Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth Fan In Peace - Saturdays Game

Comments

• Options
    I managed to bet on us to beat you on Saturday by pressing the wrong button on my Paddy Power App.
    It's a match we have to win if we are to have any chance of making the Playoffs. If our players had any balls we'd be in with a chance .
    Maybe they'll surprise us.
  • Options
    Trains are running normally on Saturday. For some reason the trains via Greenwich are missing from National Rail Enquiries!

• Options
    Am hearing our new owners will be in place before Saturday. Guardiola will be in as boss, with Song and Nazri in on free transfers. Free tickets for all home supporters meaning a full house and away fans will be subjected to full rectal examinations before entry.

All pubs in London only selling non alcoholic drinks and playing Sound of Music on a loop in their Dukeboxes due to some new European regulation.

If I was you I would save yourself the journey.
  • Options

Pafc said:

Good afternoon all. Argyle are back at the valley on Saturday - I’ve made the trip once before back in the championship on a Tuesday night. I think we won 2-1 on that night but I remember McCormick punching a Danny Mills shot which had hit the post into his own net right in front of us!

That was as we went into 4th place in the Championship with one of our greatest sides. It went downhill after that evening with the fire sale of our players, Hollowords doing the dirty on us and the ensuing administration years sending us to the bottom of the 92. Anyway...onto this weeks match and we meet in differing circumstances both still in with a shout of reaching the L1 playoffs, though the wrong result this weekend could leave you with a lot to do.

It seems our clubs are having opposite fortunes recently, with our fan base, manager and board all finally in harmony and heading in the correct direction whilst doing it sustainably. It really is sh*t when there’s discord between the 3 and I hope it gets sorted your end before you get dragged any further.

I have a few questions about Saturdays game on behalf of our fan base.

Firstly the most important thing - pubs in Charlton? I’ve read mixed reports, is the Antigallican still open for Argyle fans on Saturday - I seem to remember this being the large away fans pub and close to the ground and station. I’ve read reports it is closed and that we go to the Rose of Denmark instead?

We’ve sold over 2500 tickets for Saturday but there is confusion on our forum about the block plan of your away end - with the images that people have found online seemingly out of date. Can anyone provide details of an up to date block plan or explain the layout? As no fans got to choose where they would like to sit/stand leaving many who like to sit concerned that their tickets are in the upper tier with our standers and vice versa. Do your stewards operate a strict sit in your allocated seat policy for away fans?

Finally what are your thoughts on the game and both teams prospects for the season? Will we run out of steam on our run from bottom in November? Have just seen that Karl Robinson wants to go walkabout, will this have an affect on Saturdays game? Will you struggle without the 2 internationals?

you will win
    we have an owner who doesn't care
    no CEO
    a Manager who wants to leave, before Saturday if possible
    players who no longer give a shit
    fans who no longer give a shit, because of all the above
    no striker
    no goalkeeper

As well as all that we’ll even give you a prostate check.
    Lets hope Karl pulls his finger out on Saturday and gives US something to cheer about.
    Do you think he'd deflate?
  • Options
    My boss is a Plymouth fan and hes been away locally on jury service , national case as it happens, he thinks beaten us is a national scalp lol...
  • Options

Pafc said:

Good afternoon all. Argyle are back at the valley on Saturday - I’ve made the trip once before back in the championship on a Tuesday night. I think we won 2-1 on that night but I remember McCormick punching a Danny Mills shot which had hit the post into his own net right in front of us!

That was as we went into 4th place in the Championship with one of our greatest sides. It went downhill after that evening with the fire sale of our players, Hollowords doing the dirty on us and the ensuing administration years sending us to the bottom of the 92. Anyway...onto this weeks match and we meet in differing circumstances both still in with a shout of reaching the L1 playoffs, though the wrong result this weekend could leave you with a lot to do.

It seems our clubs are having opposite fortunes recently, with our fan base, manager and board all finally in harmony and heading in the correct direction whilst doing it sustainably. It really is sh*t when there’s discord between the 3 and I hope it gets sorted your end before you get dragged any further.

I have a few questions about Saturdays game on behalf of our fan base.

Firstly the most important thing - pubs in Charlton? I’ve read mixed reports, is the Antigallican still open for Argyle fans on Saturday - I seem to remember this being the large away fans pub and close to the ground and station. I’ve read reports it is closed and that we go to the Rose of Denmark instead?

