Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth Fan In Peace - Saturdays Game

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

Don’t you just hate it when threads stay resolutely on theme :-)

I don't know - found it quite useful.

Me and the missus are viewing a 4 bed detached bungalow in Modbury tomorrow, thanks to this thread.
    I don't know if you're serious, but Modbury has lovely old buildings in it's little town centre.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

Me and the missus are viewing a 4 bed detached bungalow in Modbury tomorrow, thanks to this thread.
    I don't know if you're serious, but Modbury has lovely old buildings in it's little town centre.

Whooosh.

Know it well. Have family buried in the Churchyard.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Oggy Red said:

Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

Whooosh.

Know it well. Have family buried in the Churchyard.
    I've been well and truly, whooooshed then! :smile:
  • Options
    Pafc said:

I work in Plympton and will be looking to buy there when we upsize in about 18 months time. Nice area!

Never mind all the football nonsense ..... we're desperate to know how much a 3-bed semi would cost in Plympton?

:smile:
  • Options
    Addickted said:

That's all very well, but would you recommend Saltash as an acceptable alternative to bring up a young family, despite it being 'over the border'?

Got a few mates from Saltash and I actually used to play for the football side. Lovely little place but I wouldn't live over the border personally!

3 bed semi in Plympton is between 200k - 230k for those interested!

• Options
    Pafc you were unlucky to play us on our best performance for years.
  • Options
    Pafc said:

I work in Plympton and will be looking to buy there when we upsize in about 18 months time. Nice area!

Anyway back to Saturday - thoroughly enjoyed the day out and thanks to all the recommendations on here. We ended up doing a bit of a pub crawl through Cutty Sark/Greenwich. It's a bit of a shame we had to leave and go to the football to be honest.

Charlton were organised and got the ball forward quickly whilst still managing to do that in an attractive manner (ie not hoof ball). I've read it was all a bit too slow under Robinson so Bowyer seems to have made a difference already in that respect. The first goal was a great strike. Can happen to any team in any game if the oppo's left back is punting one in the top corner from there after a few minutes sometimes you've got to hold your hands up and accept that. We've had our fair share of luck recently so not complaining. Thought the game was typified by us hitting the post (and me celebrating jumping up and down like a lunatic as I could only see the path of the ball and not the goal line from towards the back of the stand- could have swore it was going in), and then you heading straight up the other end to make it 2-0. A real wind from our sails moment, could have been 1-1 to being 2-0 down on a real defensively poor goal to concede. Zyro is better than Magennis. At least from what I've seen from them both.

We played some nice football but it was all in the middle, no end product or cutting edge in the final third. A bit strange seeing as before this we'd scored 19 games in a row. So that's a good measure of your organisation and defensive performance in itself.

We missed 2 key players from the spine of our team - our big cb Sonny Bradley has been ill in hospital, and is replaced with number 4 Songo'o, who whilst he has a lot of heart and commitment is a walking clanger. Also Sarcevic our midfield engine. No excuses though, to get to the playoffs you need a strong squad not just strong 11 - perhaps that's where we'll get found out.

We're still enjoying the ride and other results could have been worse! We've got Scunthorpe away coming up on Monday - another team who'll likely bounce from a fresh leadership approach. Typical! Good luck for the remainder everyone and I hope we both make it! Might even see you all at Wembley who knows. No arguments on the day Charlton good value for the 3 points.

It was going in, but for the hand that our 'keeper got on it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's ok, f you had worked for Southeastern then you would be treated as some sort of pariah.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Plymouth are definitely still in the race and it could be a race for two, even three places with Rotherham despite a points gap feeling the pressure. I suppose the most disapointing thing for Plymouth outside of the defeat (everybody is going to lose sometimes) is that beating us would have put them 8 points ahead of us - albeit with us having a game in hand.

With games in hand that would have been a good cushion. Now it really isn't much of a cushion at all. And with the potential confidence the result will have given us. So If I was a Plymouth fan that would probably be my biggest annoyance. What is needed is for a team to go on a run to secure a play off place and that applies to all the teams other than Rotherham, who probably just have to avoid a poor run!
  • Options
    If our performance is not a false dawn then the impetus in the run-in would bode well should we be lucky enough to make the play offs.
  • Options
    60 new posts so I thought 'that'll be worth a re-visit'.

Out of those 60 I think I read 4 that were football related!!

I'm off to the dentist to have my molars pulled whilst watching 'Escape to the country' on a loop!
  • Options
    Series 3, Episode 4 is good.

Focussing on South Devon
  • Options
    @Oggy Red and @Pafc

Could you find me a 4 bed detached house in a desirable location in Devon or Cornwall near a good surfing beach please. Detached garage, decent garden.

budget £800k-£1m

This is a property finder thread isn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018

@Oggy Red and @Pafc

Could you find me a 4 bed detached house in a desirable location in Devon or Cornwall near a good surfing beach please. Detached garage, decent garden.

budget £800k-£1m

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-47798160.html

Just call me Kirsty.
  • Options

@Oggy Red and @Pafc

budget £800k-£1m

Someone's doing alright....
  • Options

60 new posts so I thought 'that'll be worth a re-visit'.

Out of those 60 I think I read 4 that were football related!!

I'm off to the dentist to have my molars pulled whilst watching 'Escape to the country' on a loop!

I know mate posters derailing a thread by talking about football just not on.
  • Options

@Oggy Red and @Pafc

budget £800k-£1m

Got any more stashed away?

We're desperate for a takeover.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

@Oggy Red and @Pafc

budget £800k-£1m

A few 3 beds in redruth for 100k
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

@Oggy Red and @Pafc

budget £800k-£1m

You don't give up mate I'll give you that:)
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

@Oggy Red and @Pafc

budget £800k-£1m

Ask yourself, why is that? :smile:

• Options
    clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

@Oggy Red and @Pafc

budget £800k-£1m

Likely to be on top of old tin and coal mines round there.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

@Oggy Red and @Pafc

budget £800k-£1m

Likely to be on top of old tin and coal mines round there.
    No coal mines, but Redruth (and nearby Camborne) was a heartland of tin and copper mining.
    Lot of subsidence risk, due to hidden mines shafts and tunnels.

Of course, that's all been closed down, as has much of the traditional industry.
    Jobs are difficult to find.

Strong community spirit and lots of self-help organisations.
    Need to speak Cornish :smile:
  • Options

clb74 said:

Oggy Red said:

@Oggy Red and @Pafc

budget £800k-£1m

You don't give up mate I'll give you that:)
    =you're an annoying c***!