Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood v Charlton 30/09/17 post-match views

12345679»

Comments

• Options

Leuth said:

timken said:

3 defeats this season 2 against the bottom and second bottom sides.why?

we always do that. anyone else remember deano smashing one into his own net to let swindon beat us when we killed div 1 in 99/00?
    Lost 0-1 to a team that didn't have a shot on target. They may well have not even had a shot. The ball Deano knocked in was a cross.
    Off his elbow if I remember. Wasn't this the match where if we had won we would've broken a league record with 13 wins in a row?
    I don’t know if it would have been a record but it would have been thirteen wins on the bounce. The odds on an Addicks win were something like 4-1 on - seeing that was when I thought we’d lose.
    Maybe Deano had a few quid on it remembering the goal - only joking of course!
  • Options
    Hex said:

Missed It said:

Elements of our early play that KR needs to address:-
    1. As a smallish side we tend to get bullied
    2. Playing a pressing game only works if the whole side participtes. If the defence sit deep, gaps will be exploited.
    3. If 4-2-3-1 isn't working there needs to be a plan B. Bringing on a defender Konza for an attacking midfielder is not going to improve things. Don't blame the players for your lack of tactical nous.
    4. One senior striker, however the circumstances, is not a recipe for promotion.

I agree that these are all genuine handicaps. The best hope is that we are in a decent position when the next window opens. Robinson has suggested we will have a go at it if we are and we need to - no excuses - if ultimately we are going to be successful.
    They say that every year and they get it wrong every year. If you're building a team, you do it in the summer.

Don't scrimp and half-arse the job and then hope to scrape by with some late additions in January.
    But that's the way it works in Belgium with the season not really starting until after new year when the play-off commence.

But they only play 30 games and not at British football's 1,000mph crash, bang, wallop pace. Roland's idea of miserly spending on a tiny squad backed up by child labour and picking up stray Roger Johnson's might work there.
  • Options
    Yyyeeeeesssss
    Just opened me coral account
    Message your retail deposit has been approved £165 in account rang up what's this about bet you had on 30th September charlton 4+goals been paid ou
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Yyyeeeeesssss
    Just opened me coral account
    Message your retail deposit has been approved £165 in account rang up what's this about bet you had on 30th September charlton 4+goals been paid ou

Mine's a Heineken my best buddy.
  • Options
    Evening heigh ho
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Evening heigh ho

Morning misery guts.