Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth Fan In Peace - Saturdays Game

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018
    You could go to the Antigallican, if it's open of course. I'm afraid I personally have no idea whether it will be or not. Its right next to the station anyway so no harm in popping there to have a quick look.

But personally I'd recommend the Rose of Denmark, nicer pub, better beers. Only a bit of a walk from the station. Before the game they open up the front of the pub, so you can drink next to the street out the front, and in the smallish beer garden to the side of the pub as well. I used to go regularly a few years back when I had a ST, and there'd quite often be away fans there, and I never saw any sign of trouble. Used to get a bit crowded at times, but that was when we weren't quite so shit. Haven't been for a few years so no idea how busy it gets these days.

Safe journey, enjoy the game. Oh and the three points.
  • Options

You could go to the Antigallican, if it's open of course. I'm afraid I personally have no idea whether it will be or not. Its right next to the station anyway so no harm in popping there to have a quick look.

But personally I'd recommend the Rose of Denmark, nicer pub, better beers. Only a bit of a walk from the station. Before the game they open up the front of the pub, so you can drink next to the street out the front, and in the smallish beer garden to the side of the pub as well. I used to go regularly a few years back when I had a ST, and there'd quite often be away fans there, and I never saw any sign of trouble.

Don't forget there's 2,500 Greenies looking for a pint.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

But personally I'd recommend the Rose of Denmark, nicer pub, better beers. Only a bit of a walk from the station. Before the game they open up the front of the pub, so you can drink next to the street out the front, and in the smallish beer garden to the side of the pub as well. I used to go regularly a few years back when I had a ST, and there'd quite often be away fans there, and I never saw any sign of trouble.

Don't forget there's 2,500 Greenies looking for a pint.

True enough mate. Have edited to say it used to get a bit crowded at times, at least. Just saying which pub I'd go to, if I was in his shoes.
  • Options

Brilliant!

• Options
    I was down at your place for the away match with a mate. As usual I was expecting us to storm the league. we recieved a fairly deserved 2-0 defeat and my mate said at the time he thought Plymouth looked a tidy team, way better than their current form and league position suggested. He also thought we were lacking punch up front - turned out he knew a lot more about football than me.
    I imagine you will do the double if current form continues- but at some point we are going to win again. As we've lost and drawn against some of the supposedly weaker teams, who knows we may just nick a draw on saturday to spite you. I hope you do well after saturday, we had a great night out in Plymouth, and your travelling numbers would be a credit in the championship.
  • Options
    "at some point we are going to win again" ------- i think that goes in the "imminent" box
  • Options
    That's why I didn't put any sort of date on it.
  • Options
    Pafc said:

Good afternoon all. Argyle are back at the valley on Saturday - I’ve made the trip once before back in the championship on a Tuesday night. I think we won 2-1 on that night but I remember McCormick punching a Danny Mills shot which had hit the post into his own net right in front of us!

Id like to punch that child killing scumbag with a post.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    You would have more trouble beating 11 Cornish pasties than you would beating Charlton. Gaurenteed 3 points heading to Devon at 4.45 on Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just be nice to us ok? We're going through a tough time :joy:
  • Options
    Enjoy the three points
  • Options
    When your 4th goal goes in could you please join in with the we want Roland out chants.
    Thanks

Enjoy your day mate
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

Any one remember that documentary a few years back, when we sent someone down to Plymouth to show how a football club should be run?
    I'm hoping that someone does a follow up.

I think that may have been Steve Sutherland when he worked for Charlton.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Good time to play us.

Presently, we are the most dysfunctional club in the galaxy, the worst team in the solar system and the most ineptly run club in the universe.

You will win 0-7.

And the second half could be even worse!! ;)
  • Options
    Check that the ROD does not do home fans only, they often do this when large away crowds are coming. They wont want to piss off the regular home fans.
  • Options
    Have you ever seen 11 men simultaneously roll over before?
  • Options
    Pafc said:

Perhaps we’ll give the Antigallican a miss then - talk on our forum of a green takeover around Cutty Sark and Greenwich then hop on a train over. Sounds like we are in for a good trip, looking forward to it!

I’m sure we’ll be vocal in supporting your cause too should the atmosphere suit it!

That would be your best bet....drink in Greenwich then short train ride to Charlton.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited March 2018
    Pafc said:

Perhaps we’ll give the Antigallican a miss then - talk on our forum of a green takeover around Cutty Sark and Greenwich then hop on a train over. Sounds like we are in for a good trip, looking forward to it!

I’m sure we’ll be vocal in supporting your cause too should the atmosphere suit it!

Much better options in Greenwich, pub directly outside station and 2-3 on the walk into town centre/Cutty Sark area, where there is even more choice. Met some Fleetwood pals there last season, they enjoyed it so much they went back this season/last Saturday
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    We have been torn a new one so many times this season, we might be a little disgruntled and churlish when you do likewise, so apologies in advance.

If Jimmy Tarbuck's stunt double is still in charge and awaiting "one up front" to come back in fashion, you will win comfortably so enjoy.

If Jimmy Tarbuck's stunt double is NOT still in charge, you will win comfortably so enjoy.

Indeed, I am scratching my arse wondering how you could possibly not win comfortably and that is not an easy thing to do when your backside has more holes than a collinder!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Always makes me laugh ' Insert team' away fan we come in peace, its not like we are scary, although i guess its more of a respectful opening line.

Sad times at the valley at the mo, but i still live in hope we can pull of a shock win. embarrassing really at home expecting nil points.

