Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's happening behind the scenes? Karl uncertainty. ED p6/7 all about Swisdom's golf handicap

Comments

• Options
    I'm guessing that he has been asked to make cuts across the team and coaching staff. Apparently Simon Clark was offered a role by KR but not one that he felt suits his skill set. Simon is a coach but it was a different role as KR decided that he wanted Lee Bowyer as the main first team coach and not Simon. Simon has more of a coaching history with the players and staff all through the academy and club than Bowyer but it was his decision.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

He's been told his Company Car for the year is a Dacia Duster

Who's been feeding you this info, Addickted ?

He may have been TOLD that's his next car....

...but someone ITK has leaked it's a Robin Reliant.
  • Options
    Don't think there is anything imminent with Robinson.
  • Options

Addickted said:

He's been told his Company Car for the year is a Dacia Duster

Who's been feeding you this info, Addickted ?

He may have been TOLD that's his next car....

...but someone ITK has leaked it's a Robin Reliant.
    And sponsored by Trotters Independent Trading
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

These quotes from KR reminded me a lot of when Slade said "we're miles away" from the squad we wanted/needed after the friendly at Orient two weeks before the season.

It almost seems like hes not wanting to quit, but he has a meeting set up with KM (possibly RD) where he is going to say exactly what he wants in terms of transfers and KMs reaction to this will determine whether he wants to stay at the club or not.

Based on previous transfer windows, that probably means he wont be staying.
  • Options
    By the sound of things KR us going through the same painful budget negotiations in Belgium as the UK government is with the EU...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2017
    LouisMend said:

These quotes from KR reminded me a lot of when Slade said "we're miles away" from the squad we wanted/needed after the friendly at Orient two weeks before the season.

Cor, that seems like a while ago. Am anticipating some similar frustration from KR in the coming months - albeit channeled completely differently (cryptic, long, horseshit interviews - rather than just saying "we're miles away")

That point about 'not having similar losses' means that optimists might say that we could have something to play with as all of the player sales fell into the subsequent year to the £13.5m loss. But yes, for FY 17/18 which this transfer window falls into... to not take a loss like that again, with much less money coming in, you'd have to assume we've got to ship a decent amount of cost out in wages and/or fees.

I think he's been told very recently to shift an absolute tonne of wages before even thinking about getting anyone in and we witnessed the earliest stage of his tantrum.
  • Options
    Presumably we are now at the point in our manager’s life cycle, where they realise that they are not going to get any backing in the forthcoming transfer window (it’s usually their second) and are just left with a selection of targets Mowgli has cobbled together. The club normally leak some old tosh at this point saying the manager said something unforgivable about a player, and had to go.
    Manager gets paid off, told to stay schtum.
    Rinse and repeat.
  • Options

It's the fairly sudden change of tone that I'm interested in.

I agree. He's put weight on since he came back, and our upturn in form did coincide with him being out the team after all. What happened to to the player that joined?
  • Options

He has no principals........ So flipping that Powell should have walked then when Roland interfered with the team.

So many modern day folk character assassinate despite having few or no dealings with person. Maybe KR principal was to look after his family by being in employment.

However it is very interesting the latest comments and another hit to my oh here we go again counter.

exactly, I'm sure we'd all walk away from a well paid job in similar circumstances with no guaranteed income to feed the family etc!!!
  • Options
    Does paying off contracts come under FFP wage to turnover ratio restrictions?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I'm lost as to why this tone of uncertainty and hesitancy has suddenly come to light. We've just signed Crofts on a one year extension ffs. He should be ebullient

have we? has that been on the O/S? the number of games played may have triggered an extra year but maybe it's in his favour so if he doesn't want to trigger it he can walk away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

LouisMend said:

It almost seems like hes not wanting to quit, but he has a meeting set up with KM (possibly RD) where he is going to say exactly what he wants in terms of transfers and KMs reaction to this will determine whether he wants to stay at the club or not.

Based on previous transfer windows, that probably means he wont be staying.
    But like any of us, he needs a job and can't imagine for a moment the phone has been ringing off the hook with offers.
  • Options

cabbles said:

I'm lost as to why this tone of uncertainty and hesitancy has suddenly come to light. We've just signed Crofts on a one year extension ffs. He should be ebullient

have we? has that been on the O/S? the number of games played may have triggered an extra year but maybe it's in his favour so if he doesn't want to trigger it he can walk away.
    Crofts is 33, he'll no doubt need a job and the club are contracted to offer him an extension.

It's not like Millwall or even Gillingham are about to double his money with an offer he can't refuse.

• Options
    Roland and Katie have failed to support whatever manager we have had in the last seven transfer window 's.
    Robinson has just found out that despite what he may have been offered nothing changes.
    Groundhog day once again.
  • Options
    It is being reported elsewhere that there is a rumour going around the training ground that Karl is leaving. No more details than that.

Wonder if anyone here has heard similar?
  • Options

It is being reported elsewhere that there is a rumour going around the training ground that Karl is leaving. No more details than that.

Interesting.
  • Options

Yes, 100% it's been going around behind the scenes. That doesn't automatically mean it is true though.
  • Options

Yes, 100% it's been going around behind the scenes. That doesn't automatically mean it is true though.

No, it's probably just wishful thinking by the players.
  • Options

Dawn, I'm fed up.

Lmfao