Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC staff threaten to sue Duchatelet over unpaid bonuses

Comments

• Options
    Wonder how much Roland is paying Levi Der Turkey to do his non bidding during this forever takeover?

Probably more than a fair few bottles of water.
  • Options

N01R4M said:

Fumbluff said:

Good that it’s finally happening but very disappointed that Daisy escapes all the negative attention :unamused:

If cornered, who do you think RD will blame for the shambles? Himself? Ha, ha!
    I expect him to blame the directors who were on the ground in England, RM & KM, for anything he can't lay at the door of the fans.
    He'll lay the blame at the feet of CARD /ROT etc. If they hadn't called for boycotts thousands more would have attended ensuring no financial crisis.
    I am told he apparently told the staff by email that their negativity led to attendances and thus matchday income dropping through the floor.
    So if he can't hurt the fans he'll hurt anyone else he can blame. Thus stopping the earned bonus.
    I feel for the staff but the boycott obviously had an eventual effect.
  • Options
    iainment said:

N01R4M said:

Fumbluff said:

Good that it’s finally happening but very disappointed that Daisy escapes all the negative attention :unamused:

I expect him to blame the directors who were on the ground in England, RM & KM, for anything he can't lay at the door of the fans.
    He'll lay the blame at the feet of CARD /ROT etc. If they hadn't called for boycotts thousands more would have attended ensuring no financial crisis.
    I am told he apparently told the staff by email that their negativity led to attendances and thus matchday income dropping through the floor.
    So if he can't hurt the fans he'll hurt anyone else he can blame. Thus stopping the earned bonus.
    Wait,
    Hang on.
    Can this be true?
    Staff 'negativity' is his issue?
    He actually said it in an e-mail?
    Would love to see that.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

iainment said:

N01R4M said:

Fumbluff said:

Wait,
    Hang on.
    Can this be true?
    Staff 'negativity' is his issue?
    He actually said it in an e-mail?
    Would love to see that.
    Me too ... that would be dynamite PR for us.
  • Options
    I doubt if De Turck is a Charlton employee. I agree he will be the person sent, probably with Chris Parkes, but the EFL would be entitled to ask for someone with authority.
  • Options

I doubt if De Turck is a Charlton employee. I agree he will be the person sent, probably with Chris Parkes, but the EFL would be entitled to ask for someone with authority.

‘Authority’? Charlton?

:smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • Options

Would that mean Charlton's adherence to the EFL's requirement to hold regular meetings with fans' representatives is in doubt? That is, the meeting took place, but they weren't chaired by a club employee.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Would that mean Charlton's adherence to the EFL's requirement to hold regular meetings with fans' representatives is in doubt? That is, the meeting took place, but they weren't chaired by a club employee.
    Interesting question.
  • Options

Agree the EFL would be entitled to ask for someone with authority to be present and hope they would do so, but will they?
    Their statement smacked of mere tokenism, and their volitional laissez-faire attitude to matters of this nature do not fill one with much optimism.
    I imagine they will feel they have fulfilled their obligation, scuttle off back to HQ and wash their hands of the whole business.
    There is no plumb line that could gauge the depth of my cynicism with regard to this whole sorry mess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redskin said:

Agree the EFL would be entitled to ask for someone with authority to be present and hope they would do so, but will they?
    Their statement smacked of mere tokenism, and their volitional laissez-faire attitude to matters of this nature do not fill one with much optimism.
    I imagine they will feel they have fulfilled their obligation, scuttle off back to HQ and wash their hands of the whole business.
    There is no plumb line that could gauge the depth of my cynicism with regard to this whole sorry mess.
    Jim White thinks the EFL are serious and have a plan. I share the scepticism tbh but we may as well see before condemning them.
    True, we can but hope.
  • Options

N01R4M said:

Fumbluff said:

He'll lay the blame at the feet of CARD /ROT etc. If they hadn't called for boycotts thousands more would have attended ensuring no financial crisps.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    If staff are negative, it is generally the fault of the employer! I'm sure that if you were not paid money you were owed, you might be negative. But 99.99999% of fans would not pick up on this at all. If anything, the staff that have made fans negative and done most damage seem to be the ones that have supported the owner! He has to be mad if he doesn't get this. It isn't too complicated!
  • Options
    Any existing lawsuit would hold up a sale. I suspect RD caves here. And if he does not, then a sale is not close.
  • Options
    Well, according to this newspaper interview with Roland, there are only TWO unpaid bonuses.

