Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth Fan In Peace - Saturdays Game

Good afternoon all. Argyle are back at the valley on Saturday - I’ve made the trip once before back in the championship on a Tuesday night. I think we won 2-1 on that night but I remember McCormick punching a Danny Mills shot which had hit the post into his own net right in front of us!

That was as we went into 4th place in the Championship with one of our greatest sides. It went downhill after that evening with the fire sale of our players, Hollowords doing the dirty on us and the ensuing administration years sending us to the bottom of the 92. Anyway...onto this weeks match and we meet in differing circumstances both still in with a shout of reaching the L1 playoffs, though the wrong result this weekend could leave you with a lot to do.

It seems our clubs are having opposite fortunes recently, with our fan base, manager and board all finally in harmony and heading in the correct direction whilst doing it sustainably. It really is sh*t when there’s discord between the 3 and I hope it gets sorted your end before you get dragged any further.

I have a few questions about Saturdays game on behalf of our fan base.

Firstly the most important thing - pubs in Charlton? I’ve read mixed reports, is the Antigallican still open for Argyle fans on Saturday - I seem to remember this being the large away fans pub and close to the ground and station. I’ve read reports it is closed and that we go to the Rose of Denmark instead?

We’ve sold over 2500 tickets for Saturday but there is confusion on our forum about the block plan of your away end - with the images that people have found online seemingly out of date. Can anyone provide details of an up to date block plan or explain the layout? As no fans got to choose where they would like to sit/stand leaving many who like to sit concerned that their tickets are in the upper tier with our standers and vice versa. Do your stewards operate a strict sit in your allocated seat policy for away fans?

Finally what are your thoughts on the game and both teams prospects for the season? Will we run out of steam on our run from bottom in November? Have just seen that Karl Robinson wants to go walkabout, will this have an affect on Saturdays game? Will you struggle without the 2 internationals?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Do you wanna save the trip up from Devon and just have the three points?

Is Graham Carey back from injury yet? - He'd be a good replacement for Ricky Holmes if you wanna let us have him?
  • Options
    others have said in another thread that the Antigallican will be open on Saturday
  • Options
    Pafc said:

Good afternoon all. Argyle are back at the valley on Saturday - I’ve made the trip once before back in the championship on a Tuesday night. I think we won 2-1 on that night but I remember McCormick punching a Danny Mills shot which had hit the post into his own net right in front of us!

That was as we went into 4th place in the Championship with one of our greatest sides. It went downhill after that evening with the fire sale of our players, Hollowords doing the dirty on us and the ensuing administration years sending us to the bottom of the 92. Anyway...onto this weeks match and we meet in differing circumstances both still in with a shout of reaching the L1 playoffs, though the wrong result this weekend could leave you with a lot to do.

It seems our clubs are having opposite fortunes recently, with our fan base, manager and board all finally in harmony and heading in the correct direction whilst doing it sustainably. It really is sh*t when there’s discord between the 3 and I hope it gets sorted your end before you get dragged any further.

Firstly the most important thing - pubs in Charlton? I’ve read mixed reports, is the Antigallican still open for Argyle fans on Saturday - I seem to remember this being the large away fans pub and close to the ground and station. I’ve read reports it is closed and that we go to the Rose of Denmark instead?

We’ve sold over 2500 tickets for Saturday but there is confusion on our forum about the block plan of your away end - with the images that people have found online seemingly out of date. Can anyone provide details of an up to date block plan or explain the layout? As no fans got to choose where they would like to sit/stand leaving many who like to sit concerned that their tickets are in the upper tier with our standers and vice versa. Do your stewards operate a strict sit in your allocated seat policy for away fans?

