Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ohhhhh Jeremy Corrrrrrbyn

Comments

• Options

seth plum said:

Nick Griffin

Verified account

@NickGriffinBU
    Follow Follow @NickGriffinBU
    More
    Go Jezza! I wonder how many Labour activists the hysterical #Zionist media campaign against #Corbyn is re-pilling?

Now, I think that what Griffin says is antisemitic but I'm sure @seth plum will ask for some more evidence

Corbyn refers to 'the Zionists who were in the audience'...listen back.
    If that is an example of anti-semitism then I simply disagree.
    10/10 for effort.
    More like an average mark for being accurate.
  • Options
    The Daily Mail is credible sure...
  • Options

seth plum said:

Addickted said:

seth plum said:

I

Addickted said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

se9addick said:

nothing like a bit of misogyny by the leader of the opposition at PMQ's

seth plum said:

Calling somebody stupid is one thing. Does ca!long somebody a stupid woman make you an eternal card carrying misogynist?
    For the absence of doubt he definitely said it.
    Personally I wouldn't have used the word stupid or woman when describing her.
    There are other words.

Bloody hell Seth. I wonder what this bloke would have to do to lose your favour.
    Where have I said I favour him?
    Your defence of him in the face of mounting evidence against him, including misogynistic comments made by him just moments ago, suggests that you do.

Is calling the Prime Minister of this country a “stupid woman” abhorrent and unfitting of a person who wants to lead the Opposition (and one day the country)?
    I am not defending him. I am engaging with the evidence presented which I see as a different thing.
    Seth, that is a CL all time classic.

I'm not defending him I am engaging with the evidence presented which I see as a different thing.

Simply brilliant.
    Fixed that for you.

Sometimes truth does have a simple beauty.
    Yet you choose to ignore it?
    In answer to your question. No, I do not choose to ignore it, however I often choose to seek it.
    You choose to find excuses and not accept it, more like.

"No M'Lud, although he was standing over the body, holding the bloodied knife, I chose to see a different thing".
    You are simply wrong. I have not denied or excused anything, I have looked at the evidence, indeed a week or so ago Henry invited me to look at his 100 pieces of 'evidence' and weigh each of them up.
    (it was in a conversation about the use of the word 'abundance' I believe).
    The key bit that you have written is the word 'accept'.
    Accept it because you say so?
    If you're saying 'accept it because it is true', then forgive me if I choose to examine things to decide for myself if it is true rather than simply 'accepting it' because others say so.

No, the key word is 'excuses'.

One you continue to make as you don't like, or agree with, the facts.

You are simply wrong.
    You may define facts to suit yourself, I am prepared to examine what is purported to be a 'fact'.
    "alternative facts".

Straight out the bannon playbook once again
    You are becoming a bit desperate don't you think?
    Your modus operandi seems to be to say:
    "I believe these are facts, and because I believe it nobody can question them'.
    Each time something has been brought to the table I have responded have I not?
    You wish to criticise me for responding at all, not for what is contained in my responses.
    You previously declared that I 'excuse anti-semitism'. If you think that is a 'fact' (because you jolly well say so), I will present to you an alternative fact, I do not excuse anti-semitism.
    Perhaps if we were to play the ball not the man as @seriously_red would say, we might get along better.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Addickted said:

seth plum said:

I

Addickted said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

Calling somebody stupid is one thing. Does ca!long somebody a stupid woman make you an eternal card carrying misogynist?
    There are other words.

Bloody hell Seth. I wonder what this bloke would have to do to lose your favour.
    Your defence of him in the face of mounting evidence against him, including misogynistic comments made by him just moments ago, suggests that you do.

Is calling the Prime Minister of this country a “stupid woman” abhorrent and unfitting of a person who wants to lead the Opposition (and one day the country)?
    I am not defending him. I am engaging with the evidence presented which I see as a different thing.

I'm not defending him I am engaging with the evidence presented which I see as a different thing.

Simply brilliant.
    Fixed that for you.

In answer to your question. No, I do not choose to ignore it, however I often choose to seek it.

"No M'Lud, although he was standing over the body, holding the bloodied knife, I chose to see a different thing".
    You are simply wrong. I have not denied or excused anything, I have looked at the evidence, indeed a week or so ago Henry invited me to look at his 100 pieces of 'evidence' and weigh each of them up.
    If you're saying 'accept it because it is true', then forgive me if I choose to examine things to decide for myself if it is true rather than simply 'accepting it' because others say so.

You are simply wrong.
    You may define facts to suit yourself, I am prepared to examine what is purported to be a 'fact'.
    "alternative facts".

