Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Sam and the Media ( ed. gone)

Comments

• Options

Eddie Howe.

If so wthe FA need to act quickly because I think Arsenal is is destiny
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

I despise our media

Well, it seems they've been working on this for some time and there's more to come. (On others?)
    Sammy boy has a bit of a reputation does he not? I'd say it was legitimate to go after him. Let's face it, it's corrupt behaviour in football which gets to cost us all more money through the turnstiles and TV subscriptions.
    We all said "well done" when the media exposed the MPs' expenses scandal. In fact, if memory serves that too was The Telegraph. This seems to me to be no different, it's all pigs with their snouts in the trough.
    They deserve what comes their way.
    Now, what the FA were thinking appointing this tarnished individual in the first place is another matter. Will they be charging themselves with bringing the game into disrepute I wonder?
    excellent point
  • Options
    I would imagine every club and manager in the premier league know how to negotiate 3rd party ownership so I see it as a bit of non event
  • Options

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter 32m32 minutes ago
    Talked to a few FA people tonight. Allardyce is in for a painful inquisition starting properly tomorrow. Touch and go whether he survives.

Ahh excellent I expected Katrien to be taking notes grilling him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2016

I really don't get the criticism of the media here. Is this story in the public interest? Bloody right it is. Is "entrapment" ethical? Case-by-case, I would say. In this case, it obviously was not just a fishing expedition. The Telegraph obviously had wind of something. And why would they have been looking? Just because he is the new England manager? No you clowns, because he has form.. Have you all forgotten this? Jesus, there was even a player involved who later played for Charlton.

Top work, Telegraph.

On the dodgy deals side of things, yes.

What Sam said, believing he was in private, about some of the people he works with - that's not necessary or helpful at all. Sure he's been an idiot to slip up there but if these guys put a lot of groundwork in to make him feel comfortable enough to talk about Hodgson, and get him a bit drunk even, then I don't think it's right that he had that exposed. He didn't say he was going to hire a hit man to kill Ga Nev, so I find that part's just salacious bullshit.
  • Options
    This is why we had Roy for so long - a nice man, no skeletons in his closet and principled. The FA just didn't want to have a constant headache of what they could be up to.
  • Options
    He isnt an idiot---just a greedy c--t. £3million off the EFA and all the dosh he has been paid as a manager when sacked at various clubs he is wedged up to the hilt, so he needed MORE .

As for the media being shit--it is in many many ways but exposing corruption etc like this is its ONE redeemable use.

Gross misconduct---get rid.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Eddie Howe.

Personally, I would prefer Eddie Howe to go to Arsenal. He deserves a bigger job and I would love to see an English manager at one of the top clubs in the country with a real budget and opportunity to do great things. He would always be on a hiding to nothing as England manager - time for that when he is older, more experienced, and with some trophies under his belt.

Meantime, appoint Steve Bruce. Very much in the Allardyce mould as a manager, but much more integrity.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Swisdom said:

Eddie Howe.

Personally, I would prefer Eddie Howe to go to Arsenal. He deserves a bigger job and I would love to see an English manager at one of the top clubs in the country with a real budget and opportunity to do great things. He would always be on a hiding to nothing as England manager - time for that when he is older, more experienced, and with some trophies under his belt.

Meantime, appoint Steve Bruce. Very much in the Allardyce mould as a manager, but much more integrity.
    Agreed. England don't deserve him.
  • Options

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter 32m32 minutes ago
    Talked to a few FA people tonight. Allardyce is in for a painful inquisition starting properly tomorrow. Touch and go whether he survives.

Ahh excellent I expected Katrien to be taking notes grilling him
    On current form - a girl with her lifetime experience of football - surely her CV is being polished up for the job vacancy?
  • Options
    I'm very disapointed in Big Sam. He should resign.
  • Options

I'm very disapointed in Big Sam. He should resign.

You almost sound surprised Muttley, football is wrotten to the core with all the money sloshing around, Big Sam is just the next in line to be exposed.
  • Options
    Sam is entertaining in the way he gets it to bite sized chunks.
    Fly to Hong Kong, give a keynote speech, hang about for a day or two, fly home, get thousands of pounds, sorted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    there has always been dodgy shit in football. Yonks ago "semi pro" teams got good players by puting extra money left in their kit.It was even called "boot money"
    Even at my level if we signed for a team we got new boots trainers etc.

What about Simonson being paid via a bag of cash on a coach to a game?

Scott Parker being tapped up by Chelsea

The Italian team relegated for cheating (Florentina?)

FIFA ----how cant we expect football not to be be bent when those at the top have been in the trough for decades
  • Options
    If he gets the sack from the FA, he'll likely be back in charge of Sunderland by the new year
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Eddie Howe.

If (as reported) Wenger is leaving at the end of this season and Howe is one of the front runners, then he'd be crazy to take the England job.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @LuckyReds

Again. You are not taking into account that Allardyce has form. His son was shown up as an agent of the worst kind. The Journos obviously got on to this because they know that Allardyce is not just friendly with dodgy agents, but actually has a son who is one of them. And was Allardyce contrite 10 years ago.? Was he hell. Got on his high horse and refused to be interviewed by the BBC.

The point about the deal he was being offered is what these "Far East Investors" were going to "invest" in. Players' that's what. It is wholly unacceptable that an England manager - paid by your money don't forget - would blithely accept a moonlight gig to help some dodgy people circumvent important rules his employer is supposed to enforce.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Swisdom said:

Eddie Howe.

Are we basing his integrity on leaving Palace after 25 minutes as manager?