Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Sam and the Media ( ed. gone)

Comments

• Options
    That will be the record for shortest reign ever of any intl manager maybe???
  • Options
    will leave with a 100% win record.
  • Options
    probably be easier to point out the managers/executives who are not on the fiddle .. Sam might be a little bit dodgy (Arfer Daley, he's alright) but the FA should keep him in place and not keep bowing down to media pressure and sensationalism
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    for arguments sake, he did get sacked;

who replaces him?. my choice would be eddie howe but at 38 is he too young? and its a very young age to fail as england boss and write yourself out of english football.

anyone but pardew i would struggle to support the team.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Swisdom said:

Eddie Howe.

If so wthe FA need to act quickly because I think Arsenal is is destiny

Meantime, appoint Steve Bruce. Very much in the Allardyce mould as a manager, but much more integrity.
    Are we basing his integrity on leaving Palace after 25 minutes as manager?
    That was just common sense :wink:
  • Options
    Should of got Mike Bassett, the twats!!
  • Options

who replaces him?. my choice would be eddie howe but at 38 is he too young? and its a very young age to fail as england boss and write yourself out of english football.

Eddie Howe couldn't cope with the Northern Giants Burnley and ran back to his home comforts at Bournemouth.
    Nothing to suggest he could step up to England.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Can't we just give up on international football?

1. We ain't any good
    2. It's corrupt and we're not even good at that
    3. Frees up the summer
    4. Instant unemployment for Glen Hoddle

• Options

Can't we just give up on international football?

1. We ain't any good
    2. It's corrupt and we're not even good at that
    3. Frees up the summer
    4. Instant unemployment for Glen Hoddle

Anything that enforces number 4 is a good thing in my eyes!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Eddie Howe couldn't cope with the Northern Giants Burnley and ran back to his home comforts at Bournemouth.
    Have you been to Burnley? I don't blame him.
  • Options
    As crazy as the whole situation is, I honestly think he will be sacked!
  • Options
    I think I love big Sam even more now
  • Options

As crazy as the whole situation is, I honestly think he will be sacked!

His position is completely untenable - better to get rid now with a straightforward World Cup qualification campaign ahead than risk more allegations before the tournament itself.
  • Options
    What was Allardyce thinking ? He is in a high profile job, why wouldn't he just concentrate on the job at hand rather than get mixed up with something completely dubious.

Knowing how the world works, why didn't his agent do a proper background check on the people he was having a meeting with ? (Not saying he should have taken the meeting at all).

The whole thing is completely idiotic. Sam Allardyce fired for idiocy and stupidity on a number of different levels.
  • Options
    vff said:

What was Allardyce thinking ? He is in a high profile job, why wouldn't he just concentrate on the job at hand rather than get mixed up with something completely dubious.

Knowing how the world works, why didn't his agent do a proper background check on the people he was having a meeting with ? (Not saying he should have taken the meeting at all).

The whole thing is completely idiotic. Sam Allardyce fired for idiocy and stupidity on a number of different levels.

Greed
  • Options
    vff said:

because he was at the meeting thinking about his cut!
  • Options
    Have people forgiven Glenn Hoddle yet for his verbal indiscretion about people with disabilities and the Eileen's involvement?

Time should be a great healer (excuse the pun) and this did all kick off more than 17 years ago.
  • Options

Have people forgiven Glenn Hoddle yet for his verbal indiscretion about people with disabilities and the Eileen's involvement?

Time should be a great healer (excuse the pun) and this did all kick off more than 17 years ago.

i think they probably have, its just a shame he keeps talking absolute dog shit whilst wanking over spurs youngsters whenever he is given the chance
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    all over twitter that hes at wembley and reporters are live from there, really think he could get the bullet, after the performance at the euros were already a laughing stock its a shame as he comes across as a nice bloke couldnt give 2 shits about the hodgson or gary neville comments there both a pair of twats that shouldnt be allowed anywhere near the national team, its the getting round the fa rules that doesnt sit well with me, the money on the side he does say i would have to check with the fa but even still 3 mill a year is enough to not have to earn on the side.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

all over twitter that hes at wembley and reporters are live from there, really think he could get the bullet, after the performance at the euros were already a laughing stock its a shame as he comes across as a nice bloke couldnt give 2 shits about the hodgson or gary neville comments there both a pair of twats that shouldnt be allowed anywhere near the national team, its the getting round the fa rules that doesnt sit well with me, the money on the side he does say i would have to check with the fa but even still 3 mill a year is enough to not have to earn on the side.

That's why I think sacking him would be harsh. He clearly states that he'd have to clear it with the FA first.

That being said, it's still a very bad error in judgement & it looks as though he could go
  • Options

That's why I think sacking him would be harsh. He clearly states that he'd have to clear it with the FA first.

That being said, it's still a very bad error in judgement & it looks as though he could go
    he says he would have to check with "the powers that be", that could be his wife in regards to flying out to Asia to do after dinner speeches when not away with England.
  • Options
    I've said before that I think the England job is a part time gig.

It leaves the manager with too much time on their hands.
    In the case of allardyce,a chance to get his fingers in a few more sticky pies.
    In the case of Hodgson, a brain that just turned to mush with the little activity he was using it for.

It needs someone involved in competitive football on a week to week basis IMO.

Howe's a good shout
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    MrOneLung said:

Where would you want to work? Bournemouth would be my choice over any other club above the M25, its grim up north.
    The England job would enable him to continue living in civilisation with only a few trips the wilderness which I'm sure he could palm off onto an underling if he felt he wasn't up to it.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

If Eddie get the job i'm afraid the media will find out about his past ?

Quantum physics and he once dissected a frog when in the 6th form.

I don't want the FA to be caught on the hop, without doing due diligence
  • Options
    4/11 not to be the manager against malta
    17/10 to be the manager against malta

paddy power

pardew is current fave at 5/1 to be next england manager.