Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth Fan In Peace - Saturdays Game

Comments

• Options

We will play great football with high determination and then you will score.

50% right.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Always said that they can be a massive Club. They have the largest catchment area of any team in the Country and can always turn out in numbers. Much like the D&C Rugby side.

Went to an FA Cup 5th round tie to see them play Arsenal at Highbury in the '80s. Got through the turnstiles and couldn't get any further there were so many of them in the ground. Listened to the game rather than watched any of it.

Largest by area maybe unfortunately scummy Palace have the largest by population.
  • Options

Addickted said:

Always said that they can be a massive Club. They have the largest catchment area of any team in the Country and can always turn out in numbers. Much like the D&C Rugby side.

Went to an FA Cup 5th round tie to see them play Arsenal at Highbury in the '80s. Got through the turnstiles and couldn't get any further there were so many of them in the ground. Listened to the game rather than watched any of it.

Largest by area maybe unfortunately scummy Palace have the largest by population.
    yeah but most people in Surrey support man u.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Obviously they’re on a great run but those numbers are beyond impressive when you consider how far they have travelled (most from London of course ) we don’t always get them numbers (when available) for London fixtures !
    FairPlay proper away numbers, we can but dream

Living in Cornwall, I've got plenty of Argyle mates - some who came up specially for the game yesterday.
    They're the nearest local League club after all.

The Green Army always have a sizeable away following, often putting ours to shame.
    And it's a long, long way from Plymouth to most grounds in the country.

Sure, they've got plenty of 'ex-pats' living and working in London.
    But there's been a hell of a buzz in the local press about this game - and most of their fans have travelled up from in and around Plymouth.

Why is that Oggy?
    Plymouth/Cornwall have high unemployment, the wages are low and day out in London don't come cheap.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Oggy Red said:

Obviously they’re on a great run but those numbers are beyond impressive when you consider how far they have travelled (most from London of course ) we don’t always get them numbers (when available) for London fixtures !

Living in Cornwall, I've got plenty of Argyle mates - some who came up specially for the game yesterday.

The Green Army always have a sizeable away following, often putting ours to shame.

But there's been a hell of a buzz in the local press about this game - and most of their fans have travelled up from in and around Plymouth.

Why is that Oggy?
    Plymouth/Cornwall have high unemployment, the wages are low and day out in London don't come cheap.
    Sort of been explained before baldy
    The wages are not as low as people think and housing rent costs a lot lower.
    A couple i know from Bradford earn about 45000 between them and got a large 3 bed in cleackheaton for £100000
  • Options

Addickted said:

yeah but most people in Surrey support man u.
    Plenty of Chelsea in Croydon as well...but you get me drift.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

An Irish fella I once knew said he supported PA....strange I thought, but it was because they play in green.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Why is that Oggy?
    You're right, the region has some of the lowest wages anywhere in the country.

But these are traditional football supporters, they have passion and for many of them, the football is the highlight of the week.
    Don't forget though, Argyle are on a tremendous run and Charlton is seen as a big fish in the Third division.

Expectations were high that they could beat a club in turmoil and continue their amazing run from bottom of the League in November to unbelievably being in the playoff positions .... 40 points in 17 games.

It was a big game for them.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Why is that Oggy?
    You're right, the region has some of the lowest wages anywhere in the country.

But these are traditional football supporters, they have passion and for many of them, the football is the highlight of the week.
    Don't forget though, Argyle are on a tremendous run and Charlton is seen as a big fish in the Third division.

Expectations were high that they could beat a club in turmoil and continue their amazing run from bottom of the League in November to unbelievably being in the playoff positions .... 40 points in 17 games.

It was a big game for them.

Cheers.
    I must say the city centre looks a lot better than it used to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

Why is that Oggy?
    A couple i know from Bradford earn about 45000 between them and got a large 3 bed in cleackheaton for £100000
    Housing and rents are not cheap, either.

You won't get a 3 bedroom house anywhere near £100 k, lol
    At least double the price and think again.

I've got family in Kent - house prices and rents there are not much different to down here.
    Wages are amongst the lowest in the country. Many couples can only dream of earning £45,000 between them.

• Options
    You came all that way for fk all should have been belted out from about 65 mins when it was without a doubt game over as we we’re just never in trouble

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Probably is a good thing for them... they've gone on a good run which I dont think is sustainable to win the Play-Offs

They've got to lose a few before the end of the season to start a new run I think so dont blame them for being "delighted"
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

Why is that Oggy?

I've got family in Kent - house prices and rents there are not much different to down here.
    Wages are amongst the lowest in the country. Many couples can only dream of earning £45,000 between them.

