You are missing the point.....even if its 100% true that there was a semantic slip on her part KM is still repeating her argument that the fans are blameworthy for effectively having an emotional rather than a businesslike attachment to the club and therefore not seeing themselves as customers.

There is no climbdown or explanation about that just a weak attempt to play the second language card (and from a person who studied at the LSE in London for a year?) to defend her now increasingly recognised approach to the CEO post (i.e, winging it in the hope you won't get called out).

No, sorry, doesn't get anywhere close.
    I think people have misunderstood my comment. I was not defending Katrien's view of us, only giving her the benefit of the doubt over the use of the word "weird" when she possibly meant something else. Yes, her Dublin statement in its entirety is ridiculous and insulting.
    As posted elsewhere she clearly knows the difference between unique and weird. During that same interview she used the word unique elsewhere so it's nothing to do with language barrier etc.

Unless of course she has confused the two which means she's trying to establish a weird match day experience..... And we are all unique.....Yer right.