Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2018 Thread

Comments

• Options

Beeves out.....which means!

THE MILL IS IN!!!!

From your posts i have put £2.50 EW on this @ 66/1 thanks in advance :)
    He's 100/1 on Bet365 with the half stake back offer on EW bets.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

THE MILL IS IN!!!!

i haven't used bet365 for a while tbh , sorry bobbo although thats obviously a very good offer
  • Options

THE MILL IS IN!!!!

He's probably bigger than that now tbh. Have only backed him win only on exchanges at 3 figure prices. Layed off stake for a free poke at a five figure payout
  • Options

THE MILL IS IN!!!!

He's probably bigger than that now tbh. Have only backed him win only on exchanges at 3 figure prices. Layed off stake for a free poke at a five figure payout
    Nice good luck that would be a nice return, freerolling is always good :) Takes my runners to 6 tomorrow if Vintage Clouds gets in, quite happy with that.
  • Options

IdleHans said:

THE MILL IS IN!!!!

i haven't used bet365 for a while tbh , sorry bobbo although thats obviously a very good offer
    Cracking offer ;-)
  • Options
    That's the door shut now. Walk In The Mill sneaks in #40 by some miracle! Vintage Clouds the one to miss out by one.

Not sure how they decided which of the two got in?!
  • Options

That's the door shut now. Walk In The Mill sneaks in #40 by some miracle! Vintage Clouds the one to miss out by one.

Both still rated 141 so would have been by a ballot on Thursday - shame for VC, could have been right up his street.
  • Options

Both still rated 141 so would have been by a ballot on Thursday - shame for VC, could have been right up his street.
    I can think of a certain owner who will be far from happy!
  • Options
    Does it cost much money as an owner to enter a horse for the race, and do you then lose that if it withdraws?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

bobmunro said:

IdleHans said:

THE MILL IS IN!!!!

Cracking offer ;-)
    Once again, I'm grateful to Bet365 for permitting me a generous £0.50 ew at 100/1. Cheers.

Consider it a compliment ;-)
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Does it cost much money as an owner to enter a horse for the race, and do you then lose that if it withdraws?

At the very start of entries around £1,000 but that increases at various forfeit stages and if it faces the starter then around £5k in total I think.

Yes - all lost if it withdraws (refunded though I believe if it's eliminated based on numbers).
  • Options
    Picked a horse on my own for a change in first race today: winner @ 22/1 £5EW , good start for the day :) lets hope Ms P can come in would be a great day...
  • Options
    Thanks as always @PeanutsMolloy

Hope it’s the Caribbean cruise and not the Woolwich Ferry for Mrs Peanuts :-)
  • Options
    Big Up to @PeanutsMolloy for his hard work and fingers crossed he is right.

I think it's going to be a slow GN that will suit some of the slower, bigger priced, "sloggers".
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

IdleHans said:

THE MILL IS IN!!!!

Cracking offer ;-)
    Just unfortunate that most people who have had a half decent win from them can't avail of it!
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Thanks as always @PeanutsMolloy

Hope it’s the Caribbean cruise and not the Woolwich Ferry for Mrs Peanuts :-)

Screw the ferry Chief
  • Options
    Treble was £5EW on 16/1, 11/1 & 7/1 all placed, return £80 - Would have been nice to see what i would have won had Ms P won :P
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perfect conditions for Milansbar. I can see him leading all the way. I might have a bet on the number of finishers if the price is right, under ten is my guess.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Not exactly a surprise but that was the slowest Topham since 2001 (the Red Marauder year) at 5m 50.6s, though not as slow as might have been expected.
    Winning jock reported it riding as predominantly Soft rather than Heavy - the time supports that. Testing enough over 34.5f.
  • Options
    I will have a proper read of this later, but had a few quid each way on Captain Redbeard a while back at 50-1. Will add a couple of @PeanutsMolloy's selections and should land on holiday in Spain in time to find a bar to watch them all fly, I hope safely, in over a couple of cervezas!!

Best of luck everyone!
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Ladies day at aintree today

Last time out, unseated rider.
  • Options
    decent day was on ultragold win only + £140 there, a couple speculative on last 2 races :)
  • Options
    I fancy Double Ross @ 80-1, I don't know why, perhaps it is the same odds as Charlton getting promoted, (my odds) :smiley:
  • Options

bobmunro said:

IdleHans said:

THE MILL IS IN!!!!

Cracking offer ;-)
    Once again, I'm grateful to Bet365 for permitting me a generous £0.50 ew at 100/1. Cheers.

Yes but presumably they did give you 50p back? You can now have 25p EW on another horse. And then have 12p EW on another.

In fact I'm sure that I saw a new slogan with you specifically in mind - "a pound on National day goes a long way with Bet 365!"

• Options

One thing that struck me when looking at the market this year was whether everyone seems to have forgotten that this is still a handicap?!

A bloody difficult one too given that it is 10/1 the field and 20/1 bar two!
    First angle that struck me was how highly rated those at the front of the market are - 161,156,159,153,165,155,162. You've obviously got to assess each horse on their merits in relation to their mark but only Many Clouds and Neptune Collonges have won off those sort of marks and not sure Blaklion, Definitly Red and The Last Samuri are in that bracket.

Got to be looking at finding something below 150, that's 8-11yo and stays. From looks of it they will be overpriced!!!

I am a big fan of Seeyouatmidnight and have backed it at 33/1 (NRNB).

Seeyouatmidnight - rated 149 currently on 10-8, 3rd in the Scottish National and a 10 year old. Beat Bristol De Mai off level weights by 12l and also has defeated Blaklion in receipt of 3lbs by more than 3 lengths.

It won't be 33/1 come the day if it runs and if it doesn't then NRNB applies.
    12/1 co-favourite with Bet 365 now
  • Options

One thing that struck me when looking at the market this year was whether everyone seems to have forgotten that this is still a handicap?!

First angle that struck me was how highly rated those at the front of the market are - 161,156,159,153,165,155,162. You've obviously got to assess each horse on their merits in relation to their mark but only Many Clouds and Neptune Collonges have won off those sort of marks and not sure Blaklion, Definitly Red and The Last Samuri are in that bracket.

Got to be looking at finding something below 150, that's 8-11yo and stays. From looks of it they will be overpriced!!!

Seeyouatmidnight - rated 149 currently on 10-8, 3rd in the Scottish National and a 10 year old. Beat Bristol De Mai off level weights by 12l and also has defeated Blaklion in receipt of 3lbs by more than 3 lengths.

Great call @Addick Addict . Best of luck.
  • Options

Great call @Addick Addict . Best of luck.
    Thanks PM. I'm very good at finding the value - just not the winner.

Good luck to you too and all your followers - including me of course!