Enjoy your day out, but lets hope you go back rueing missed chances and a smash and grab from our lot.
  • Options
    I can't get on this computer Saturday. And I sure as hell ain't going to the game.
    So well done for your superb 0-3 win at The valley. I hope make the play-offs
  • Options
    You won't get many better opportunities for an easy three points. If you can't beat us in the state we're in, I'm not sure I give your promotions hopes much of a chance.
  • Options

Pafc said:

Good afternoon all. Argyle are back at the valley on Saturday - I’ve made the trip once before back in the championship on a Tuesday night. I think we won 2-1 on that night but I remember McCormick punching a Danny Mills shot which had hit the post into his own net right in front of us!

That was as we went into 4th place in the Championship with one of our greatest sides. It went downhill after that evening with the fire sale of our players, Hollowords doing the dirty on us and the ensuing administration years sending us to the bottom of the 92. Anyway...onto this weeks match and we meet in differing circumstances both still in with a shout of reaching the L1 playoffs, though the wrong result this weekend could leave you with a lot to do.

It seems our clubs are having opposite fortunes recently, with our fan base, manager and board all finally in harmony and heading in the correct direction whilst doing it sustainably. It really is sh*t when there’s discord between the 3 and I hope it gets sorted your end before you get dragged any further.

I have a few questions about Saturdays game on behalf of our fan base.

Firstly the most important thing - pubs in Charlton? I’ve read mixed reports, is the Antigallican still open for Argyle fans on Saturday - I seem to remember this being the large away fans pub and close to the ground and station. I’ve read reports it is closed and that we go to the Rose of Denmark instead?

We’ve sold over 2500 tickets for Saturday but there is confusion on our forum about the block plan of your away end - with the images that people have found online seemingly out of date. Can anyone provide details of an up to date block plan or explain the layout? As no fans got to choose where they would like to sit/stand leaving many who like to sit concerned that their tickets are in the upper tier with our standers and vice versa. Do your stewards operate a strict sit in your allocated seat policy for away fans?

Finally what are your thoughts on the game and both teams prospects for the season? Will we run out of steam on our run from bottom in November? Have just seen that Karl Robinson wants to go walkabout, will this have an affect on Saturdays game? Will you struggle without the 2 internationals?

you will win
    we have an owner who doesn't care
    no CEO
    a Manager who wants to leave, before Saturday if possible
    players who no longer give a shit
    fans who no longer give a shit, because of all the above
    no striker
    no goalkeeper

As well as all that we’ll even give you a prostate check.
    Lets hope Karl pulls his finger out on Saturday and gives US something to cheer about.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Solidgone said:

dickplumb said:

You only have to turn up to win. Our team won't be turning up. Duchatelet OUT, Robinson OUT, Keohane OUT, the tea lady at the training ground - Out.

Not the tea lady as she makes a wonderful cuppa.
    And Leanne on reception is top notch too. No poaching her for a quiet life down in Devon eh.
  • Options

Always makes me laugh ' Insert team' away fan we come in peace, its not like we are scary, although i guess its more of a respectful opening line.

Sad times at the valley at the mo, but i still live in hope we can pull of a shock win. embarrassing really at home expecting nil points.

Enjoy your day out, but lets hope you go back rueing missed chances and a smash and grab from our lot.

Put "Redmidland in Mankini" in the search box, you'll see scary alright. ;)
  • Options
    Pafc said:

That was as we went into 4th place in the Championship with one of our greatest sides. It went downhill after that evening with the fire sale of our players, Hollowords doing the dirty on us and the ensuing administration years sending us to the bottom of the 92. Anyway...onto this weeks match and we meet in differing circumstances both still in with a shout of reaching the L1 playoffs, though the wrong result this weekend could leave you with a lot to do.

It seems our clubs are having opposite fortunes recently, with our fan base, manager and board all finally in harmony and heading in the correct direction whilst doing it sustainably. It really is sh*t when there’s discord between the 3 and I hope it gets sorted your end before you get dragged any further.

I have a few questions about Saturdays game on behalf of our fan base.

Firstly the most important thing - pubs in Charlton? I’ve read mixed reports, is the Antigallican still open for Argyle fans on Saturday - I seem to remember this being the large away fans pub and close to the ground and station. I’ve read reports it is closed and that we go to the Rose of Denmark instead?

We’ve sold over 2500 tickets for Saturday but there is confusion on our forum about the block plan of your away end - with the images that people have found online seemingly out of date. Can anyone provide details of an up to date block plan or explain the layout? As no fans got to choose where they would like to sit/stand leaving many who like to sit concerned that their tickets are in the upper tier with our standers and vice versa. Do your stewards operate a strict sit in your allocated seat policy for away fans?

Finally what are your thoughts on the game and both teams prospects for the season? Will we run out of steam on our run from bottom in November? Have just seen that Karl Robinson wants to go walkabout, will this have an affect on Saturdays game? Will you struggle without the 2 internationals?

Enjoy your 3 points.
  • Options

"at some point we are going to win again" ------- i think that goes in the "imminent" box

Welling in pre season.
  • Options
    Dreading Saturday, not sure why I am still going, its a car crash. You know you shouldn't look, but you just can't help it.

I enjoyed my day at your place, maybe not the result so much.

Have a great day, Greenwich is always a good place for a beer. For the more discerning fan there is Davy's in Greenwich an original 70's London wine bar. Very atmospheric, but give it a miss if you wish to be vocal. A little closer to The Valley is the Anchor and Hope by the river at the bottom of Anchor and Hope lane, particular good if you come on the coach as they drop you by Makro at the top of the road

Good luck in the play offs, oh and keep the noise down I don't want to be woken up during the game.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH80v3PqiKY
    You could visit the pub featured in this video.