Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's happening behind the scenes? Karl uncertainty. ED p6/7 all about Swisdom's golf handicap

With Clark, Barker and apparently O'Loughlin as I've just seen leaving and Karl being very hesitant in his post match interview there's clearly something going on that we don't know about. Either they've all realised they're being taken for mugs and decided to get away as soon as they can or know they'll be off soon anyway through a takeover.

Comments

• Options
    Doesn't matter who the manager is support Rol...er i mean the team.
  • Options
    I would like to believe it is incoming new ownership but feels more like he has just been told they are selling Holmes/Konsa/Aribo and he will have to replace them with freebies.
  • Options
    Reading those tweets, it does sound like he's off
  • Options
    If KR is off, I'm slightly surprised so many other people are going as well, and going separately as well

His comments certainly don't seem to fit the relatively feel good atmosphere of the dugout today
  • Options
    To counter balance this he has also been talking about his plans for the coaching team next year (Jackson, Bowyer) and how he wants things set up. So I don't think we should be taking these other comments in isolation, we'll just have to wait and see.
  • Options

It's the fairly sudden change of tone that I'm interested in.

Agreed. That's all very bizarre. If it were new owners I suspect he'd go about things business as usual and hope they let him continue his work when they take over.

What it sounds like to me is he's just been told they have to sell to buy this summer, and perhaps then they won't even be able to buy. Now that unto itself could be indicator that we're headed toward a sale, but for now it's really concerning. I mean we had two "potential signings" in the stands today FFS. And we know they're almost certainly not current League One players since League One teams played today.
  • Options
    I heard he wants to move back up north.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do we not put it past him to say stuff like this just to get talking about him?
  • Options
    So there was talk a month ago he was going Wigan this summer.

Would be very surprised though if he wasn't here next season, and would once again make a mockery of everything
  • Options
    cafctom said:

To counter balance this he has also been talking about his plans for the coaching team next year (Jackson, Bowyer) and how he wants things set up. So I don't think we should be taking these other comments in isolation, we'll just have to wait and see.

Agree
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

I heard he wants to move back up north.

Barker leaving seems significant to me. Been together for bar while but leaves for an assistants role.

Doesnt mean a takeover is happening imho, just that he wants to move.
  • Options
    He seemed to be getting a lot of hugs and handshakes from the pitch invaders yesterday.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    This is very interesting.

His finish was very good; 4 wins and a draw in his last 5.

I cannot imagine RD would want to make a change after his finish, so the idea it might be new ownership really is possible.

Just when I thought the takeover was dead, this makes me wonder if it might be "on" after all.
  • Options

He seemed to be getting a lot of hugs and handshakes from the pitch invaders yesterday.

Well he had promised them promotion next season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When talking about signings pre match he referenced loans (plural) which made me think that reasonable players will go, and the likes of Williams and Vaz Te will arrive.
  • Options
    Anyone got a link to the interview?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

When talking about signings pre match he referenced loans (plural) which made me think that reasonable players will go, and the likes of Williams and Vaz Te will arrive.

*starts loading revolver with sad but resolute expression on face*
  • Options
    Sounds a bit like Benitez situation.

"Give me the money to invest or I'm off."
  • Options

It's the fairly sudden change of tone that I'm interested in.

May be that he's been offered something else now.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Which would be the mantra of any self-respecting manager (within reason.)
  • Options

This is very interesting.

His finish was very good; 4 wins and a draw in his last 5.

I cannot imagine RD would want to make a change after his finish, so the idea it might be new ownership really is possible.

Just when I thought the takeover was dead, this makes me wonder if it might be "on" after all.

Napa......to be clear, you simply cannot imagine "anything" that RD might do next!
  • Options

WSS said:

Which would be the mantra of any self-respecting manager (within reason.)
    Precisely.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Could be Roland is happy to let buyers keep bidding and keep us ticking over in League 1 meaning a more meagre budget than Karl was expecting. Would also explain why their entire focus seems to be on the training ground - which must be one of our major selling points. Meanwhile the coaching and playing staff budgets are slashed dramatically.