Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2018 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Peanuts, let me add me thanks for your input in making this thread the best on Charltonlife by miles. Like others, I look forward to the annual event and the journey through to the big day. Such fun!
  • Options

bobmunro said:

IdleHans said:

Beeves out.....which means!

THE MILL IS IN!!!!

From your posts i have put £2.50 EW on this @ 66/1 thanks in advance :)
    He's 100/1 on Bet365 with the half stake back offer on EW bets.
    i haven't used bet365 for a while tbh , sorry bobbo although thats obviously a very good offer
    Cracking offer ;-)
    Once again, I'm grateful to Bet365 for permitting me a generous £0.50 ew at 100/1. Cheers.

Yes but presumably they did give you 50p back? You can now have 25p EW on another horse. And then have 12p EW on another.

In fact I'm sure that I saw a new slogan with you specifically in mind - "a pound on National day goes a long way with Bet 365!"

Ha !
    Indeed it would - had they not also withdrawn offers from my account !
  • Options
    Really appreciate this thread. @PeanutsMolloy , you must have to train those digits for weeks the amount of typing you do! It’s a fascinating chronicle of the intricacies of the most difficult jump race of the year.
    I always pick 2, and it’ll be Raz de Maree who ran well in bottomless ground at Cheltenham in Jan. Also Tiger Roll, who has the cross-country and soft ground combo. I will just get the bookie’s odds tomorrow. My son and daughter will pick theirs purely on the colours. The wife hates gambling.
    Good luck to all you backers tomorrow, especially those who really really take it as an art form!! (I won’t be able to watch as the cricket season starts tomorrow and I’ll be doing my best to concentrate on the umpiring).
  • Options

30 finishers? There is more chance of John McCririck riding the winner.
  • Options

len90 said:

30 finishers? There is more chance of John McCririck riding the winner.
    McCririck 50s with Bet365.

Max 25p each way for some of you on here apparently...
  • Options
    Thanks again peanuts for my favourite thread of the year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vieux Lion Rouge for me.
  • Options
    So the horse I’ve been backing every week for 2 months (Regal Encore)is declared a non runner on the morning of the race ! Gutted
  • Options

So the horse I’ve been backing every week for 2 months (Regal Encore)is declared a non runner on the morning of the race ! Gutted

Walk In The Mill as well (lame).
    Bad luck @alan dugdale and @PolzeathNick (and Trevor Hemmings)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Official Going this morning Heavy (Soft places). :smile:
  • Options
    Gone with @PeanutsMolloy tips plus Vieux Lion Rouge for the red and because my son works in an 17th century pub called the red lion.

Scientific.
  • Options

That's the door shut now. Walk In The Mill sneaks in #40 by some miracle! Vintage Clouds the one to miss out by one.

Not sure how they decided which of the two got in?!

Both still rated 141 so would have been by a ballot on Thursday - shame for VC, could have been right up his street.
    I can think of a certain owner who will be far from happy!
    With Walk In The Mill now a N/R he will be positively fuming!
  • Options

Gone with @PeanutsMolloy tips plus Vieux Lion Rouge for the red and because my son works in an 17th century pub called the red lion.

Scientific.

God,.. you're so unoriginal Henry :wink:

• Options

Scientific.

God,.. you're so unoriginal Henry :wink:

Hi G. Hope you are well.

Yep, no originality here but if the old red lion wins......
  • Options
    Do they get replaced?
  • Options

Walk In The Mill as well (lame).
    Bad luck @alan dugdale and @PolzeathNick (and Trevor Hemmings)
    Thankfully I had NRNB but think I lose all the free skybets I’ve placed on him !
    Oh well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Do they get replaced?

No they don't.
  • Options
    I had Walk in the Mill £5 each way with Bet365, total £10. They have refunded £5...?
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Do they get replaced?

No they don't.
    Is there gonna be adjustment to the prices you have on other horses or the number of e/w places now reduced field.
  • Options

I had Walk in the Mill £5 each way with Bet365, total £10. They have refunded £5...?

You would have already got £5 back immediately when you placed the bet as that’s the offer
  • Options

Surely total recall is going to win , i loved that film!

Long time since I've seen it.
    What happened at the end?

Been a while, Sorry, I can’t recall...
  • Options
    I'm going for Chase The Spud & Final Nudge .
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2018/apr/13/compelling-grand-national-keeps-fragile-link-with-horses-alive-horse-racing

Excellent article (aside from the nonsense about "No algorithm will ever predict the National winner......." :wink: ).
  • Options

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2018/apr/13/compelling-grand-national-keeps-fragile-link-with-horses-alive-horse-racing

Excellent article (aside from the nonsense about "No algorithm will ever predict the National winner......." :wink: ).

Makes me wonder what your thoughts are on things like the "virtual" Grand National? Lots of people writing the idea off as a nonsense but I'm not sure if they set the criteria/conditions right. They must use some sort of algorithm type process to come up with their predicted results, just with a fancy looking graphic to show off at the end.
  • Options

Makes me wonder what your thoughts are on things like the "virtual" Grand National? Lots of people writing the idea off as a nonsense but I'm not sure if they set the criteria/conditions right. They must use some sort of algorithm type process to come up with their predicted results, just with a fancy looking graphic to show off at the end.
    It was ridiculous. They predicted only six fallers.
  • Options

You would have already got £5 back immediately when you placed the bet as that’s the offer
    I guess but before he pulled out I had £10 total on him and had reinvested the other £5 in another = total £15. Now I have £5 refunded and £5 reinvested in another = £10.

I have the bet amount I placed but have essentially not benefited from the offer and cannot cash out the reinvested money to do so.