Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Sam and the Media ( ed. gone)

Comments

• Options
    PWR
    1) No clue why the Telegraph would set up "a months long sting." That's just bizarre to me, but
    2) Is anyone really surprised and
    3) He has previous in this department (2006 Panorama)

To quote the Football Ramble's post on Facebook this morning, "Why don't more English managers get big jobs?"
  • Options
    He's obviously as thick as pigshit and an arrogant arse. Who interviewed him Latrien?
  • Options

1983: He came close to joining Charlton Athletic on a free transfer in March 1983, but Charlton boss Lennie Lawrence did not complete the move before the end of the transfer deadline.

The above is taken from his Wikipedia page. Never knew that.

There was no transfer deadline day back then surely?
    before the transfer window was introduced there was a deadline to stop clubs buying players at the end of the season to push for the title/safety/promotion, not sure when that was introduced though.
    Ah, that makes perfect sense of course. More worried now that I have absolutely no recollection of it!
  • Options

He's obviously as thick as pigshit and an arrogant arse. Who interviewed him Latrien?

It was this bloke... Shows how thick he is!!

• Options
    I fail to see how he can keep his job. The fact that he is recommending and advising on ways that 3rd parties can own players frankly makes his job untenable and the FA would be even more of a laughing stock if they didn't boot him out.

The only thing that they need to check with their lawyers is whether the grounds are sufficient for them to do so without any right of recourse from Allardyce - though the FA will probably end up paying him "shut up" money anyway.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Have people forgiven Glenn Hoddle yet for his verbal indiscretion about people with disabilities and the Eileen's involvement?

Time should be a great healer (excuse the pun) and this did all kick off more than 17 years ago.

I don't think that would keep him from getting the England job. What should keep him from getting the England job is the fact that he hasn't managed anywhere in ten years and frankly the game has moved on. Time for an= foreign manager. Howe won't take the job and even then, he's a 38 year old bright young manager who is relatively inexperienced.

Paka Ayesteran has just been sacked at Valencia. He spent a lot of time, successfully, in England as Rafa's assistant at Liverpool. Would be a decent shout as a caretaker. Maybe put Southgate in there alongside him to learn.

The problem is, and this isn't "because they never get looked at for big jobs," but there just aren't man good English managers/coaches. That includes within the England set-up. Southgate has done well with the U21s but he clearly isn't ready. You go below that and you get Boothroyd and Blake and the likes.
  • Options

I fail to see how he can keep his job. The fact that he is recommending and advising on ways that 3rd parties can own players frankly makes his job untenable and the FA would be even more of a laughing stock if they didn't boot him out.

The only thing that they need to check with their lawyers is whether the grounds are sufficient for them to do so without any right of recourse from Allardyce - though the FA will probably end up paying him "shut up" money anyway.

This is what I think is happening... Saw a quote this morning from Greg Clarke this morning which said the FA would get the facts about what happened before making any decision and to me that reads they're going to ensure its not unfair dismissal
  • Options
    I guess the Telegraph had an inkling he was liable to shoot himself in the foot given the right inducements, the bloke comes across as so arrogant that he believes he is the football messiah and that we are all idiots for not seeing it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Read the article, was struggling to see where he had clearly done anything wrong. Perhaps I've read the wrong article!
  • Options
    If (and it probably is a bit of an "if" even for Sam) he gets another job, does anyone think that the Telegraph get an exclusive interview from him?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    As they just said on Sky Sports News, the problem with keeping him in the job now is, there is likely to be more stuff coming out in the next few days. I think he's done
  • Options

stonemuse said:
    Let's hope one of the other PL managers has a big nose and dances like a twat.
    Arsene Wenger?
  • Options

I heard a rumour that Rooney has thrown his hat in the ring as potential player manager...................don't shoot the messenger please ;-)

The messenger that passed the information to you certainly deserves execution!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sir Chris Powell to take charge of Derby tonight as Pearson has been suspended. Related to this maybe?
  • Options

I heard a rumour that Rooney has thrown his hat in the ring as potential player manager...................don't shoot the messenger please ;-)

He can't even stick to one position when it comes to job titles FFS!!! ;)
  • Options
    If he's sacked give it to Nigel Pearson!
  • Options

Are you an ostrich?
  • Options

Subtitles for team talks!
  • Options

Are you an ostrich?
    Are you a philosopher?
  • Options

Are you an ostrich?

Are you an ostrich?
    Are you a philosopher?
    Are you flexible enough to get your head in the sand? My suspicion would be no.