Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood v Charlton 30/09/17 post-match views

Comments

• Options
    I wrote elsewhere that I long to see Holmes, Fosu and Marshall in harmony, running at/attacking opposition defences ..
    Marshall is nowhere near fit enough as yet .. but the longed for day is getting closer ((:>)
  • Options

I wrote elsewhere that I long to see Holmes, Fosu and Marshall in harmony, running at/attacking opposition defences ..
    Marshall is nowhere near fit enough as yet .. but the longed for day is getting closer ((:>)

And Clarke, probably player of the season so far, just like that, is consigned to the rubbish bin...
  • Options

And Clarke, probably player of the season so far, just like that, is consigned to the rubbish bin...
    not necessarily ..
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

One more thing on Fosu, I'd like to see if there are statistics on this, but I'd imagine he's one of the most fouled players in the league, and to his credit he hasn't been deterred despite some of the kickings he's gotten, home to Bury especially.

Looked at this and the answer is no. I checked the Press Association minute by minute report and the only info it gives is for example “foul by Joe Bloggs” with no details as to who was fouled.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    LenGlover said:

Well 20 points from 11 games, two under par thanks to Wigan in effect and/or only drawing with Bury!

I said I'd wait until 10 games in before formulating any opinions.

One thing I've observed is that everybody appears capable of beating everyone else and I don't see Shrewsbury sustaining their early pace and even Wigan might have a blip.

Given the above consistency of performance is going to be key this season and if we can keep our main players at the Club / injury free then we have a 50:50 chance of sneaking into the top 6 in my view.

As the Great Man used to say don't get too down in defeat or carried away with victory.

How did Marshall look pace wise after his injury given that pace is his main attribute?

As to be expected Len he looked rusty to me and didn't look comfortable challenging whilst tracking back, still that's not unusual for a lot of wingers whose main attributes are in attack. Needs more game time before we see the best of him, its good that he's available for selection though same with Reeves who had some nice touches and was keen to impress in his brief cameo.
  • Options
    Great win and great to have players like Reeves and Marshall coming off the bench now. Over the moon for Fosu as I believe he is key for us this season. Also very pleased to hear that Sarr was excellent today as well. We need all of our players to be confident and happy. If they are then we will be up there at the end of the season.
  • Options
    Sorry.... Just makes me laugh !!
  • Options
    Every shirt u see in Beckenham is Palarse - haven't seen one now for about 3 weeks -- hahaha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

SDAddick said:

One more thing on Fosu, I'd like to see if there are statistics on this, but I'd imagine he's one of the most fouled players in the league, and to his credit he hasn't been deterred despite some of the kickings he's gotten, home to Bury especially.

Looked at this and the answer is no. I checked the Press Association minute by minute report and the only info it gives is for example “foul by Joe Bloggs” with no details as to who was fouled.
    You're a legend just for looking LL. I figured as much. It anyone keeps those stats I'd imagine it'd be Opta and they'd require a subscription.
  • Options
    Fosu played for Fleetwood a couple years ago, 6 appearances and 1 goal
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    LenGlover said:

Well 20 points from 11 games, two under par thanks to Wigan in effect and/or only drawing with Bury!

I said I'd wait until 10 games in before formulating any opinions.

One thing I've observed is that everybody appears capable of beating everyone else and I don't see Shrewsbury sustaining their early pace and even Wigan might have a blip.

Given the above consistency of performance is going to be key this season and if we can keep our main players at the Club / injury free then we have a 50:50 chance of sneaking into the top 6 in my view.

As the Great Man used to say don't get too down in defeat or carried away with victory.

How did Marshall look pace wise after his injury given that pace is his main attribute?

This. Right now there doesn't look to be a Sheffield United who will run away with it this year. That said, even Sheff United had a slow start last season. Shrewsbury have had a ridiculous start but I think they'll come back down to earth at some point.

A lot of people ruing losses to Plymouth, Gills, and a point against Bury, but I think it's going to be that kind of league this year where everyone drops points against sides lower down the table. That means that the players and supporters need to get used to this, and not take lower sides for granted or get too down when we drop points against teams we feel are weaker.

We've taken nine from Oldham, Rotherham, and Fleetwood away and I don't think that's something many teams will do, especially as all of Oldham's late signings start to bed in.

As you say, don't get too high when we win, don't get too down when we lose. Some really good signs today and we have players coming back to fitness now but it's a long bloody season.
  • Options
    We're a good side, and I can't see us not finishing in the top 6.

We score in every game and more often than not take the lead away from home.
  • Options
    Another assist for Ricky
  • Options

We're a good side, and I can't see us not finishing in the top 6.

We score in every game and more often than not take the lead away from home.

Score in every game?

Plymouth 2 us 0

Us 0 Wigan 3

Gillingham 1 Us 0

• Options

The boys after the win

All on Charlton Life
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its not often one of our players get a hat trick, especially away from home - so I was thinking back to who has got one over the years. I might have missed one (or two) but could think of:

Leaburn (at Ipswich)
    Mendona (at Norwich)
    Hunt (at Stockport and/or Norwich ?)
    BWP (at Chesterfield)

and all but Leaburns ended up with us getting promotion. Just saying.......

• Options
    edited September 2017
    No chance is Fosu a diver. He imo does go down easy. 9/10 he goes down easy as he has 1 thing in sight, the ball. He's also quite small in stature.
  • Options

Its not often one of our players get a hat trick, especially away from home - so I was thinking back to who has got one over the years. I might have missed one (or two) but could think of:

Leaburn (at Ipswich)
    Mendona (at Norwich)
    BWP (at Chesterfield)

Harriott at Blackpool
  • Options

Leaburn (at Ipswich)
    Mendona (at Norwich)
    BWP (at Chesterfield)

Callum Harriot at Blackpool

• Options

Another assist for Ricky

• Options
    I'd like to be first person to say "we're still fifth" since 2008.
    Great stuff by Fosu btw.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Another assist for Ricky

Who got the other one?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Dazzler21 said:

Another assist for Ricky

Who got the other one?
    DaSilva I believe. I'm pretty sure it was him who won the ball back and then played it to Fosu who still had about 70 yards to run.