Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Magennis turns down contract offer!!! (Ed. Page 9 signs new contract)

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Would've thought he would taken the penalty they had for the hat trick..
  • Options

If we don't ruin him into the ground because he's our only option, this boy is going to have a big big season - I can feel it me bones!

Seconded.
  • Options
    I do like it when a nice chap does well.

Especially when he is one of ours!

Well done Mac, and glad you did not pick up a knock!!
  • Options
    And magennis was playing on the wing instead of upfront from the start
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Northern Ireland captain Steven Davis to Sky Sports:

The midfielder revealed that Josh Magennis - who had scored twice - wanted to take the penalty for his hat-trick.

Davis, who scored the kick, said: "He was desperate for the penalty with the hat-trick. I politely told him to go away".

Nice bloke
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suppose it was only 2-0, and with 15 minutes to go. Has Josh even taken a penalty for us?
  • Options
    Came on this thread to check up big Mac is not injured. glad to hear he's ok. Bonus 2 goals well done big man !
  • Options
    He broke his leg...

...endary non-scoring record against San Marino
  • Options

He was moved into the centre in the second half. Motm on the BBC
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41045461
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Northern Ireland captain Steven Davis to Sky Sports:

The midfielder revealed that Josh Magennis - who had scored twice - wanted to take the penalty for his hat-trick.

Davis, who scored the kick, said: "He was desperate for the penalty with the hat-trick. I politely told him to go away".

Very harsh!!!... Hope someone denies Steven Davis the chance to score a hat-trick one day!!
  • Options

Well, if Magennis has played tonight, there's now no excuse for him not playing at Oldham.

There we are, our number 9 problem sorted.

• Options
    Really harsh denying him the penno. What a prick. International hat tricks are special
  • Options
    I wonder what level San Marino are really? Non-league or better?
  • Options
    The result of the win means that N Ireland have a very good chance of going into the 2 legged play-offs (November ?) - means more games for Big Josh & less for us. I expect the dates will be used for friendlies for those teams not taking part but he could have "missed" them if they weren't that important, but now....
  • Options

only in the first half. Played up front second half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The result of the win means that N Ireland have a very good chance of going into the 2 legged play-offs (November ?) - means more games for Big Josh & less for us. I expect the dates will be used for friendlies for those teams not taking part but he could have "missed" them if they weren't that important, but now....

The BBC report says they need one point in the next game to finish second in the group and go through.
  • Options
    Well done Josh.
  • Options
    We should have kept Botaka, as a 3rd international...

Ben Reeves would like to get back into the N Ireland team, that would also make 3
  • Options
    Last Charlton player to score twice in a full international?

I think he must be the first.

(Leaving aside Bagheri, who wasn't a first team regular with us, getting 6 against Guam - who aren't a country - in 2000).

Will raise his profile and make it likely that offers will come in for him in January.
  • Options

(Leaving aside Bagheri, who wasn't a first team regular with us, getting 6 against Guam - who aren't a country - in 2000).

Will raise his profile and make it likely that offers will come in for him in January.

Thanks for reminding us...........not!
  • Options

Surely Reza ❤️ Scored two in an international match whilst with us?
  • Options

Surely Reza ❤️ Scored two in an international match whilst with us?
    No! Got a hat trick in a friendly v Papua New Guinea after he left us......