Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Sam and the Media ( ed. gone)

14567810»

Comments

• Options

Alan Shearer saying England are now the laughing stock of football..................has he not watched us play in the last 40 years?

If Ferguson didn't convince Giggs to go from England to Wales when his parents split up we would have won Euro 96.( Germany were bang average)
    Plus if Gazza didn't cry his eyes out because of self pity
    We might have made a final in 90 as well.

Your are correct Mike we have been a laughing stock in all the other tournaments.
  • Options
    Championship managers named ... I wonder if our mob could be implicated in any dodgy dealings
  • Options
    Big Sam has been working out prior to his cruxifiction.

Or maybe it's day 3 and he hasn't been given any pies.

Any bets for him rising again in accordance with the scriptures?
  • Options
    According to SSN, Daily Telegraph has stated that JFH,Wright (assistant manager of Barnsley) and Massimo CeLLini accused of corruption - i was sort of half hoping that Duchatelet /Meire would have been nominated.
  • Options
    Yet Cellino will still be allowed to own Leeds.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Championship managers named ... I wonder if our mob could be implicated in any dodgy dealings

I'm very sad about Tommy Wright. I know the family having taught his children. Was only having lunch with one of them on Sunday and the news was he was really happy at Barnsley. I hope it doesn't go the same way as Big Sam, but taking a bung is not going to do him any favours.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

J BLOCK said:

I'm very sad about Tommy Wright. I know the family having taught his children. Was only having lunch with one of them on Sunday and the news was he was really happy at Barnsley. I hope it doesn't go the same way as Big Sam, but taking a bung is not going to do him any favours.
    I'm not surprised!

In all seriousness I hope most of these people are given a second chance.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

I'm not surprised!

In all seriousness I hope most of these people are given a second chance.>

In all seriousness, I hope (quote from Jaws) "they are all hung up by their Buster Browns"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

According to Daily Mail, Big Sam got a seven figure pay-off. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3809841/Sam-Allardyce-leaves-job-England-manager-just-67-days-telling-undercover-reporters-bend-FA-transfer-rules-try-land-400-000-Far-East-deal.html

Add to that the 3m the FA had negotiated with Sunderland as compensation fee previously in the summer, I think at least 4m is wasted on this appointment. (Well, unless the 3m was to be paid on certain conditions like how long Big Sam would be England manager, which I doubt) I have to say your FA do have a lot of money to waste!

About time the FA as an institution were hauled up in front of some parliamentary enquiry imo. This is the governing body that have overseen a decline in the national game and England have offered shit football for about 40 years now. Who the hell holds them to account?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I'm just catching up on all of it. How the f*** has entrapment won? He's clearly not accepting responsibility still. He got sacked (in my opinion) because he got caught telling people how to bend and break FA rules and he's the England manager. If he hasn't put 2 and 2 together then he's a thick c***. Instead we get some pony about his error of judgement trying to help a mate. Come on.

Also, good to know he's off to his Villa to reflect and re-cooperate. Back in the real world, many of us slog day in day out at jobs that pay a fraction of what his villa is probably worth, whilst Sam reflects on his 'error of judgment' and getting entrapped.

Shouldn't have shown willingness to break the rules Sam, ya tosser

It's even worse than that. He got caught agreeing to tell them for a huge pile of money. It's not as though he was just shooting his mouth off down the pub with some friends. He was negotiating how much money they were going to pay him so that he could show them how to make even more money by getting around the rules.

However, I can't help buy wonder if there were much worse offences and as Sam didn't know how much was recorded he either confessed to them or offered to go so that they might stay out of the limelight. Clearly this is all just speculation on my part and I'm not making any allegations but it seems unlikely that the first and only time he ever says anything that could get him sacked is in front of Journalists with recording equipment.
  • Options
    Time Katrien got herself voted on to that collection of scheisters. She'd soon sort them out fit right in.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Always liked him and thought he was a decent appointment. Very disapointed in him and him bemoaning entrapment is pathetic. Being England manager is a honour and you should be willing to do it for nothing. £3m a year should mean you avoid anything remotely dodgy and an England manager should never criticise (whether they are right or wrong) in public as he did with Neville. He is a disgrace and lacked the humility to take full responsibility.
  • Options
    Big Sam has shown no humility and appears to feel sorry for himself - there have been a number of allegations about him in the past yet I imagine no real investigation will be held.

Football has no real desire to change - seems happy to live with corruption. Managers and agents appear to see nothing wrong with the current system.

There are numerous dodgy transfers and loan deals that stick out like a sore thumb. How one particular manager and his dog remain 'clean' is beyond me.

Sick to death of cockheads referring to football as a 'product', teams as 'brands' and fans as 'customers'.
  • Options
    Big Sam seems to be taking his public relations advice straight from the Katrien Meire "Weren't my fault" school of thinking.

Sam my old mate,I think it's time for you to take a nice long vow of silence.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Big Sam seems to be taking his public relations advice straight from the Katrien Meire "Weren't my fault" school of thinking.

Sam my old mate,I think it's time for you to take a nice long vow of silence.

The more he talks the bigger the hole he digs himself. Had the best footballing job in the world and liked by many football fans which is a rarity. Just makes you wonder how much other dodgy stuff he has been involved in as you don't start dodgy deals in your 60's with a truck load of money already made in the game. Sickening.
  • Options

there has always been dodgy shit in football. Yonks ago "semi pro" teams got good players by puting extra money left in their kit.It was even called "boot money"
    Even at my level if we signed for a team we got new boots trainers etc.

What about Simonson being paid via a bag of cash on a coach to a game?

Scott Parker being tapped up by Chelsea

The Italian team relegated for cheating (Florentina?)

FIFA ----how cant we expect football not to be be bent when those at the top have been in the trough for decades

West Ham & Tevez also springs to mind.