See http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3307113/#Comment_3307113

Fib or typo?
  • Options
    My money is on fib
  • Options
    He'll be on the Belgian version of Would I Lie to You? and he'll lose because the answer will always be YES.
  • Options

My money is on fib

The makings of a new programme 'Fib or No Fib'
    If he was on it, they would have to call it fib or fib if they have a trade descriptions act in Belgium!
  • Options
    Small fib or big fib
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe they could call it, Fib you know is a fib, or fib you have convinced yourself isn't. But that title lacks a punch!
  • Options
    This all seems to have gone quiet. Did the club do a quiet deal to calm the waters, or are the staff talking to lawyers about means of redress?
  • Options

This all seems to have gone quiet. Did the club do a quiet deal to calm the waters, or are the staff talking to lawyers about means of redress?

Ongoing.
  • Options
    This article which claims only two staff bonuses were involved was printed in a Belgian paper last week.

I could be charitable, and assume that "two" was a misprint for, perhaps, "twenty-two" which would match Airman's estimate, rather than an outright lie, but there has been no sign of a correction being printed.

And for the record, the leaflet about the bonus issue posted through St Truiden letterboxes did not carry "a graphically edited photo of the Belgian industrialist in which he does seem to be the ugly devil himself", just ROT's badge... Have they perhaps found a picture of "The Effigy"???

De Rijkste Belgen
    https://derijkstebelgen.be/nieuws/boze-charlton-fans-pesten-roland-duchatelet-tot-sint-truiden/
    Translation: https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=https://derijkstebelgen.be/nieuws/boze-charlton-fans-pesten-roland-duchatelet-tot-sint-truiden/&prev=search
    Boze Charlton fans pesten Roland Duchâtelet tot in Sint-Truiden

Angry Charlton fans are bullying Roland Duchâtelet to Sint-Truiden
    The 63-year-old London Charlton fan John Barnes pays 1,200 euros to Truienaars who want to stand on the congregation list of the party ROT. That name stands for "Roland Out Today". Barnes represents a hard core of British football fans who want Roland Duchâtelet to step up as soon as possible as owner of the football team Charlton Athletics . Barnes placed an advertisement in the Het Belang van Limburg newspaper. Proof that those fans know what they are doing. For the 71-year-old Duchâtelet it concerns a small group of unscrupulous procreators.

The only program item of ROT is to annoy Roland Duchâtelet. "Because he ruins our club," Barnes says in the paper. Duchâtelet has long been the target of the angry Charlton fans. The latter find an ally in the British tabloid Daily Mail. He regularly launches smooth articles full of insinuating allegations against Duchâtelet. There was, for example, a recent dispute regarding an unpaid premium to two employees of the club. The supporter's core placed a graphically edited photo of the Belgian industrialist in which he does seem to be the ugly devil himself.
    Barnes not only placed an advertisement, he also busted flyers in the houses of the Truienaars. He touches Duchâtelet in his home base. The billionaire still owns the real estate of the STVV football team in Sint-Truiden. With his party Vivant he also once conquered two seats in the Senate. "Of course I know that Duchâtelet is no longer politically active. But he is an important figure in Sint-Truiden and we want to put pressure on him from all sides and make it as uncomfortable as possible ", says John Barnes, who until 15 September has the time to get candidates on a list that is made by 100 Truienaars. supported.
    "I want to give as little attention as possible to these disowned core supporters of Charlton", responds Roland Duchâtelet in the newspaper. "What is happening now, says a lot about the underhand mentality of this small group and what they are capable of. The problem is that the bad apples infect the loyal following. That they go far to damage me, they now prove again. I completely dissociate myself from these unscrupulous founders. "Duchâtelet is currently negotiating the sale of Charlton Athletics, but these negociations have not yet been completed.
  • Options
    Don't think RD realises that his fib makes him look even more silly, risking a huge PR own goal not to pay one or two small bonuses.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Don't think RD realises that his fib makes him look even more silly, risking a huge PR own goal not to pay one or two small bonuses.

The ball is already nestling in the back of the net
  • Options

Redskin said:

Jim White thinks the EFL are serious and have a plan. I share the scepticism tbh but we may as well see before condemning them.
    Must have missed this, can you point me in the direction where you saw this