Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ohhhhh Jeremy Corrrrrrbyn

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

Calling somebody stupid is one thing. Does ca!long somebody a stupid woman make you an eternal card carrying misogynist?
    For the absence of doubt he definitely said it.
    Personally I wouldn't have used the word stupid or woman when describing her.
    There are other words.

its misogynistic and very unparliamentary. Both things a senior politician should steer well clear of.
  • Options

Just seen the gutless weasel Corbyn call TM a stupid women
    on politics live. The new gentler, kinder lefts politics.
    Then he sneaked out of the the HOC. What a see you next tuesday!

Yaeh, but do you have any evidence.
    Wheres the evidence he wouldn't have called a man "a stupid woman"?!?!

CHECK MATE TORIES
  • Options

nothing like a bit of misogyny by the leader of the opposition at PMQ's

seth plum said:

Calling somebody stupid is one thing. Does ca!long somebody a stupid woman make you an eternal card carrying misogynist?
    There are other words.

Bloody hell Seth. I wonder what this bloke would have to do to lose your favour.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

seth plum said:

There are other words.

Bloody hell Seth. I wonder what this bloke would have to do to lose your favour.
    Just imagine if Boris had said something similar, this is either of the best windup of all time, or someone's hatred of The Tories has made them lose their marbles.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

There are other words.

Clueless, daft bint?

• Options

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

There are other words.

Just imagine if Boris had said something similar, this is either of the best windup of all time, or someone's hatred of The Tories has made them lose their marbles.
    Agreed.

The Leader of the Opposition referring to the Prime Minister, in Parliament, as a “stupid woman” is a disgrace.
  • Options
    The timeline mentioned here mentions incidents already flagged up and responded to.
    It is an attempt to gather together stuff that has some substance like how the Labour party as an institution ought to be much better on anti semitism, and adds very questionable ballast to give the stance extra gravitas.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

seth plum said:

There are other words.

Where have I said I favour him?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

Why don't we find some things you've said about Diane Abbott
    What about what about what about that what aboutery?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

There are other words.

Your defence of him in the face of mounting evidence against him, including misogynistic comments made by him just moments ago, suggests that you do.

Is calling the Prime Minister of this country a “stupid woman” abhorrent and unfitting of a person who wants to lead the Opposition (and one day the country)?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

seth plum said:

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

There are other words.

Your defence of him in the face of mounting evidence against him, including misogynistic comments made by him just moments ago, suggests that you do.

Is calling the Prime Minister of this country a “stupid woman” abhorrent and unfitting of a person who wants to lead the Opposition (and one day the country)?
    I'm struggling to see how that is functionally misogynistic?
  • Options
    theres me thinking "surely corbyn will come out an apologise immediately and it'll end up just being seen as a storm in a teacup. He can't completely screw up something like this again after the anti semitism scandal"

"oh.. oh my fucking god"
  • Options

Leuth said:

What about what about what about that what aboutery?
    Fallacy fallacy: just because an argument may be fallacious in nature doesn't mean it isn't valid.

It's definitely a valid point in this context.
  • Options
    Dan Hodges! About time that clown showed up here
  • Options
    Leuth said:

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

There are other words.

The use of “woman”, in this context, is clearly derogatory - it would take some pretty heroic mental gymnastics to try and make out that you support equality of the sexes whilst at the same time supporting a man that goes around calling the female PM a “stupid woman” in her place of work.
  • Options
    This is very shit from Corbyn btw and don't think for one moment I have any interest in defending him saying that, accurate though he is about May being both stupid, and a woman.

It's pretty misogynistic because the insult is gendered. I don't think it means JC is a misogynist though
  • Options
    Leuth said:

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

There are other words.

WOW
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

hes not a politician or saying it in parliament - so not really compariable. #

how anyone can even defend that idiot abbot is ridiculous.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Leuth said:

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

There are other words.

The use of “woman”, in this context, is clearly derogatory - it would take some pretty heroic mental gymnastics to try and make out that you support equality of the sexes whilst at the same time supporting a man that goes around calling the female PM a “stupid woman” in her place of work.
    1. We don't actually know he said it
    2. He mumbled it to himself in frustration. It wasn't an attack
    3. What else are you going to call her? Stupid person? Stupid idiot? They have the same force. It's not like he said 'typical woman' or 'bloody women' or something more generic. She is stupid and a woman.
  • Options
    There are times when Mrs AUN really pisses me off and under my breath (I’m not totally stupid to say it out loud) I will call her a ‘silly/dopey/arsey bitch’. Reading the last few posts have me concerned that I’m a raging mysogynist. I’d best take a long, hard look at myself.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

se9addick said:

Leuth said:

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

There are other words.

3. What else are you going to call her? Stupid person? Stupid idiot? They have the same force. It's not like he said 'typical woman' or 'bloody women' or something more generic. She is stupid and a woman.
    Righto - we’ll see if the next time someone uses a reference to a persons gender/race/sexuality as part of an insult you’re so onboard.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Leuth said:

se9addick said:

Leuth said:

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

There are other words.

Righto - we’ll see if the next time someone uses a reference to a persons gender/race/sexuality as part of an insult you’re so onboard.
    There's something called context?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

seth plum said:

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

There are other words.

A serving Prime Minister said 'calm down dear' to a woman not that long ago.
  • Options
    It would not be misogynistic if the phrase "stupid man" was also used in similar circumstances, with equal frequency, and carrying the same weight of opprobrium.

The problem is the long, long history of women being "put in their place" by men.
    A good example of this is the lifetime experience of Dame Jocelyn Bell Burnell, the discoverer of the first pulsar. If you didn't hear it first time round, her interview on "The Life Scientific" is well worth a listen https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b016812j .
  • Options
    se9addick said:

seth plum said:

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

There are other words.

I am not defending him. I am engaging with the evidence presented which I see as a different thing.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!