Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ohhhhh Jeremy Corrrrrrbyn

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:

But we're not the ones using water cannon, tear gas and batons on our proletariat on the streets of the Capital.

Fair point. It would be harsh on the homeless rough sleepers.
  • Options
    Fuck Corbyn and his zombie followers

• Options
    Addickted said:

But we're not the ones using water cannon, tear gas and batons on our proletariat on the streets of the Capital.

No the centrist populist with right wing policies is.
  • Options

The reason I voted for and support Corbyn’s party is because for the first time, it felt like young people were being listened to.

I have just turned 26. In my parents generation, people at that age started thinking about (if they hadn’t already) buying a house and having a family.

There is no way that could’ve even crossed my mind before 35, if ever, if I was still in the UK. It still hasn’t here in the heart of Trumpland but at least 30 sounds feasible now.

Instead, I and others can’t make plans for our futures. We are in thousands of pounds worth of debt to for-profit education establishments. I don’t want that wiped for myself but I don’t want anyone else to have to go through it because it’s bloody awful.

This point always winds me up, I’m 24, I own my own property and have my own business. I done it all with no hand outs. Just hard work and hard saving. It wasn’t that hard after a while, get yourself a good mortgage broker and you’ll see that you don’t actually need that much money in the grand scheme of things to get on the property ladder. It’s not the governments issue that you and many others chose to riddle yourselves with debt for extra education, why shouldn’t it cost you money?

I voted Tory but until May is gone and they give themselves a good sort out I won’t vote for them again. I however also couldn’t ever vote for Corbyn, but do believe he absolutely walks a general election at this moment in time.
    You voted Tory? Bet the old man loved you for that!

Jokes aside, cracking post.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Our docile population have lost the art of protest. The unions have been diminished in law by right wing powers determined to retain power at all costs.

The French government however are not left wing at the mo
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Only cos the ones Boris bought failed London emission tests!
  • Options
    edited December 2018

The reason I voted for and support Corbyn’s party is because for the first time, it felt like young people were being listened to.

I have just turned 26. In my parents generation, people at that age started thinking about (if they hadn’t already) buying a house and having a family.

There is no way that could’ve even crossed my mind before 35, if ever, if I was still in the UK. It still hasn’t here in the heart of Trumpland but at least 30 sounds feasible now.

Instead, I and others can’t make plans for our futures. We are in thousands of pounds worth of debt to for-profit education establishments. I don’t want that wiped for myself but I don’t want anyone else to have to go through it because it’s bloody awful.

This point always winds me up, I’m 24, I own my own property and have my own business. I done it all with no hand outs. Just hard work and hard saving. It wasn’t that hard after a while, get yourself a good mortgage broker and you’ll see that you don’t actually need that much money in the grand scheme of things to get on the property ladder. It’s not the governments issue that you and many others chose to riddle yourselves with debt for extra education, why shouldn’t it cost you money?

I voted Tory but until May is gone and they give themselves a good sort out I won’t vote for them again. I however also couldn’t ever vote for Corbyn, but do believe he absolutely walks a general election at this moment in time.
    Genuinely pleased for you but your story is now the exception rather than the norm that it was 20-30 years ago. Just because you’ve managed it doesn’t shatter the reality for many many other people our age.

Thanks for the reminder of the ugly Uni debt I have hanging over me that I didn’t even need to get my current job anyway... lol at least it looks nice on my CV and I can say I did it, I suppose.
  • Options

u ok
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Imagine being so bad an opposition that you lose ground on the week the government that has had a leadership confidence vote and has been found in contempt of parliament

May won the confidence vote and thus looks stronger - her ratings therefore improve. Doesn't change the fact that her Withdrawal Agreement is struggling in the polls and will be buried when she finally puts it to Parliament. Labour are for the moment locked into attacking the WA and appearing to back other vague options.

Unless you're suggesting that Labour should abandon their Brexit policy and make some glib populist assertions, what else are they to do whilst May stalls? Through your obsessive posts about Corbyn it actually looks like you want May to win through with her approach to Brexit - is this wrong?
  • Options
    I think that most people see through Corbyn's, and to a lesser extent Labour's shameless attempt to hold a general election at any cost. Although I completely disagree with it, I would understand a second referendum campaign from them, but no, they want a general election and May should "move out the way for someone who can negotiate" which is complete bollocks.

• Options
    edited December 2018

Future Home Secretary...

Or Chancellor of the Exchequer ?
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Shock, horror, opposition wanting an election when government goes into meltdown! If May would get this vote out of the way, we would be on course to the second referendum sooner!
  • Options

Future Home Secretary...

Well in all seriousness she couldn’t possibly do any worse at The Home Office than Theresa May did.

So it's out of the realms of possibility that Diane 'Carol Vorderman' Abbott could do worse than Theresa May?

Who's your dealer?
  • Options

Future Home Secretary...

Well in all seriousness she couldn’t possibly do any worse at The Home Office than Theresa May did.

No, she definitely could. I completely and utterly disagree with so much of what May did in the Home Office, but she... well, she did it somewhat effectively.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Classy stuff from the right!
  • Options

Yay - go the left...

• Options

I agree, what a zionist pig, bet he's funded by soros. #justice4palestine
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Yay - go the left...

If we're using weirdos who attend marches I'll raise you this.

But yeah, fuck people with a different opinion.
  • Options
    So executing Tories is 'a different opinion'.

Right oh.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

So executing Tories is 'a different opinion'.

Right oh.

No, the fuck his followers bit. The key word is fuck.
  • Options
    So quote that post then rather than mine.

Might avoid some confusion.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

So quote that post then rather than mine.

Might avoid some confusion.

To avoid confusion, the picture was for you. :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!