Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Plymouth post match views 24/3/18

Comments

• Options
    Having heard what Bowyer said this week, I was reasonably optimistic, which is unusual for me. And even more unusually I wasn't disappointed.
    Get in!
    Most enjoyable game in ages.
  • Options

Must be something about ex Charlton players 1st game in charge against Plymouth - Powell’s was a 2-0 win against Plymouth as well.

Nice to see a Charlton team play a decent bit of football and put some commitment in. Bowyer was right, he promised 100% effort from the players, and they delivered his promise.

Reeves looked a different player. The change in formation (the change that everybody else apart from the previous manager knew needed to happen) worked a treat. JFC was back on it again as well, which is key for us.

Ajose put in a real shift, was unlucky with 2 good attempts on goal. He linked up well and put in a real “team” performance.

And what a belter from Page!

No crap post match huddle either.

One swallow.
    That's what I keep saying to my Mrs!
  • Options

Watched the Sky Sports highlights, we looked unplayable.

That second goal was outstanding football. We appeared to be playing with a swagger and confidence which is rare at this level. Overall, I loved extra second of those highlights. Gutted I missed this match.

Just did the same, looks like another day we could've scored 4 or 5 against the form team in the league. Very nice.
  • Options
    That says it all - one piece of good play from them (and even that has a great save by Amos at the end of it), all the rest is us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What to add to the above? Just that everybody seemed to know what their job was and did it, every minute. Including Naby Sarr when he came on. And so many 50:50s won. Plymouth bullied out of it at times, and that's something I never expected to write this season.

If all the rumours are true the new Aussie owners have a huge call to make, even before they officially take over. Why would you bring in Kewell now, after that?

Because Crawley scored three at home today...............Bowyer out!!!
    Crawley no win in 5. Do we really want Kuell just cos he is an Aussie?

• Options
    Great perfomance all round - Dijksteel , what a star.! along with Bauer , Fosu and everyone else.!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Also want to add special mention to Taylor Maloney, didnt get on the ball in his very brief cameo yet for such a slight build... Blimey was he good challenging in the air

I know one or two others like me who watch the U23's will have loved seeing Taylor make his league debut.
    He certainly looked more comfortable than Lapslie (Unfortunately a wrong intro for him) - Watching them on a regular basis who would you say is ahead in their development?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Everybody played well. A few particulars:

A great save by Amos.

Dijksteel is a bit raw. He got caught out of position a few times (and was woefully unprotected on at least one occasion) but his recovery was very impressive, getting back to tackle someone who's already past you takes some doing.

Żyro is so much more mobile than Mag, better with his feet and at least nearly as good with his head.

Ajose is like the player we thought we were signing.

You could not fault the commitment of any of them.

Fosu can still be very annoying when he doesn't pass to a teammate in a better position and takes a shot were he has hardly any chance to score.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cracking 1st goal.

Loving the pace of play and movement for the 2nd.
  • Options
    All eleven played very well especially Dijksteel who was fo me man of the match. Reeves played very well and had his best game for us which shows he has got something about him after all. Even Ajose had a good game. Pearce showed what a good captain does; shout a lot. Solly may struggle to get back in the side.Page’s goal was outstanding and if he plays like that from now on the dasilva may struggle to replace him. Zyro is much better than Magennis right now and should start regardless. So many good points about Charlton’s game ; speed, momentum, quick balls, deft passing, tackling and winning possesion, hitting the target, calmness and focus. Happy day.
  • Options
    "Season over"
  • Options
    This was the only let down today!
  • Options

seth plum said:

Also want to add special mention to Taylor Maloney, didnt get on the ball in his very brief cameo yet for such a slight build... Blimey was he good challenging in the air

I know one or two others like me who watch the U23's will have loved seeing Taylor make his league debut.
    He certainly looked more comfortable than Lapslie (Unfortunately a wrong intro for him) - Watching them on a regular basis who would you say is ahead in their development?
    Lapslie has shown a consistency of performance over time, Maloney has to get that series of performances in. I like them both.
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm why the Argyle keeper escaped any punishment for what seemed a deliberate handball outside the box? The ref seemed to take an age explaining something the JFC before the resultant free kick.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    addick05 said:

Can anyone confirm why the Argyle keeper escaped any punishment for what seemed a deliberate handball outside the box? The ref seemed to take an age explaining something the JFC before the resultant free kick.

@addick05 this was posted on the match thread;
    ross1
    4:04PM
    Free Kick
    Once the referee decides that the goalie has illegally handled the ball outside the box, the whistle blows and play stops. The referee places the ball at the spot of the infraction. When play resumes, the opposing team receives a direct free kick at the goal.

Discipline
    A goalie who commits a violation outside the box typically will only risk receiving a card or being sent off the pitch if the handling was clearly committed to prevent an impending goal from going into the net.