Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New fiver not suitable for vegetarians.

Comments

• iainment said:

Seriously though @iainment. Would you get another pet once your cats have gone ?

I don't know. If I did I'd think carefully about their diet. So probably not cats.
    This one might be ok..

• cabbles said:

Just copied this off a Facebook pal

"Assorted idiotic arseholes. Absorbent paper banknotes are often covered in 'measurable' amounts of, bacon, chicken, mutton & beef fat, cocaine, real shit & crawling in dodgy bacteria."

No offence intended, his words not mine...

That's a point, they won't bloody work will they. That's completely passed me by
    Nor would a lettuce leaf
  • Have to resort to a rolled piece of chicken skin
  • @Iainment. You knew this was going to happen when you started this thread, didn't you?

I have to say when I was a veggie I didn't mention it unless I couldn't avoid it as inevitably some pompous twat would have to point out all the things I was doing / wearing that didn't fit their definition of being a veggie.

The pompous meat-eating twats wanted to make me out a hypocrite.
    The pompous vegetarian twats wanted to be a more authentic vegetarian than I was.

I've gotta say that when anybody presents themselves as a Veggie or Vegan to me, I don't batter an eyelid. I've cooked for Veggies many times and I'm quite happy to do so. BUT there are militant Veggies and Vegans in particular (my sister in law), who are happy to go on about how much healthier they are than meat eaters and then sometimes you get the 'meat is murder' bollocks trotted out.

I personally love meat and love animals at the same time. We try to rear as much of our own meat as possible (Poultry mainly, but sheep are on the way and maybe pigs further down the line) and I also like to go out into the countryside and get the meat meself. Being a massive advocate of ethical farming, if and when we do buy a bit of meat, it'll be direct from one of the farmers we know locally.

My Mrs was a veggie for 8 years and when we first come to France, the only thing she would really enjoy would be chicken breast out the shop, now she is content eating our own birds (as long as I 'deal with them') and she'll also eat the odd bit of rabbit and even boar.

What made you go back to eating meat btw?
    I was hanging out with some fairly militant animal rights campaigners and a little rich girl who wanted to be more militant than everyone else but had wealthy parents for when it all went wrong told me I didn't care about animals because I was eating a soya roll from a company that also produced meat products.

I ate a kebab in front of her.

I draw the line at battered eyelids though.
  • Have to resort to a rolled piece of chicken skin

Hmm, a lot of wastage. Purity is already a problem these days, don't want to add inefficient consumption processes into the mix
  • Over done it on the greens
  • https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/dec/03/vegetarian-rainbow-cafe-cambridge-5-note-animal-by-product?CMP=twt_gu

A vegetarian restaurant owner’s decision not to accept the new £5 note because it contains traces of meat byproducts has come under fire from vegetarians and carnivores alike.

Sharon Meijland, who has run the Rainbow cafe in Cambridge for the past three decades, said she would not allow customers to pay with the polymer note as tallow – an animal byproduct – is used during the production process.

The businesswoman said she had been left shocked and frightened by some of the online reaction to her decision.

But she claimed that her own customers have been supportive of her stance.
  • https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/dec/03/vegetarian-rainbow-cafe-cambridge-5-note-animal-by-product?CMP=twt_gu

A vegetarian restaurant owner’s decision not to accept the new £5 note because it contains traces of meat byproducts has come under fire from vegetarians and carnivores alike.

Sharon Meijland, who has run the Rainbow cafe in Cambridge for the past three decades, said she would not allow customers to pay with the polymer note as tallow – an animal byproduct – is used during the production process.

The businesswoman said she had been left shocked and frightened by some of the online reaction to her decision.

I think there's more brain in the new £5 note than she possesses...
  • Sponsored links:

I bet she doesn't get pilloried like that Irish bakery who wouldn't make the gay marriage cake.

One rule for one....etc ;)

Oh @cantersaddick, I've never met you but love all your posts .....except this one. Have a rethink!

I bet she doesn't get pilloried like that Irish bakery who wouldn't make the gay marriage cake.

One rule for one....etc ;)
    There's no real comparison there.

Oh @cantersaddick, I've never met you but love all your posts .....except this one. Have a rethink!
    @Arsenetatters you're probably right. A bit stupid and judgemental of me. That comment really wasnt necessary I agree...

I've explained in reasonable detail above why I think this should be a battle too far for most people but I guess I shouldn't judge people on their choices...
  • Apparently the combined total of 'tallow' in all the new fivers amounts to approx half a cow.
  • JaShea99 said:

Apparently the combined total of 'tallow' in all the new fivers amounts to approx half a cow.

Your point being?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2016
    Jellybeans contain gelatin and......

insect poo...

enjoy!
  • iainment said:

JaShea99 said:

Apparently the combined total of 'tallow' in all the new fivers amounts to approx half a cow.

Your point being?
    Why would you swerve or even have zn opinion on these fivers when you buy meat for 4 cats that also indiscriminately kill wild birds on a daily basis

**Sorry to keep on about the same point mate, but it's quite relevant to this discussion.**
  • iainment said:

JaShea99 said:

Your point being?
    Why would you swerve or even have zn opinion on these fivers when you buy meat for 4 cats that also indiscriminately kill wild birds on a daily basis

**Sorry to keep on about the same point mate, but it's quite relevant to this discussion.**
    Yawn.
    See my many previous posts in reply to this opinion of yours.
  • JaShea99 said:

'Just' half a cow? Front end, or rear end? The answer, of course, should be 'No animal products in our bank notes'.
  • iainment said:

iainment said:

JaShea99 said:

Your point being?

Yawn.
    It doesn't matter does it, fair enough if you've got your pets and you're gonna phase them out so that you can live as a genuine veggie, but you haven't got an argument on these fivers (with so little meat / by product content), all the time you're buying cat food that contains more or less 100% meat content.
  • iainment said:

iainment said:

JaShea99 said:

Your point being?

Yawn.
    It doesn't matter does it, fair enough if you've got your pets and you're gonna phase them out so that you can live as a genuine veggie, but you haven't got an argument on these fivers (with so little meat / by product content), all the time you're buying cat food that contains more or less 100% meat content.
    As I've said before I'm a mass of contradictions. I'm not going to have the cats put down, so with me or without me they'll eat. It doesn't actuaĺly make any difference if it's with me or another.
    So I' ll keep them.
    Sorry if you think that's hypocritical but that's the way it is.
  • iainment said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

JaShea99 said:

Your point being?

Yawn.
    As I've said before I'm a mass of contradictions. I'm not going to have the cats put down, so with me or without me they'll eat. It doesn't actuaĺly make any difference if it's with me or another.
    So I' ll keep them.
    I'm not suggesting you should have put down, I wouldn't dream of it mate.

• iainment said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

JaShea99 said:

Your point being?

Yawn.
    So I' ll keep them.
    I took it as an inference pal. That's all.
  • iainment said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

JaShea99 said:

Your point being?

Yawn.
    So I' ll keep them.
    I took it as an inference pal. That's all.
    No you're miles out. Just think you should enjoy the meat, then go all out veggie when the last one goes