I can confirm that the wages down here (South Devon) are dreadful.
  • Options
    Loads of Plymouth fans are the Deptford beer festival, they seem to be enjoying themselves!
  • Options
    I popped to the Taproom at woolwich arsenal. Lovely beer and chilled atmosphere. Will go again pre match
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

Why is that Oggy?

Few three bed houses for around £100000 in Plymouth.
    Regarding wages is Plymouth not part of the national minimum wage.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

They seemed friendly enough to me - the worst chant they could manage was 'your ground's too big for you' and at the moment at least, we couldn't do them under the trade description act for that one.

They are a proper football club, with proper fans.
    Old style.

And they like their pasties.

Bet they didn't get any decent pasties up here!
  • Options
    Hmmm..... Got severe food poisoning from a dodgy pastie I had at Bigbury On Sea about 25 years ago.

Spent three days out of it, delirious, the lot. Took me about 20 years before i could eat a pastie again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

Why is that Oggy?

I've just gone on Rightmove searching for 3 bedrooms or more, not retirement, not shared ownership and parking in Devon as a whole.

There are park homes and the odd maisonette or flat around £100K but you are looking at £150K plus for any form of 3 bed house.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

Why is that Oggy?

I've just gone on Rightmove searching for 3 bedrooms or more, not retirement, not shared ownership and parking in Devon as a whole.

There are park homes and the odd maisonette or flat around £100K but you are looking at £150K plus for any form of 3 bed house.
    Still pretty cheap.
  • Options

You would have more trouble beating 11 Cornish pasties than you would beating Charlton. Gaurenteed 3 points heading to Devon at 4.45 on Saturday.

Please eat you pastie hat
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

Why is that Oggy?

Sorry Len was using it as an example i see there are 1 bed flats for £60000 so if you have a young couple working at Wetherspoons on £15000 each and the mortgage is £300 youd have quite a bit of spare cash a month.
  • Options
    Our 3 bed semi in Plymouth was 220k
  • Options

The twat that launched something (looked much larger than a coin) 30 yards from the corner of the stand at Fosu near the end certainly didn’t come in peace.

Anyone else see that?

It was Roland.
  • Options
    RedMist said:

Our 3 bed semi in Plymouth was 220k

Combined income of 45000 roughly.
  • Options
    Our friends sold their pokey hovel and moved to a mansion in Saltash for the same money. I don't envy them though. They get treated like foreigners and can't come back.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    clb74 said:

LenGlover said:

clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

Why is that Oggy?

Sorry Len was using it as an example i see there are 1 bed flats for £60000 so if you have a young couple working at Wetherspoons on £15000 each and the mortgage is £300 youd have quite a bit of spare cash a month.
    So I had a look on the net and found advertised (situated in student land in Plymouth) a 1 bed flat in an old house conversion, "For sale by Modern Method of Auction: Starting Bid Price £60,000.00 plus Reservation Fee" ..... is this the one you saw?

But it's an auction guide price, starting bids at £60,000.

Typically auction houses put an unrealistically low 'guide price', purely to attract a high level of interest.
    You can bet your life a property like this will sell for around £100k.

But it's unlikely to be bought by your "young couple working at Weatherspoons on £15,000 each".
    Assuming they've saved and scrimped to get their 25% deposit together, legal fees, etc, they'll be outbid.

More likely it will be snapped up by an investor - and rented back to the "young couple" at £500k plus per month.
    And they still won't be able to afford to save for a bigger deposit for a 1-bed flat at market prices.

Did anyone mention 3-bed houses .....?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

clb74 said:

LenGlover said:

clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

Why is that Oggy?

So I had a look on the net and found a 1 bed flat in a old house conversion, "For sale by Modern Method of Auction: Starting Bid Price £60,000.00 plus Reservation Fee" ..... is this the one you saw?

But it's an auction guide price, starting at £60,000.

Typically auction houses put an unrealistically low 'guide price', purely to attract a high level of interest.
    You can bet your life a property like this will sell for around £100k.

But it's unlikely to be bought by your "young couple working at Weatherspoons on £15,000 each".
    Assuming they've saved and scrimped to get their 25% deposit together, legal fees, etc, they'll be outbid.

More likely it will be snapped up by an investor - and rented back to the "young couple" at £500k plus per month.
    And they still won't be able to afford to save for a bigger deposit for a 1-bed flat at market prices.

Did anyone mention 3-bed houses .....?

You f***** him there mate!

Stick to laying bricks CLB.