Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC staff threaten to sue Duchatelet over unpaid bonuses

Comments

• Options
    About to start on talkSPORT..
  • Options
    WSS said:

EFL seeking a meeting with Douche now.

where is that reported?

• Options
    Maybe now is the time to bombard EFL with emails complaining about RD in the hope that they take our grievances seriously and do not just give lip service to the meeting...?
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Maybe now is the time to bombard EFL with emails complaining about RD in the hope that they take our grievances seriously and do not just give lip service to the meeting...?

Or the minutes to the meeting need to be published on the EFL site. It won't stop them outright lying but at least allows us to hold them accountable.
  • Options

Sorry have no faith in the EFL here, they'll call a meeting and be utterly spineless over it

If Charlton fail to put up a director I think that gives the EFL licence to intervene - and I can’t see either director showing up.
    I’m pleased with this. I do believe the EFL have been too slow to act and ultimately I question what they will do, but calling him out is a start.

Presumably RD will ask Murray to do this first, then Leiven Van Truck or whatever his name is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

Sorry have no faith in the EFL here, they'll call a meeting and be utterly spineless over it

If Charlton fail to put up a director I think that gives the EFL licence to intervene - and I can’t see either director showing up.
    I’m pleased with this. I do believe the EFL have been too slow to act and ultimately I question what they will do, but calling him out is a start.

Presumably RD will ask Murray to do this first, then Leiven Van Truck or whatever his name is
    LVT is not a director of the company.
  • Options

cabbles said:

LVT is not a director of the company.
    Exactly. I would imagine Roland will do all he can to palm this off on his representative, but that won’t be enough

Hopefully the tosser is starting to squirm a bit more with the latest round of media coverage
  • Options
    The EFL needs a club code of conduct, with stipulation that serious breaches could lead to the expulsion from the League. The figures paid for football clubs are not realistic based on assets alone, without their shareholding they are worth a lot less.
  • Options
    I can't see Roland meeting the EFL. I'm hoping he'll say 'fuck this for a game of soldiers', lower his price and sell to the Aussies and be shot of us.
  • Options
    Good that it’s finally happening but very disappointed that Daisy escapes all the negative attention :unamused:
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Sorry but I firmly believe that this will come to nothing.

It will merely be a show of interest from the toothless tiger that is the EFL and a complete no show from the Belgian shitbag.

No doubt LVT or RM will be primed and sent forth to spout the usual bullshit thereby giving the EFL the chance to say "well we've done our bit and spoken to them, what they say seems reasonable and our hands are tied because we cannot directly interfere in the way individual clubs are run."

Net result fuck all and RD carries on in his Own Private Idaho.
  • Options
    :heartbreak: River Phoenix
  • Options
    Have the EFL done this with Blackpool and the other clubs?

I hate to stay it but its great they're trying to get Roland to have a meeting with them yet if they havent they need to be doing this with all the clubs that are currently having shocking ownership issues and not just because we've got the media on their backs
  • Options

Have the EFL done this with Blackpool and the other clubs?

I hate to stay it but its great they're trying to get Roland to have a meeting with them yet if they havent they need to be doing this with all the clubs that are currently having shocking ownership issues and not just because we've got the media on their backs

Tbh it is probably so the EFL can say they are doing something, even though it will be to admit running a football club is hard but to beg Roly to do better, even if it is by a tinsy bit.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Good that it’s finally happening but very disappointed that Daisy escapes all the negative attention :unamused:

If cornered, who do you think RD will blame for the shambles? Himself? Ha, ha!
    I expect him to blame the directors who were on the ground in England, RM & KM, for anything he can't lay at the door of the fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All that will happen is Murray will do the meet and it will be bullshit and lies.
  • Options
    The only way the EFL would have teeth is if owners had to sign a binding agreement which caused financial pain if they acted as RD has. If they breach the conditions of a new and relevant "fit and proper" test, they must offer the shares to the market by auction to the highest bidder. Failing which, (to allow for an unintentional breach and a wish to restore good faith), they could remain as legal owner but removed as director (until good faith proven) to ensure they had no control over the board and fined a substantial sum taking account of any funds deemed to have benefitted the owner, which would be paid to the club.

FFP rules fully recognise the undesirable exposure, and conflict of interests, through owners funding operational costs of a club by creating debt as opposed to equity finance. It is but a small step to give EFL power to approve and impose conditions should, an individual like RD choose to finance the costs through supplying a source of credit he controls, rather than through equity finance. Debt of that nature, as distinct from a third party bank loan, should be treated as if it was equity in the event of the club being sold or becoming insolvent, ensuring it is written off.

If this was in place now RD would know that all he is doing by hanging on is to fund operating losses, and would have no incentive to delay a sale. As it is, he is calculating that the operating losses can be held in check by banning staff eating crisps, and he might get something back of his £60k debt by leveraging his conflicted position as a club creditor as well as the owner. The only downside he sees is losing his £60m, reducing the club to rubble is not his concern, and he is not going to get any more than his original purchase price whenever he sells by keeping the club well run, should he get no bidders prepared to pay silly money.

It might restrict the market for potential buyers of clubs, but it would deter speculators who, at present, can make a high risk play and have opportunities to cut and run instead of taking the hit if plans go wrong.
  • Options
    Wondering when this will trickle down to the players not receiving bonuses?
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

Fumbluff said:

If cornered, who do you think RD will blame for the shambles? Himself? Ha, ha!
    I expect him to blame the directors who were on the ground in England, RM & KM, for anything he can't lay at the door of the fans.
    He'll lay the blame at the feet of CARD /ROT etc. If they hadn't called for boycotts thousands more would have attended ensuring no financial crisis.
  • Options
    No chance Roland will do this. If the EFL want Roland they'll probably have to go to Belgium themselves to "try and get a meeting" however it was Robinson worded it when he travelled over.

Murray will make his excuses and they'll probably end up sending De Turk director or not.