Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Sam and the Media ( ed. gone)

I dont know how England are going to get on with him in charge. I guess it could be same old, who knows.
I see the know everything know all media are already on his back. He was taking stick even before he picked the squad!
After the Slovakia game, one of the journo's said if he has trouble deciding who should play just consult Rooney. What a snide.
After Scotland's result another one said it will be interesting to see how we get on in Malta. Do we have to match or better their score than?
The problem is they know best and want to shape our thinking. Horrible people.
This is not an endorsement for Sam, not that he would want one from me;however, I suspect that he has no chance, just like his predecessors.

Comments

• Options
    Big Sam used to love a deal.
  • Options
    Media, papers especially, doing what thy do to appeal to the lowest common denominators who buy them. Same all over the world but our papers have for years just slagged everyone off one minute then said we're gonna win the world cup the next. Anyone who buys a paper, especially the obvious ones, has no right to comment or moan about the papers behaviour as you are also the reason for the problem.
  • Options
    It's the toughest gig in world sport because of the ridiculous expectations.

But, a two year deal with an option to extend a further two years, and all at £3m a year!!! Deal with it.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

But, a two year deal with an option to extend a further two years, and all at £3m a year!!! Deal with it.

Agreed. But still horrible arrogant people.
  • Options
    pettgra said:

bobmunro said:

Yes fully agree.

• Options
    pettgra said:

I dont know how England are going to get on with him in charge. I guess it could be same old, who knows.
    I see the know everything know all media are already on his back. He was taking stick even before he picked the squad!
    After the Slovakia game, one of the journo's said if he has trouble deciding who should play just consult Rooney. What a snide.
    After Scotland's result another one said it will be interesting to see how we get on in Malta. Do we have to match or better their score than?
    This is not an endorsement for Sam, not that he would want one from me;however, I suspect that he has no chance, just like his predecessors.

Totally agree. The media in this country have played a huge part in turning us into the Newcastle/Spurs of international football - a country with a delusional belief that we are entitled to expect to challenge for tournaments even though we haven't done so for ages.

Allardyce is going to be on the end of constant "boring football" abuse for the next 2 years - I just hope he can stomach it, as I think his "boring" results-orientated football is our best chance of making it to the latter stages of a tournament for the first time in over a decade, and personally I'd find that much less boring than watching on as a neutral for the last 3 weeks of the tournament because England have gone home early again.
  • Options
    pettgra said:

They are idiots that do not offer much, other then the ability to take the piss, even though they obviously don't have much else going on in their lives and have probably never even kicked a ball before.
    A job(s) that probably pays well though!

Would have thought big Sam is on a very large salary...same as the previous lot. Which is my only hesitation for sticking up for him.
    It's all part of the package, is the general argument.

The journos "opinions" are opinions of people that most likely have no direct professional football experience but are somehow experts?

In other words...when England trip up or make major mistakes collectively or individually, - that , is their bread and butter.

They don't care.

Any normal objective human would think and be in hope of "give this fella a chance and space to breathe he's only just started".

Is football a matter of life and death? No, so shut up you journo c*nt .

Have England been humiliated enough to the point where it couldn't get much lower? Yes, so have a day off you knobhead from the sun.

Just painted a picture for myself there.
  • Options
    pettgra said:

bobmunro said:

For a minute there I thought that you were referring to Estate Agents!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Oh dear. Was it his brother who got done before as well?
  • Options
    Third party ownership involves an agent or an investor owning part of the financial rights to a player, meaning transfer fees are partly paid to them when a player moves clubs, rather than the buying club paying all the money to the selling club.

Like Duchatelet with Batshuayi then.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
  • Options
    Although we all know it goes on, I sense big trouble for Big Sam
  • Options
    I can't wait for Marcus Rushford a plumber from Doncaster to get an unexpected England call-up.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Big Sam used to love a deal.

And still does, by the sound of it
  • Options
    Let's hope this doesn't mean pardew getting the England call up. No doubt that bloody dance would get another airing
  • Options
    The FA fit and proper person essential criteria spreadsheet scores highly yet again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh dear
  • Options
    Driesen next England manager then?
  • Options
    What the fuck was he thinking the daft twat
  • Options
    Whilst I understand why a lot of people are saying this is potentially the end of Big Sam at England I hate the witch hunt mindset of the English media.

Press are the first to slag off the national team after a draw in Slovakia of wherever but they can't wait to find a front page scoop on a new player as soon as he makes his premier league debut.
    Bad example but you know what I mean.

None of that changes the fact Sam has been caught.
  • Options
    Without defending SA, 2 questions:

- do the media in any other countries routinely do this type of entrapment?

- has there ever been a case of the media announcing: we tried to entrap X, but he threatened to call the police?
  • Options
    At least he might leave with a 100% record.
  • Options
    BBC News tomorrow:

• Options
    The reason Harry boy never got the big Job, was all the dodgy deals that allegedly took place plus his dog not paying Tax.
    Big Sam seems to have the same script writer.