Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Sam and the Media ( ed. gone)

Comments

• Options
    Angry as was glad when he got the job thought he would of done well and might of even had the minerals to drop Rooney and other wastes of space, but then too greedy, glad I got to see him master a win. Stupid man - doubt he'll get a job in English football again.
  • Options
    Simple- greed.
  • Options
    I have read from a Derby fan that Pearson is not involved in this and that it was just a bust up with the chairman.
  • Options
    At least Southgate might bring some of the younger players in.
  • Options
    No wonder they call it the beautiful game.
  • Options
    If anyone was going to get themselves into trouble with their big mouth it was him!

Mind you the contenders for the job include Pardew and Hoddle - both not exactly PR savvy.

Probably end up being Southgate/Bruce.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I despise our media

The FA-appointed England Manager is filmed discussing how easy it is to break FA rules. And it's the media that's despicable?

Unbelievable.
    Well, they are.
    But you're right, it's a separate issue.
  • Options

BDL said:

Up to 8 other managers been done in the sting, Sky reporting.

Please please please let one be Super Al, please!

Rumour that the 8 were a manager at Bournemouth, one at West Ham, Portsmouth's manager, the one at Southampton, the Portsmouth manager, the Spurs manager, a QPR boss, and a Jordamian fella.

I wish I could lol this twice.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Chizz said:

I despise our media

The FA-appointed England Manager is filmed discussing how easy it is to break FA rules. And it's the media that's despicable?

Unbelievable.
    Well, they are.
    But you're right, it's a separate issue.
    So the journalist comes up with a plan to stitch up these people? There must have been something on the grapevine for them to take on these frauds. He should not be allowed to manage ever again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thoughtful article on whether or not he actually deserved the sack on the basis of what was written today.

Mind you, does not consider that, as people are reporting here, there is more to come
  • Options
    I don't see that the FA had much of a choice, and even Sam's statement seems to allude to that fact. To be caught out basically agreeing to help a third party find a way around the player ownership rules, is frankly outrageous for an England manager to be involved with - don't forget he is supposed to represent the figurehead of the game, the pinnacle position. Yet no sooner had he slipped on his FA track-suit than he is ferreting away furtively trying to scam a few extra quid out of salubrious characters in annonymous back street restaraunt's - what a complete greedy fat fool.
  • Options
    Being honest is like being pregnant - either you are or you're not.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

1983: He came close to joining Charlton Athletic on a free transfer in March 1983, but Charlton boss Lennie Lawrence did not put the brown paper bag under the park bench as instructed and the deal fell through, allegedly.

The above is taken from his Wikipedia page. Never knew that.

• Options
    Interesting that Belgium was mentioned by Big Sam as one of the countries where 3rd party ownership is possible or happening?
  • Options

Interesting that Belgium was mentioned by Big Sam as one of the countries where 3rd party ownership is possible or happening?

Imagine your anil kock or whatever his name was....your walking down the street "in between clubs" minding your own business when someone randomly pulls over winds window down and says "I own ya" then swiftly drives off.

Could only catch the number plate from behind as it left.

K8R4L FR8YE
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Not to be forgotten - STVV were fined CHF60K by FIFA for third-party transgressions.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/72394/stvv-fined-for-third-party-ownership
  • Options
    Shame we can't get the telegraph to do a sting on Roly for financial irregularities.
  • Options

BDL said:

Up to 8 other managers been done in the sting, Sky reporting.

Please please please let one be Super Al, please!

Rumour that the 8 were a manager at Bournemouth, one at West Ham, Portsmouth's manager, the one at Southampton, the Portsmouth manager, the Spurs manager, a QPR boss, and a Jordanian fella.

Funny you should say that. I was watching Spurs on BT Sport last night and Harry was one of the pundits. When they spoke about Big Sam at FT, he looked ruffled, very ruffled. No doubt it will all come out in the wash in the next few days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Erm, no doubt another thread will start up for the impending fall out but reading the Telegraph today...

Manager 6. A former player who now manages, he allegedly likes extra money to secure deals because he is not on a big salary at his club. Pagliara said: “[X] takes a few [inaudible] because he’s not being paid big money.”

Who does that sound like everybody? A former player that currently manages. Not on big money.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    JohnBoyUK said:

Erm, no doubt another thread will start up for the impending fall out but reading the Telegraph today...

Manager 6. A former player who now manages, he allegedly likes extra money to secure deals because he is not on a big salary at his club. Pagliara said: “[X] takes a few [inaudible] because he’s not being paid big money.”

Who does that sound like everybody? A former player that currently manages. Not on big money.
    Eddie Howe? I don't think he's on big money at Bournemouth
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

To be fair not many are in the Conference.
  • Options
    Well the majority of managers are ex-players, so it's a case of identifying those not on big money.

In the prem the list would probably be:

Pardew
    Howe
    Dysche (sp?)
    Phelan

any others?

Of course the investigation may not be limited to current managers, or just the premierships. There are probably a huge number of championship managers who fall into the ex-player/not paid massive amounts category, and there are ex-managers too. Obviously Harry falls into a group of constantly suspected, though I doubt he'd be quite as stupid as Sam seems to have been, but you never know.
  • Options
    Bloody Katrien Meire. On the FA Council for five minutes and already a manager's been given the boot!
  • Options

Angry as was glad when he got the job thought he would of done well and might of even had the minerals to drop Rooney and other wastes of space, but then too greedy, glad I got to see him master a win. Stupid man - doubt he'll get a job in English football again.

He'll be back in the top flight within a year. Maybe even in January. Many managers have done far worse and still returned. He's not even guilty of breaking rules, just acting like an idiot and talking about breaking rules. Christ, the Telegraph even buried the bit about him saying "That stuff hasn't happened for 20 years, don't be an idiot, I don't want to talk to you about that" when it came to bungs, as it didn't fit the narrative.

I think a return to Sunderland is nailed on if Moyes doesn't improve things soon, or perhaps a yo-yoing Championship team. If he's not in a job by the end of the season, I would suggest that would be by choice.
  • Options
    Newspapers only do a undercover sting on high profile people when they receive information of potential wrong doing.
    They didn't bother with Roy Hodgson because his love of Literature is a non story.
    So we have no problems with journos telling us about dodgy dealings in FIFA and UEFA but Our English Managers should be left alone ?

This is just the tip of the iceberg.
    This is going to get very messy and the Tax man may get involved.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    According to Daily Mail, Big Sam got a seven figure pay-off. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3809841/Sam-Allardyce-leaves-job-England-manager-just-67-days-telling-undercover-reporters-bend-FA-transfer-rules-try-land-400-000-Far-East-deal.html

Add to that the 3m the FA had negotiated with Sunderland as compensation fee previously in the summer, I think at least 4m is wasted on this appointment. (Well, unless the 3m was to be paid on certain conditions like how long Big Sam would be England manager, which I doubt) I have to say your FA do have a lot of money to waste!
  • Options

According to Daily Mail, Big Sam got a seven figure pay-off. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3809841/Sam-Allardyce-leaves-job-England-manager-just-67-days-telling-undercover-reporters-bend-FA-transfer-rules-try-land-400-000-Far-East-deal.html

Add to that the 3m the FA had negotiated with Sunderland as compensation fee previously in the summer, I think at least 4m is wasted on this appointment. (Well, unless the 3m was to be paid on certain conditions like how long Big Sam would be England manager, which I doubt) I have to say your FA do have a lot of money to waste!

Makes him look like a bigger ++++ if he got paid off. One of the few managers I had respect for. Hope he chokes on those 50 pound notes.