Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth Fan In Peace - Saturdays Game

Comments

• Options
    Plymouth are a good side that are well organised and know what they are doing. Honest and hard working and very good support. Respect to their fans.

To me they lack any real flair, although I thought their number 10 was a good player. Overall I think they are punching above their weight. I will be very disappointed if we finish below them.
  • Options
    They have a system that will beat the poorer sides
  • Options
    Not sure they were prepared for the post-KR tactical switch. If they watched the video of us v Fleetwood they would have expected to simply turn up and swamp our slow tippy tappy sideways style of play. After all it what most of us expected to happen if we were honest.

Good job Bowyer had the tactical nous having seen Plymouth to negate their strengths but it is the basic role of any half decent coach.
  • Options
    I thought their fans were scummy. Booed twice when our team was read out (at 2.30pm & again at the start) - who does that ?? I understand booing an ex-player or even the jokey "who ?" when an oncoming sub is announced, but booing all 11 opposition players ???? wtf ??? Really glad we won.
  • Options

I thought their fans were scummy. Booed twice when our team was read out (at 2.30pm & again at the start) - who does that ?? I understand booing an ex-player or even the jokey "who ?" when an oncoming sub is announced, but booing all 11 opposition players ???? wtf ??? Really glad we won.

Bantz
  • Options
    They had a good turnout with little to cheer about. They played us a few days too late - I hope they had a safe journey home.
  • Options

Did you go to much football in the 70's and 80's?
  • Options

Hello little legs getting ready for your comeback
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scummy for booing? Obviously new to the game.

Went to their place for the away game. Nice bunch, good ground.

Hope we get them in the playoffs though!
  • Options
    They seemed friendly enough to me - the worst chant they could manage was 'your ground's too big for you' and at the moment at least, we couldn't do them under the trade description act for that one.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Quite a few of the Green Army are at the ‘Deptford Craft Beer Feast’, right by the station. A very good choice of beer and a good vibe - http://www.deptfordmarketyard.com/deptford-craft-beer-feast/

Also handily places for ‘The Dog & Bell’ in Princes St

Fuck me they've turned it into Hoxton.
  • Options

They seemed friendly enough to me - the worst chant they could manage was 'your ground's too big for you' and at the moment at least, we couldn't do them under the trade description act for that one.

They are a proper football club, with proper fans.
    Old style.

And they like their pasties.

• Options
    @Pafc you gonna come back and give us your view of the game
  • Options

@Pafc you gonna come back and give us your view of the game

Fans on here lied to him, said Plymouth could look forward to an easy 3 points, suckered 3,000 of their fans to buy a ticket because they thought they were going to see their team win and you expect him to come back on here ?
    Lied, this time last week I didn't think we'd win another game this season.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I wouldn't say we lied, we did believe what we were saying at the time :). It is one of the strange things about football how a managerial change can have such an impact. I think the news that the takeover is close helped make everybody a bit more positive too!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Been supporting Charlton since 1976 & have been to plenty of games thanks, home & away. (probably done the 92 but teams drop in & out of the leagues). Can't ever remember EVERY player being booed as their name has been read out - and I've been to the Den (New & Old) as well as The Gills, Leeds (was at St Andrews in 1988) Palace & Wimbledon (again, new & old).

Ok, maybe not "scummy" but certainly wtf ???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would be good to get a comment from the OP but I’m not holding my breath.
  • Options
    A few of their wannabes in dodgy aquascutum & Burberry were trying their best to get a reaction after the game, corner of floyd by the chip shop, just got laughed at and told to jog on.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Been supporting Charlton since 1976 & have been to plenty of games thanks, home & away. (probably done the 92 but teams drop in & out of the leagues). Can't ever remember EVERY player being booed as their name has been read out - and I've been to the Den (New & Old) as well as The Gills, Leeds (was at St Andrews in 1988) Palace & Wimbledon (again, new & old).

Ok, maybe not "scummy" but certainly wtf ???
    If it was a Derby or there was some history between us i could understand but i thought it a bit odd.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

A few of their wannabes in dodgy aquascutum & Burberry were trying their best to get a reaction after the game, corner of floyd by the chip shop, just got laughed at and told to jog on.

Same at the level crossing.
  • Options
    Always said that they can be a massive Club. They have the largest catchment area of any team in the Country and can always turn out in numbers. Much like the D&C Rugby side.

Went to an FA Cup 5th round tie to see them play Arsenal at Highbury in the '80s. Got through the turnstiles and couldn't get any further there were so many of them in the ground. Listened to the game rather than watched any of it.
  • Options
    The twat that launched something (looked much larger than a coin) 30 yards from the corner of the stand at Fosu near the end certainly didn’t come in peace.

Anyone else see that?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Hello little legs getting ready for your comeback
    See you at Wimbledon then, being as Bristol is too far for you.