Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's happening behind the scenes? Karl uncertainty. ED p6/7 all about Swisdom's golf handicap

Comments

• Options
    He is going to get that bonus from Burnley now they are staying in the Prem. £1M??
  • Options
    Talking of Charlie Wright

http://grimsbynews.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/a-magnificent-goalkeeper-charlie-wright.html

The link to Charlton Life re Charlie and Matt Tees doesn't seem to work unfortunately.

Not for me anyway.
  • Options
    KR was at The Valley last night and will have seen several guys who will be in the first team squad next season.
  • Options
    KR has some difficult decisions to make regarding who to keep and who to try to off load. Katie hasn't helped by having ordinary players (Tex) on long contracts and good players (Holmes) on shortish contracts. I just hope we play to a system because we were a shapeless mess for to many games last year.

Maybe we should only sign players who play a good golf game to keep Swisdom happy!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    @LenGlover .. the second story about Matt Tees .. there's a growing body of opinion and 'evidence' that a career involving heading the ball can/does/might have a link to dementia in later life ..
    the Jeff Astle wiki page contains some interesting and disturbing points about this theory

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Astle
  • Options
    Still silence from the club and absolutely nothing on the 5 players he wanted in. I'm guessing he's off on holiday by now but would've expected some news.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2017
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/24354/charlton-boss-karl-robinson-explains-low-key-final-day-league-one-season/

Another of those strange interviews with Robinson where he talks a lot but says very little.

Or when he does it just begs another set of questions.

Was he leaving, what rumours of him leaving was he rubbishing, what is happening with Igor and Cebellos
  • Options

Having "learned from our mistakes" KR will be lucky to be trawling through the oddments and leftovers in the last week of August. Many, many players of a suitable level have moved around since the end of the season and Charlton's only first-team squad movements have been to release one knackered old shitbag and one perfectly competent leftback. I'm still of the view that no player worth considering should actually consider signing for Charlton while the belgian bastard holds sway. roly won't give KR any sort of budget, certainly nothing from any of these supposed add-ons from past sales, and the fucktards in Charlton's UK management team wouldn't recognise a good player or sensible contract in a million years. KR might as well talk swahili for all the notice roly or latrine will take. We might see plenty of familiar figures in Charlton red come August but there is absolutely fuck all chance it will be a promotion quality squad until sometime after roly fucks off.
    Do yourselves a favour and find something else to occupy your time til the Welling game in July.

Quite simply.................this
  • Options

Having "learned from our mistakes" KR will be lucky to be trawling through the oddments and leftovers in the last week of August. Many, many players of a suitable level have moved around since the end of the season and Charlton's only first-team squad movements have been to release one knackered old shitbag and one perfectly competent leftback. I'm still of the view that no player worth considering should actually consider signing for Charlton while the belgian bastard holds sway. roly won't give KR any sort of budget, certainly nothing from any of these supposed add-ons from past sales, and the fucktards in Charlton's UK management team wouldn't recognise a good player or sensible contract in a million years. KR might as well talk swahili for all the notice roly or latrine will take. We might see plenty of familiar figures in Charlton red come August but there is absolutely fuck all chance it will be a promotion quality squad until sometime after roly fucks off.
    Do yourselves a favour and find something else to occupy your time til the Welling game in July.

I thought I was aggressive in my stance against the Belgian pricks.

Well said sir!
  • Options
    Roland will love the reference to dancing and the training ground gets bigged up again.
  • Options

KR has some difficult decisions to make regarding who to keep and who to try to off load. Katie hasn't helped by having ordinary players (Tex) on long contracts and good players (Holmes) on shortish contracts. I just hope we play to a system because we were a shapeless mess for to many games last year.

Maybe we should only sign players who play a good golf game to keep Swisdom happy!

To be fair Tex is a very good player, but one on a silly contract for L1, and someone who doesn't want to be here. A motivated Tex would be amongst the best CBs in this division
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Charlton manager Karl Robinson is confident that their is enough coaching experience in his backroom team if Lee Bowyer makes a permanent move onto his backroom team.

Rich Cawley of all people.....I've had my illusions shattered
  • Options

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/24354/charlton-boss-karl-robinson-explains-low-key-final-day-league-one-season/

Another of those strange interviews with Robinson where he talks a lot but says very little.

Was he leaving, what rumours of him leaving was he rubbishing, what is happening with Igor and Cebellos

There was a link to a previous article (dated 19th May) where he says that both Vetokele & Cebellos will be coming back to assess them, talk to them & to see where they see themselves being. I take from that its more of a case of "please get your agent to move his arse & get out of here pronto so we can free up your wages on some other numpty"
  • Options

What a lot of waffle

PS - not you henners
  • Options

That's not strange, it's just bollocks. It has been suggested he is a poor manager. Maybe he is brilliant, it's just that his players haven't got a fucking clue what he is on about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

Scoham said:
    Charlton manager Karl Robinson is confident that their is enough coaching experience in his backroom team if Lee Bowyer makes a permanent move onto his backroom team.

Rich Cawley of all people.....I've had my illusions shattered
    Could have been worse mate, it could have been Manish.
  • Options

good spot, and yes a very interesting company profile. We can only hope and pray.

and protest.
  • Options
    Says he started that role last October, rather than recently.
  • Options

I love this guy, when the Mrs is a little bit over friendly I seek his advice.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Says he started that role last October, rather than recently.

I don't think he was the CEO then though was he? More like Executive Director.
  • Options
    On LinkedIn Varney is CEO of KEH (Ebbsfleet owners) but just a Director of Conrad Belmont - not CEO.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

On LinkedIn Varney is CEO of KEH (Ebbsfleet owners) but just a Director of Conrad Belmont - not CEO.

He changed it then. It definitely said CEO of Conrad Belmont earlier in the day.