You wish to criticise me for responding at all, not for what is contained in my responses.
    You previously declared that I 'excuse anti-semitism'. If you think that is a 'fact' (because you jolly well say so), I will present to you an alternative fact, I do not excuse anti-semitism.
    Perhaps if we were to play the ball not the man as @seriously_red would say, we might get along better.
    Facts are facts. Whether either of us like them or not. To say otherwise is indeed some kind of trumpian doublespeak.

I wonder how low the bar has to be for you to say something is anti semitic.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Leuth said:

Just seen the gutless weasel Corbyn call TM a stupid women
    on politics live. The new gentler, kinder lefts politics.
    Then he sneaked out of the the HOC. What a see you next tuesday!

Why don't we find some things you've said about Diane Abbott
    hes not a politician or saying it in parliament - so not really compariable. #

how anyone can even defend that idiot abbot is ridiculous.
    I don't defend Abbot at all.

But i don't defend the often racist and sexist abuse she receives which is nothing to do with how bad she is at her job either.
    firstly i didn't mention you in a comment and secondly i do not think i have ever seen any racist abuse on this board, if i am wrong please do show me it.

i find abbot herself quite racist, and this theory has been proven a few times also if you are going to beat the drum of something on your agenda - you need to be able to do the simple maths to cover it, everything must be costed for.

anyone getting back on subject what someone writes on a public forum compared to what someone says in the house of commons are 2 very different things.

whether he said stupid woman or stupid person there are a lot of things to criticise him on this isnt really one of them
  • Options

Nick Griffin

Verified account

@NickGriffinBU
    More
    Go Jezza! I wonder how many Labour activists the hysterical #Zionist media campaign against #Corbyn is re-pilling?

Now, I think that what Griffin says is antisemitic but I'm sure @seth plum will ask for some more evidence

The Labour leader said: '[British Zionists] clearly have two problems. One is they don't want to study history, and secondly, having lived in this country for a very long time, probably all their lives, they don't understand English irony either.'

So the words "British Zionists" are edited in to the quote. Fucking hell. This is properly disingenuous.

I think Nick Griffin is a scumbag racist, obviously, for the record.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yaeh, but do you have any evidence

BBC 2 11.15 until 1.00. If you have Catch up or iplayer,
    just watch the last 10-15 minutes, where Andrew Neil
    completely destroys Barry Gardiner!
  • Options
    I'm not sure what you're trying to get here.. are you arguing "stupid woman" is acceptable parliamentary language and not sexist?
  • Options
    Hurrah!

Our first Momentum tweet.
  • Options
    Programme ''Politics Live''
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Nick Griffin

Verified account

@NickGriffinBU
    More

You have outdone yourself @seth plum you really have.

Read it again

seth plum said:

Nick Griffin

Verified account

@NickGriffinBU
    More

Read it again

seth plum said:

Nick Griffin

Verified account

@NickGriffinBU
    More

Read it again

I have listened to it.
    Do I also need to read the Daily Mail's unbiased commentary on it as well?
    Does Corbyn say 'the Zionists who were in the audience'?
    I think if you listen you will hear him say that.
    @seth plum you still haven't read it so I'll spell it out for you.

The tweet was from someone called Nick Griffen. He's not a labour party member. This is what Griffin said

@NickGriffinBU
    More

That you haven't grasped this is amazing but, regardless, do you think that what Griffen said is antisemitic?
  • Options

The Daily Mail is credible sure...

Another one who is missing the point. The tweet was from someone called Nick Griffen. Do you think what GRIFFEN said was antisemitic?
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Nick Griffin

Verified account

@NickGriffinBU
    More

The Labour leader said: '[British Zionists] clearly have two problems. One is they don't want to study history, and secondly, having lived in this country for a very long time, probably all their lives, they don't understand English irony either.'

So the words "British Zionists" are edited in to the quote. Fucking hell. This is properly disingenuous.

Why?
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Addickted said:

seth plum said:

I

Addickted said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

There are other words.

Simply brilliant.
    Fixed that for you.

You are simply wrong.
    "alternative facts".

Facts are facts. Whether either of us like them or not. To say otherwise is indeed some kind of trumpian doublespeak.

I wonder how low the bar has to be for you to say something is anti semitic.
    Facts are indeed facts I agree with you on that. I do not say otherwise.

There are a lot of things that are anti-semitic, some of the material referenced above posted to Jewish Labour MP's are absolutely anti-semitic.
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Nick Griffin

Verified account

@NickGriffinBU
    More

Read it again

seth plum said:

Nick Griffin

Verified account

@NickGriffinBU
    More

Read it again

seth plum said:

Nick Griffin

Verified account

@NickGriffinBU
    More

Read it again

I have listened to it.

