Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's happening behind the scenes? Karl uncertainty. ED p6/7 all about Swisdom's golf handicap

Comments

• Options
    LouisMend said:

A further comment I've just noticed when he was talking about the training ground revamp -

"Hopefully I can be part of the rebuilding process"

It's happening. Where's that GIF !
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

LouisMend said:

A further comment I've just noticed when he was talking about the training ground revamp -

"Hopefully I can be part of the rebuilding process"

I generally think there is a takeover happening and he knows something !!
    Hmm. It could be that the same as with the majority of previous coaches, he's been lied to, they won't back him as promised and he'll be sacked or will resign ?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    What do you all really think is happening, a takeover or a continuation of lack of support for each manager which is an established pattern?

Consider the Bob Peeters mantra of the 'young guns', consider the arrival of both Slade and Robinson where the easy to miss line of Charlton being a 'business' was said by both. Slade in the summer, Robinson in January were not really supported in team building that well, especially the midfield-lite Slade beginning and his 'patient' thing with Louis, and then Robinson trying every combination he could muster with the return of Watt, who businessman Roland would have pointed out he is still paying, as well. Add to the mix the notion that Robinson must still run the rule over loaned players like Cebellos, Sarr and Vetokele. Then we are casting around a Dover player in his late twenties.
    I don't see it as any change, but a continuation of the same old rubbish we have had before. The fundamental approach of Duchatelet seems to be continuing, and if there is a change in the air it is more likely that the sometimes trusting and innocent Karl Robinson (yes really) is just beginning to get it.

Once again the innocent supporter in me hopes I am seeing it all wrong, but past experience with Duchatelet is quite a big convincer.

Then we have the next period of time in which I predict that we will have delays caused by:

The season not completely over due to play offs.
    The unknown regarding contracted players such as Texiera and Novak.
    Potential loanees weighing up their options.
    Everybody going on holiday.
    Clubs deciding on their squads up to the last minute.
    Waiting until the transfer window closes 'trying to do the deals'.
    Greedy agents.
    Unrealistic fees and contracts demanded.
    Declarations that we would only want to bring in players better than what we have.

Any of the above list is plausible, unless of course you hear them over and over again. There are probably more lines to spin to run counter to Robinson's recent excitement and 10 player/outstanding budget/know exactly what is needed position. Maybe Tom Rubashow can tweak or introduce more excuses reasons why this summers rebuilding is less than convincing, I feel sure I have left some off my list.

• Options
    PS I forgot to add that we will only get in players that really want to play for Charlton Athletic, which is a particular favourite of Robinsons.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I wonder how long Tom R will be in the building /circus , Seth ?

A Ringmaster can only do so much when the "animals" are difficult to control....
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

I heard he wants to move back up north.

Can somebody lend him a compass before he gets hold of the Charlton compass and ends up in Brighton.
  • Options
    He's just heard Katrien might be leaving?
  • Options
    Rebuilding process, at the training ground and metaphorically for the whole club I hope.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Karl had some bad news pre match and i think we should bare with him here. It is not everyday you are told that brown sauce has been discontinued in the training ground restaurant...
  • Options
    Hoping these comments stem from an impending takeover
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Here's a sample of the quotes in a hurriedly made video

Certainly does not sound very positive
  • Options
    He must be thinking he's on his way, why would he speak like that. Fingers crossed Roland's selling up.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

That interview sounds like someone's balloon has been pricked.

Was it a black or a white balloon?

I agree with you, sounds like the reality of what he can do and spend has been spelt out to him and in particular that he can't spend until he's shed a lot of excess costs such as coaches and highly paid players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Harmless chump finally tumbles he is dealing with completely unscrupulous bastards, scenario?
  • Options
    He's been told his Company Car for the year is a Dacia Duster
  • Options
    I doubt Robinson is leaving on principals.
    He doesn't appear to have any.

He's either been given the boot because Roland's found another 'gem' of a manager from the homeland.
    Or... we are being sold!
  • Options
    He has no principals thats why he working for this toxic owner
  • Options

He has no principals thats why he working for this toxic owner

Exactly Amanda.

He knew the rub of the green when he took us on.
    Knew like so many other managers before him that when there was a fork in the road,only Roland's route will be taken.
    Knew that promises never have and never will be fulfilled.

If he thought that somehow he could change the status quo, then he's more stupid than first thought.
  • Options
    Lot of wishful thinking here
  • Options
    I expect he talked up what he wanted without a concrete yes from him in Belgium, and has now been told what he can actually have
  • Options
    razil said:

I expect he talked up what he wanted without a concrete yes from him in Belgium, and has now been told what he can actually have

Indeed. Which is bugger all, like every other manager before him.
  • Options
    Listening to that it sounds like it's going to be a budget thing - he's drawn up a wishlist and it's been ripped up by being giving peanuts to spend and/or having to move a load of people on first.

Sounds like he's implying that he might not be here if they don't budge as they'd be consigning us to being well away from the top of the table by doing so - which is not what he's here for.

Background to this could of course be takeover rumours - but more likely is probably Uncle Roly not wanting the debt to go up and not seeing anywhere near the same player sales potential as last year when he gutted us.