We’ve sold over 2500 tickets for Saturday but there is confusion on our forum about the block plan of your away end - with the images that people have found online seemingly out of date. Can anyone provide details of an up to date block plan or explain the layout? As no fans got to choose where they would like to sit/stand leaving many who like to sit concerned that their tickets are in the upper tier with our standers and vice versa. Do your stewards operate a strict sit in your allocated seat policy for away fans?

Finally what are your thoughts on the game and both teams prospects for the season? Will we run out of steam on our run from bottom in November? Have just seen that Karl Robinson wants to go walkabout, will this have an affect on Saturdays game? Will you struggle without the 2 internationals?

you will win
    we have an owner who doesn't care
    no CEO
    a Manager who wants to leave, before Saturday if possible
    players who no longer give a shit
    fans who no longer give a shit, because of all the above
    no striker
    no goalkeeper

As well as all that we’ll even give you a prostate check.
    Lets hope Karl pulls his finger out on Saturday and gives US something to cheer about.
    Do you think he'd deflate?
    He's certainly full of hot air but i was referring to the prostate test. Finger out??
  • Options
    Have a soft spot for Plymouth, been to matches there several times when visiting the in laws in Cornwall.

You will not have an easier 3 points all season.
  • Options

Down here in Sunny Cornwall, lots of my mates are Greenies.
    It looks like I'm going to have to take a lot of stick this weekend.

Proper traditional club, Argyle.
    But it's not so long ago that they've had their troubles too. Pleased for them they've turned it round.

Maybe in the long term there's hope for us too.

• Options
    Do you think he might be picking up on a slight lack of confidence?
  • Options
    Its hard to see anything other than a Plymouth win given our current mess. Plymouth have always been one of my second favourite teams not sure why maybe its the green army thing , but you enjoy your day out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember them singing "you're not famous anymore" at us, at a pardew era game.
  • Options
    i have a special affection for plymouth as i was at the poly there in the early eighties so wont begrudge being beaten BUT I will be pissed off that its come to this. I love big away crowds and they definitely add to the atmosphere. It is sometimes under awful circumstances the victory is snatched against all the odds and if this team are given a seige mentality and pull off the performance of the season then I could be tempted to think that a victory is achievable. But they wont be and therefore Plymouth will gain an easy win and I will go home pissed off again.
  • Options
    I’m taking a Plymouth supporter to the game on Saturday and really looking forward to the journey home. Not.

Went to the away game with my son in the summer. Nice pies, but slightly funny looking. A local product I gather; made in the capital of Plymouth, Cornwall.

Travel really broadens the mind!
  • Options
    I’m convinced we’ll win , Charlton fans are generally the worse judges in the world .

I could be wrong (with the result that is)
  • Options
    I think there is an unwritten rule in football that generally means that with Robinson probably gone, Charlton will win. The problem is, that in all my years supporting Charlton, it is very rare that these sort of rules apply to us. When we think we are going to lose, that is generally what happens!
  • Options

I’m convinced we’ll win , Charlton fans are generally the worse judges in the world .

I could be wrong (with the result that is)

In this case mate, you are not wrong.
  • Options
    Stick every penny you own on Plymouth to win, it's banker!!!!

I am going to the match, our relatives are coming up from Plymouth to watch the game, like I went down there earlier in the season.

Long train journey back to Sittingbourne for me, with a Plymouth fan after their team has won 8-0!!!!
  • Options
    It will be a walk in the park for you - we are pants.
  • Options

It will be a walk in the park for you - we are pants.

Well you say that, but I've backed Plymouth at 5/2, so Charlton will probably win or draw.
  • Options
    Boss told me today that they have been given an extra 1000 tickets for Saturday, anyone know anything about this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking at their website its 400....just like my boss to exaggerate.
  • Options
    Good grief so thats 3000 bundles of happiness at the Valley of doom and gloom?

Bollox
  • Options

Good grief so thats 3000 bundles of happiness at the Valley of doom and gloom?

Bollox

With Blackburn having a celebration party on the last home game also...not much to look forward too...
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    If JJ is in charge perhaps we will get the new manager bounce :wink:
  • Options
    If Bowyer is in charge we'll be harder to beat I hope.
  • Options
    Should be a much livelier atmosphere on Saturday now...
  • Options
    Just play 2 up front Lee, that is all we what from you. We are home to Plymouth not Barcelona away.
  • Options

Boss told me today that they have been given an extra 1000 tickets for Saturday, anyone know anything about this.

Could give them an extra 10k if they want them!