Finally what are your thoughts on the game and both teams prospects for the season? Will we run out of steam on our run from bottom in November? Have just seen that Karl Robinson wants to go walkabout, will this have an affect on Saturdays game? Will you struggle without the 2 internationals?

you will win
    we have an owner who doesn't care
    no CEO
    a Manager who wants to leave, before Saturday if possible
    players who no longer give a shit
    fans who no longer give a shit, because of all the above
    no striker
    no goalkeeper

• Options
    I'd send your reserves, they will still win and you will guarantee no injuries!
  • Options
    2500 fans is a good effort and you will be more like the home fans with our 1000 turning up
  • Options
    Pafc said:

If you can't beat us given the mess we're in you should walk away pretty unhappy. I hope you have a good day out in London and enjoy your victory!
  • Options
    Away end like the whole ground, is all seater mate. It holds 3200 ish so if you don't sell out there will be room to re-seat for those that want to- usually in the far lower corner from the point you come in, judging form the home end view of similar sized turnouts.
    Boycotting myself like many others but think you should walk it. Possibly a comfortable away win, 0-4.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really, this is the best chance you will have for a certain victory - enjoy your day in London.
  • Options
    I've already bet on a Plymouth win on Saturday, we're in bits on and off the field. Agree that with 2500 fans coming up it'll feel like a home game for you.

The two internationals are our better players, but we're toilet even with them.

Our best chance is Robbo going ASAP and we get a bit of a bounce caused by Euell (our U23s manager) lighting a fire under them/changing things up.
  • Options
    There seem to be mixed messages about The Antigallican, it has been said that the pub will be open on matchdays, certainly 2500 thirsty Pilgrims should be good business!

I'd check the trains beforehand, there are often weekend engineering works on the lines to Charlton

As for the match, you beat us in August when you were playing badly, I imagine your win came as a complete surprise...maybe we'll get the "shock" win this time...
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Shrewsbury brought about 1500 and complimented the fact that stewards were told to let fans sit anywhere they chose. I would assume the same will apply to you. Although were you to sell the end out, that may not apply.

Welcome always had a soft spot for Argyle, for a club with a fairly indifferent history, your support especially away is a credit. Welcome to our car crash, you can put the final nail in our coffin for this season. Let's be honest you beat us, when you couldn't win a game at start of season, you should tear us a new one in this game !

Could see you improving a while back so had a punt. So every cloud has a silver lining.
  • Options

There seem to be mixed messages about The Antigallican, it has been said that the pub will be open on matchdays, certainly 2500 thirsty Pilgrims should be good business!

I'd check the trains beforehand, there are often weekend engineering works on the lines to Charlton

As for the match, you beat us in August when you were playing badly, I imagine your win came as a complete surprise...maybe we'll get the "shock" win this time...

More chance of knitting fog! As others have said, awful team, awful manager, lousy atmosphere as there will be few home fans, players away on International duty - blimey what more do you want? Nailed on three points for Argyle.

• Options
    We are not very well at the moment so please go easy on us. Thank you and enjoy your day out.
  • Options
    Enjoy the 3 points
  • Options
    Keep it down on the train back into town if you don't mind, I don't like to be repeatedly told how shite we are, actually I wish Argyle well although I'd like to switch league position, sadly for us I think you'll enjoy the match.
  • Options
    You only have to turn up to win. Our team won't be turning up. Duchatelet OUT, Robinson OUT, Keohane OUT, the tea lady at the training ground - Out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

You only have to turn up to win. Our team won't be turning up. Duchatelet OUT, Robinson OUT, Keohane OUT, the tea lady at the training ground - Out.

Not the tea lady as she makes a wonderful cuppa.
  • Options
    As long as Plymouth players have got their boots on the right way round I can’t see anything other than an away win.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

dickplumb said:

Not the tea lady as she makes a wonderful cuppa.
    And picks the team
  • Options
    Despite all the negative things you have read here and elsewhere nothing will prepare you for the despondency around everyone in our club. Totally lacking in direction on and off the pitch.
    Most now so despondent that they are not turning up. If we were to beat you on Saturday it would be a bigger shock than Wigan beating ManC.
  • Options
    Good time to play us.

Presently, we are the most dysfunctional club in the galaxy, the worst team in the solar system and the most ineptly run club in the universe.

You will win 0-7.
  • Options

Pafc said:

you will win
    we have an owner who doesn't care
    no CEO
    a Manager who wants to leave, before Saturday if possible
    players who no longer give a shit
    fans who no longer give a shit, because of all the above
    no striker
    no goalkeeper

As well as all that we’ll even give you a prostate check.
    Bummer!