Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Plymouth post match views 24/3/18

Comments

• Great game, great commitment, and clarity !!!
    Everyone seemed to suddenly know what's expected of them.
    Simple...
    On to the next one !!!
  • ...adding Mav and DaSilva to that team suddenly looks very exciting as well...
  • Brilliant! Well Bow and Jacko ! 442 that's the Charlton way ,Bowyer kbows it Robinson didnt!
  • Great win with that "feel good" feeling back. What a change in confidence and belief from the confusion under Robinson. Long may it continue. Might even believe we have a chance for the Play-Offs again. If we do, I feel we have a chance of promotion IF we maintain this form. We have the players all we needed was the right direction.
  • 3:17 Charlton go two up

Me verbally: don’t get excited just a one off, new manager boost.
    Me inside my head: wonder where everyone will drink before Wembley.

Facepalm.

Same here..............The Sports bar opposite Maccy D's ;)
  • Initial thoughts before setting off on a three-hour journey home ...

Excellent performance, great result. 2-0 flattered Plymouth.

Everyone played well, special mentions to Zyro and Ajose up front and Dijksteel at the back.

Only one match, one win, but that was a complete transformation from what we've seen in the last few months and bodes well for the next few weeks.

I now declare the 2017-18 season open for business - get the red carpet out, Lord Bowyer could be leading the boys out at Wembley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Testament to the great squad King Robbo built.
  • Brilliant win but shout out to the two centre backs who were absolutely immense. Taylor was a horrible little prick slinging elbows every time he went up .

JFC and aribo ran it with the latter being my MOM. Zyro was brilliant and Ajose worked the hardest I've ever seen . Dijksteel was excellent also

Certainly showed we are a good side when we want to be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Couldn’t follow very closely today, so could someone please bring up to speed on what our shape was, who played where and what the general style was?

Seems we finally got a new manager bounce. Wasn’t convinced we would on Thursday but reading Richard Cawley’s article this morning it’s clear KR had become divisive in the dressing room.

Seeing Crawley’s result today and in the last few weeks do don’t exactly excite about the prospect of Kewell coming in next week.
  • Must be something about ex Charlton players 1st game in charge against Plymouth - Powell’s was a 2-0 win against Plymouth as well.

Nice to see a Charlton team play a decent bit of football and put some commitment in. Bowyer was right, he promised 100% effort from the players, and they delivered his promise.

Reeves looked a different player. The change in formation (the change that everybody else apart from the previous manager knew needed to happen) worked a treat. JFC was back on it again as well, which is key for us.

Ajose put in a real shift, was unlucky with 2 good attempts on goal. He linked up well and put in a real “team” performance.

And what a belter from Page!

No crap post match huddle either.

One swallow.
  • edited March 2018
    wmcf123 said:
    He probably tried but couldn't get a word in edgeways :smirk: .