Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth Fan In Peace - Saturdays Game

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    The Union Inn over in Saltash looks a bit rough.
  • Options

The Union Inn over in Saltash looks a bit rough.

You might be right there.
    Some nicer areas too, though.

Mate of mine used to live in Saltash for a while, but I don't know the place too well.
    Handy place to live if you like commuting across high suspension bridges. The estuary views are terrific.

• Options

clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

@Oggy Red and @Pafc

Could you find me a 4 bed detached house in a desirable location in Devon or Cornwall near a good surfing beach please. Detached garage, decent garden.

budget £800k-£1m

This is a property finder thread isn't it?

Got any more stashed away?

We're desperate for a takeover.

A few 3 beds in redruth for 100k
    You don't give up mate I'll give you that:)
    =you're an annoying c***!
    Coming from a bloke whose nicknames thrush.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

@Oggy Red and @Pafc

Could you find me a 4 bed detached house in a desirable location in Devon or Cornwall near a good surfing beach please. Detached garage, decent garden.

budget £800k-£1m

Hey, Mr clb74, don't wander off topic.

Don't you want to know the price of 3-bed semi in Bodmin, Truro or Penzance?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

@Oggy Red and @Pafc

budget £800k-£1m

St just please
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

@Oggy Red and @Pafc

budget £800k-£1m

St just please
    St Just? My God, next stop America.

It's a long way from everywhere.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

@Oggy Red and @Pafc

budget £800k-£1m

Mr?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

Don’t you just hate it when threads stay resolutely on theme :-)

I don't know - found it quite useful.

Me and the missus are viewing a 4 bed detached bungalow in Modbury tomorrow, thanks to this thread.
    Yep had a look at modbury nice little 2 bed new build £220000.
    Sensible people go to north Devon.

Very little traffic, less crime, fewer people, hardly any dual carriageways.

Wonderful self catering holiday homes in pretty rural villages available at excellent prices.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

@Oggy Red and @Pafc

budget £800k-£1m

Mr?
    Lady person?

I'm sorry, Mrs clb74.
    I didn't know.
  • Options
    I think I may defect to the dark side or Dr Kish's lot.

You're a lot of puerile, adolescent kids
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pafc said:

I work in Plympton and will be looking to buy there when we upsize in about 18 months time. Nice area!

Anyway back to Saturday - thoroughly enjoyed the day out and thanks to all the recommendations on here. We ended up doing a bit of a pub crawl through Cutty Sark/Greenwich. It's a bit of a shame we had to leave and go to the football to be honest.

Charlton were organised and got the ball forward quickly whilst still managing to do that in an attractive manner (ie not hoof ball). I've read it was all a bit too slow under Robinson so Bowyer seems to have made a difference already in that respect. The first goal was a great strike. Can happen to any team in any game if the oppo's left back is punting one in the top corner from there after a few minutes sometimes you've got to hold your hands up and accept that. We've had our fair share of luck recently so not complaining. Thought the game was typified by us hitting the post (and me celebrating jumping up and down like a lunatic as I could only see the path of the ball and not the goal line from towards the back of the stand- could have swore it was going in), and then you heading straight up the other end to make it 2-0. A real wind from our sails moment, could have been 1-1 to being 2-0 down on a real defensively poor goal to concede. Zyro is better than Magennis. At least from what I've seen from them both.

We played some nice football but it was all in the middle, no end product or cutting edge in the final third. A bit strange seeing as before this we'd scored 19 games in a row. So that's a good measure of your organisation and defensive performance in itself.

We missed 2 key players from the spine of our team - our big cb Sonny Bradley has been ill in hospital, and is replaced with number 4 Songo'o, who whilst he has a lot of heart and commitment is a walking clanger. Also Sarcevic our midfield engine. No excuses though, to get to the playoffs you need a strong squad not just strong 11 - perhaps that's where we'll get found out.

We're still enjoying the ride and other results could have been worse! We've got Scunthorpe away coming up on Monday - another team who'll likely bounce from a fresh leadership approach. Typical! Good luck for the remainder everyone and I hope we both make it! Might even see you all at Wembley who knows. No arguments on the day Charlton good value for the 3 points.

I’ve an affinity for Plymouth so it was nice to see you pick yourselves up. I was shocked we went 2-0 up as I expected us to loose to you.

As for your comment ‘It's a bit of a shame we had to leave and go to the football to be honest‘ I felt exactly the same as you when we played you away. I stayed for a long weekend in Plymouth and would’ve rather go somewhere else other than the rubbish we played against you away lol

Good luck for the rest of the season....unless its between us for playoffs or we play you again in the playoffs lol
  • Options

I'm sorry, is that a bad thing?
  • Options
    edited March 2018

I know, but we seem to have a lot more fun than you do :smile:

• Options
    Lydford Gorge is a little bit of paradise in Devon.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

@Oggy Red and @Pafc

budget £800k-£1m

Mr?
    Lady person?

I'm sorry, Mrs clb74.
    I didn't know.
    You’ve hurt her feelings now.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Lovely place. A great walk with a spectacular ending. Pub up the road was nice too.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Lovely place. A great walk with a spectacular ending. Pub up the road was nice too.
    Went for meal some years ago in the Bearslake Inn close to the Gorge once. The landlord was pissed, he was also the chef and he was taking the piss out of us wanting veggie meals.

We didn't order any food or drink.
  • Options
    considering seeing out our days in North Cornwall around Padstow, Wadebridge, Polzeath area. Would love a short stroll to New Polzeath so we can sit, take in the view, walk on the beach, have lunch, read a book etc. Idyllic.
  • Options

considering seeing out our days in North Cornwall around Padstow, Wadebridge, Polzeath area. Would love a short stroll to New Polzeath so we can sit, take in the view, walk on the beach, have lunch, read a book etc. Idyllic.

We tried that for a couple of years and found we were living amongst a lot of ex Londoners. The problems start when one partner dies.The family can't be arsed to visit leaving some very lonely old people.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We tried that for a couple of years and found we were living amongst a lot of ex Londoners. The problems start when one partner dies.The family can't be arsed to visit leaving some very lonely old people.
    Very real possibility baldy but you need to chase your dreams or you will always be wondering 'what if'.

Make the move large and then you can pick me and Mrs TT up on your way to matches ☺
  • Options

Very real possibility baldy but you need to chase your dreams or you will always be wondering 'what if'.

Make the move large and then you can pick me and Mrs TT up on your way to matches ☺
    I do wonder what percentage of people who chose to chase the dream felt like they'd made a mistake and those it was the best thing they'd ever done.
  • Options

Too bloody right if he thinks we're popping down there just to make sure he's not fallen asleep in his hot tub ! 2 weeks in the summer will be the best he'll get from his bro' & niece & nephews.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I do wonder what percentage of people who chose to chase the dream felt like they'd made a mistake and those it was the best thing they'd ever done.
    Is this the dream of living in Plymouth and found they did not like the area?
  • Options

clb74 said:

Is this the dream of living in Plymouth and found they did not like the area?
    No not really elfs.
    Quite a bit of the time i think about selling up and f@cking off having no mortgage,less stress , less road rage incidents.
    But unless your both working where you move to and dont have to commute to far are you that much better off
  • Options

we have thought of that. We'd only do so if our best friends move down too so we can all look out for each other in our old age. If they don't go neither will we. We don't want to end up with one of us stuck down there on their own.

Too bloody right if he thinks we're popping down there just to make sure he's not fallen asleep in his hot tub ! 2 weeks in the summer will be the best he'll get from his bro' & niece & nephews.
    two weeks? You can maybe come for a weekend.