Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2018 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Did Ed Chamberlain say all come back apart from Saint Are being assessed on course?
  • Options
    The Mrs had £2.50 EW on Tiger Roll. I won't be hearing the last of that!
  • Options
    Milansbar was the only one I wouldn’t get my money back on ! Doh.

Thread was fun and fascinating once again, cheers Peanuts.
  • Options

Did Ed Chamberlain say all come back apart from Saint Are being assessed on course?

• Options
    Fantastic news. Fingers crossed for Saint Are.

Watching the replay I can’t see what happened to Houblon Des Obeaux.
  • Options
    Bob any chance your lot can pay out please quick enough to take the money
  • Options

Went at Becher's with I Just Know, apparently.
  • Options

PM - you were right about Seeyouatmidnight being a run short. Also, can't help thinking that if connections hadn't run Bless The Wings in the IN he might have won.

Your fella was going so well (great pick @Addick Addict) - such a shame the weather screwed around with his plans.
    I think you're dead right about BTW.
    Milansbar's 5th not quite enough for breakeven for me, so that's chalked up a second unprofitable year in the last 13.

Had Tiger Roll and Bless the Wings EW a few weeks back thanks to @PeanutsMolloy

Cheers and well done Chief.
    Thanks (genuinely) for the reminder that Tiger Roll and Bless The Wings were indeed prominent on my model's radar screen (cheers for running BTW at Fairyhouse, Elliott :cry: ) - so a crumb of comfort for me that the model doesn't take much tweaking for those 2 at least.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not quite my year this time round but at least I got a little back from Milans Bar e/w. Many thanks @PeanutsMolloy for your great insight as always. I look forward to next year's thread and well done those who won big today.
  • Options

Fell at Bechers
  • Options
    Had Bless The Wings thanks to @PeanutsMolloy 's musings pre Cheltenham and Milansbar as one of his six so not too bad. My five year old grandson chose Pleasant Company because he liked the jockey's colours. My wife and daughter are giving me stick as to my methods and his!
  • Options
    Unlucky PM, cheers for your hard work anyway mate, always a great thread.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Top 4 all Irish trained? As well as 6th and 8th I believe.
  • Options
    I had Tiger Roll with Betfair, Ladbrokes, Bet365 and skybet. All paid out apart from Skybet

Followed peanuts predictions as ever so got some pennies on milans bar and gutted HDO fell
  • Options
    Carter said:

I had Tiger Roll with Betfair, Ladbrokes, Bet365 and skybet. All paid out apart from Skybet

Followed peanuts predictions as ever so got some pennies on milans bar and gutted HDO fell

Same here. Just like the Lee Bowyer bet, Sky Bet still haven't paid out.
  • Options
    Lost my money on HDO, going like a winner till he fell
  • Options
    One of my favourite threads. The detailed knowledge from PeanutsMolloy is valued.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Carter said:

Same here. Just like the Lee Bowyer bet, Sky Bet still haven't paid out.
    Got my £7 odd for Milansbar off skybet about 10 minutes ago. (haha) But yeah they are tighter than a ducks butt sometimes
  • Options
    Frustratingly ruled out the winner as thought he loved undulating tracks. He ticked all my trends. Maybe the nature of fences create stop start pace that undualting tracks have? Hmmm something to think about.

A grand each way on Identity Thief at 22/1 made the three days a happy adventure though but had a few others go close.

Onto Ayr and Punchestown!
  • Options
    And hear all horses are back safe...which is the best result of all! Saint Are the one concern but apparently walked back in
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

One of my favourite threads. The detailed knowledge from PeanutsMolloy is valued.

Absolutely. Serious effort and detail and always an enjoyable thread.
  • Options

The Mrs had £2.50 EW on Tiger Roll. I won't be hearing the last of that!

My wife had exactly the same bet and beat mine in the photo finish !

• Options

Frustratingly ruled out the winner as thought he loved undulating tracks. He ticked all my trends. Maybe the nature of fences create stop start pace that undualting tracks have? Hmmm something to think about.

A grand each way on Identity Thief at 22/1 made the three days a happy adventure though but had a few others go close.

Onto Ayr and Punchestown!

A grand each way?!
  • Options
    Overall profit for me thanks to peanuts.
    Fantastic thread as always.