Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club cricket thread

1929394959698»

Comments

• Options
    lolwray said:
    AshBurton said:
    As chair at Old Colfeians, I put together an occasional nostalgia piece for our Past Players newsletter. While researching what happened in April/May ten years ago, I just stumbled across @lolwray ‘s stellar bowling figures in a Sunday friendly vs Catford & Cyphers: 5-1-17-4. Well bowled that man! He did, however, fail to trouble the scorers in both of his early season innings against OCs in 2014. 
    You won't be surprised to hear I don't remember both the innings but it's nice to be reminded of the bowling ..Thankyou. I seem to remember it was a murky spring afternoon. Always a pleasure playing against Old Colfeians..I also remember bowling at the middle of a young Caswalls bat many years ago at Horn Park.( late 70s) .if you can find that scorecard I'd be very impressed .
    Oh yes, young Mr Caswall. A very good player and absolute master of taking a single off the last ball of an over. I watched in admiration from the other end as he scored 1,300 runs at 103 in his last year at school. He didn’t like facing first though, so I generally received at least 6 balls while batting with him. 
  • Options
    The skipper of Catford Cyphers in this particular game did the right thing in taking off one of the opening bowlers and bring himself on - no doubt in order to ensure that the other opening bowler had to spend all night buying jugs for taking a 10 fer! Fortunately, I wasn't playing for Sidcup in this game but did play with all of them including, of course, with Brian Smith.

https://www.play-cricket.com/website/results/304560  
    Likewise always a pleasure playing against Sidcup..I think Brian Smith and Roger Shaddock considered me a walking wicket but I have taken my fair share of Sidcup wickets over the years, always enjoyed playing against the likes of Jim Waterhouse and Hugh beresford - Webb