Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Magennis turns down contract offer!!! (Ed. Page 9 signs new contract)

Comments

• Options
    dickplumb said:

I have it on very good authority that Magennis asked for silly money and Robinson decided to circulate other clubs that he was for sale. To say this is bad news is a understatement.

Why?

Two words,

Lee Novak.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

What's Tucudean up to these days?

Tucadean plays for Romanian Champions Viitorul Constanta and was sent off last night in their 1-0 first leg win against APOEL Nicosia in the Champions League Qualifiers!!
    That's alright, it'll be at least 3 years before he had to serve a European ban playing for us. Sign him up!
  • Options

We will struggle to get a striker of as much all round ability as him in league 1. He is good in the air, has good link up play, holds the ball up well and brings others into the game, he is physical and won't let defences bully him, a good finisher and surprisingly quick for a big guy.

Most league 1 strikers have some but not all of those skills. This late on in the window we have no chance of getting anyone close.

Have to disagree that he is a good finisher.
    Finishing probably isn't his biggest strength but he scored some incredibly well taken goals he needed to do it a bit more consistently.

Point still stands his all round quality will be very tough to replace.
  • Options

We will struggle to get a striker of as much all round ability as him in league 1. He is good in the air, has good link up play, holds the ball up well and brings others into the game, he is physical and won't let defences bully him, a good finisher and surprisingly quick for a big guy.

Most league 1 strikers have some but not all of those skills. This late on in the window we have no chance of getting anyone close.

Who did MK Dons have as their first choice striker when KR took them up? Genuine question. It is possible to play with a smaller fella up top in a 4-2-3-1 but you need to keep it on the deck all the time.

Said a while ago, I think Vetokele would have done a good job at it.
    Will Grigg/Benik Afobe.

Neither massive targetmen nor speed merchants really.
  • Options

Who did MK Dons have as their first choice striker when KR took them up? Genuine question. It is possible to play with a smaller fella up top in a 4-2-3-1 but you need to keep it on the deck all the time.

Said a while ago, I think Vetokele would have done a good job at it.
    Will Grigg/Benik Afobe.

Neither massive targetmen nor speed merchants really.
    Afobe is a target man
  • Options

In the grand scheme of things, he's a nothing player. But to us right now, he's pretty damn important tbh.

And he knows it
  • Options
    Let him go
    If they don't want to be here bye bye
  • Options

What's Tucudean up to these days?

Tucadean plays for Romanian Champions Viitorul Constanta and was sent off last night in their 1-0 first leg win against APOEL Nicosia in the Champions League Qualifiers!!
    LOL'd it but that's a great spot, and doing my head in...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spongefoot is still a free agent
  • Options
    Talking of free agents. Lee Erwin has released himself from his contract today. If this is true about Magennis, I wouldn't be suprised if we see Erwin come in as the target man replacement.
  • Options
    Cheerio. Don't know who he's expecting to be lining up to take him. Nothing better than average league 1.
  • Options

Talking of free agents. Lee Erwin has released himself from his contract today. If this is true about Magennis, I wouldn't be suprised if we see Erwin come in as the target man replacement.

I doubt it, see my post on transfer rumours.
  • Options
    Strange timing. As it wasn't at the start of the summer seems to suggest it isn't a case that he's unhappy at the club and it is all about what has been offered. Without knowing the finer points of what has been offered then it's hard to know who is right and wrong. Could just be powerplays from both sides but Magennis knows that he has the upper hand given how our squad is looking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    While I'd rather keep him, he is a very average league one player.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Any slim hope of us making a promotion push goes if Josh moves on. I have no confidence he'll be replaced with anyone anywhere near his ability. Leaves us with KAG, Novak, Watt and for arguments sake, Erwin.

Eight days until the start of the season and we're up sh*t creek without a paddle...

again.

Agreed;
  • Options

PopIcon said:

While I'd rather keep him, he is a very average league one player.

As I said earlier, the Czech Republic's best defenders would beg to differ, and they are a bit better than League One

Let's ask Reza about that one shall we?
  • Options
    Depending on silly money, then fair enough. But given the wedges Novak, Clarke, Holmes, Marshall and a couple others are on, I wouldn't be surprised if he asked for wage parity and was refused it.

This is so frustrating. Why haven't we signed another striker anyway?! Watt isn't the answer...
  • Options
    4-6-0 formation at home v Bristol it is then

Spanish style
  • Options
    Not seen him much but when I have I've been impressed. Ok he won't score 20 goals a season but he will chip in with ten or so, has a good work rate, is a handful for defenders and the right man alongside him could score 20+. Don't know how much he is on but if he knows Novak is on 6k, Holmes probably more, then he obviously thinks he is worth more. With a year to go he has us over a barrel and if he doesn't go we have an unhappy player on our hands and an important one at that. If sold he won't command a fee more than 250k and we'd have to pay a lot more than that to replace him. Expect him to end up at Millwall.