Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Plymouth post match views 24/3/18

Comments

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    I don't think Robbo would have listened, he thought he knew it all
  • Options

Must be something about ex Charlton players 1st game in charge against Plymouth - Powell’s was a 2-0 win against Plymouth as well.

Nice to see a Charlton team play a decent bit of football and put some commitment in. Bowyer was right, he promised 100% effort from the players, and they delivered his promise.

Reeves looked a different player. The change in formation (the change that everybody else apart from the previous manager knew needed to happen) worked a treat. JFC was back on it again as well, which is key for us.

Ajose put in a real shift, was unlucky with 2 good attempts on goal. He linked up well and put in a real “team” performance.

And what a belter from Page!

No crap post match huddle either.

One swallow.
    Means you’re with the wrong woman.
  • Options
    Great result,I didn’t see that coming earlier this week. At last a football match to savour, May be Plymouth were not expecting our set up but that’s not taking anything away from our team.
    Good to see yesterday’s premiership star and our youth product at The Valley today in charge of our team. Thanks to the current owner predecessors for this. I’d like to see him given a chance to prove himself full time.
  • Options
    What a breath of fresh air that was. JFC was superb defensively Pearce was excellent lets hope this the start of something rather than a strange interlude.
  • Options

Must be something about ex Charlton players 1st game in charge against Plymouth - Powell’s was a 2-0 win against Plymouth as well.

Nice to see a Charlton team play a decent bit of football and put some commitment in. Bowyer was right, he promised 100% effort from the players, and they delivered his promise.

Reeves looked a different player. The change in formation (the change that everybody else apart from the previous manager knew needed to happen) worked a treat. JFC was back on it again as well, which is key for us.

Ajose put in a real shift, was unlucky with 2 good attempts on goal. He linked up well and put in a real “team” performance.

And what a belter from Page!

No crap post match huddle either.

One swallow.
    Is better than none.
  • Options

Couldn’t follow very closely today, so could someone please bring up to speed on what our shape was, who played where and what the general style was?

Seems we finally got a new manager bounce. Wasn’t convinced we would on Thursday but reading Richard Cawley’s article this morning it’s clear KR had become divisive in the dressing room.

Seeing Crawley’s result today and in the last few weeks do don’t exactly excite about the prospect of Kewell coming in next week.

Not new manager bounce imo but a team playing they way they want to. Impressive performance by the whole team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The league 1 table now looks very interesting
    Well done today
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    LoOkOuT said:

As a treat, Bowyer's treated the whole team to some Maccy D's in Woolwich.

Eat in or takeaway? :wink:
  • Options

wmcf123 said:
    I don't think Robbo would have listened, he thought he knew it all
    Agreed; was said with tongue in cheek . Well done Lee and Jacko
  • Options
    Bow yer head in shame, Robinson!!

"If you ever see a post from WRICURKINCAM walk away and pretend you didn't. Only madness lies ahead. " = Henry Irving.
  • Options
    Fooking hell, what a change to see all Charlton in the highlights for a change!!
  • Options
    What a difference a manager makes, so much more pride and passion than the last few months, the Robinson effect being felt by Oxford in the Boat Race - they lost !!
  • Options
    Certainly didn't see that coming! Defence were superb, thought we basically controlled the game and should have scored more - but I'm happy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Laudate Dominum,
    laudate Dominum
    omnes gentes! alleluia!

Et ait.
  • Options
    http://www.skysports.com/football/charlton-vs-plymouth/375629

On the player marks I mentioned the save Amos made at 1-0... Completely forgot that Plymouth's next touch was to kick off again @ 2-0

CRUICAL!!!!!!!!!