The tweet was from someone called Nick Griffen. He's not a labour party member. This is what Griffin said

@NickGriffinBU
    More

That you haven't grasped this is amazing but, regardless, do you think that what Griffen said is antisemitic?
    Yes what I can understand of what Griffin said (re-pilling is a term I have never heard or read before) was anti-semetic.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Nick Griffin

Verified account

@NickGriffinBU
    More

Read it again

seth plum said:

Nick Griffin

Verified account

@NickGriffinBU
    More

Read it again

seth plum said:

Nick Griffin

Verified account

@NickGriffinBU
    More

Read it again

I have listened to it.

@NickGriffinBU
    More

Yes what I can understand of what Griffin said (re-pilling is a term I have never heard or read before) was anti-semetic.
    Funny that you don't need multiple examples or other "facts" to find what Griffin said antisemitic and just accept it (when you finally read it) without any fuss but when it's Corbyn you turn the most extraordinary somersaults to make excuses for Jeremy.

Almost as if there were a double standard at work here and some "inherent bias" on your part.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Leuth said:

Why don't we find some things you've said about Diane Abbott
    hes not a politician or saying it in parliament - so not really compariable. #

how anyone can even defend that idiot abbot is ridiculous.
    I don't defend Abbot at all.

But i don't defend the often racist and sexist abuse she receives which is nothing to do with how bad she is at her job either.
    firstly i didn't mention you in a comment and secondly i do not think i have ever seen any racist abuse on this board, if i am wrong please do show me it.

i find abbot herself quite racist, and this theory has been proven a few times also if you are going to beat the drum of something on your agenda - you need to be able to do the simple maths to cover it, everything must be costed for.

anyone getting back on subject what someone writes on a public forum compared to what someone says in the house of commons are 2 very different things.

whether he said stupid woman or stupid person there are a lot of things to criticise him on this isnt really one of them
    You're kidding, right? Someone called the Chinese "a truly insensitive race of people", that's pretty abusive (Yulin dog meat festival thread).

There's a lot more that I've picked up on, too, generally at the expense of Far East Asians, but I have very little desire to actively look for examples of abuse against people like me.
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

Nick Griffin

Verified account

@NickGriffinBU
    More

Why?
    He's a white supremacist for one. He led the BNP; he called miscegenation "unnatural"; and for a long while wanted to ensure the BNP were whites-only.

Why are you asking why I think a racist is racist? Also -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Griffin#Fourteen_Words
  • Options
    edited December 2018

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Nick Griffin

Verified account

@NickGriffinBU
    More

Read it again

seth plum said:

Nick Griffin

Verified account

@NickGriffinBU
    More

Read it again

seth plum said:

Nick Griffin

Verified account

@NickGriffinBU
    More

Read it again

I have listened to it.

Read it again

seth plum said:

Nick Griffin

Verified account

@NickGriffinBU
    More

Read it again

seth plum said:

Nick Griffin

Verified account

@NickGriffinBU
    More

Read it again

I have listened to it.

@NickGriffinBU
    More

Funny that you don't need multiple examples or other "facts" to find what Griffin said antisemitic and just accept it (when you finally read it) without any fuss but when it's Corbyn you turn the most extraordinary somersaults to make excuses for Jeremy.

Almost as if there were a double standard at work here and some "inherent bias" on your part.

QUOTING DIDN'T WORK THIS IS MY BIT.

I am assuming the Nick Griffin is the erstwhile leader of the BNP, so in terms of considering his body of work as supporting evidence, I concluded that what he said was anti-semitic on that basis.

Once again you think I am making excuses when responding to material put on this thread.

You might remember that this conversation partly arose when I mentioned the emotive nature of words like 'abundant' and 'rife' to make things more opaque. Indeed terms like people following a 'cult' of Corbyn, or following the 'dear leader' are similarly colourful and emotive.

So I have decided to try to look at material presented without 'dear leader', 'cult', 'abundant' and 'rife' whirling around in my thoughts, but tried to look at the material at face value for what it is. To also try to distance the colourful and emotive from the evidence and also discern untruths.

My method may look like extraordinary somersaults to you, but as you are keen to honour facts, I am sure you would welcome an examination of those facts, which I repeat is what I am doing.

Not to try to make excuses for Corbyn.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Nick Griffin

Verified account

@NickGriffinBU
    More

Why?
    He's a white supremacist for one. He led the BNP; he called miscegenation "unnatural"; and for a long while wanted to ensure the BNP were whites-only.

Why are you asking why I think a racist is racist? Also -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Griffin#Fourteen_Words
    Can you give me some more evidence? I don't thibk I can just accept one piece of evidence, 100 might be enough.

For the record @PaddyP17 I'm being sarcastic and pointing out how ridiculous the stance taken by another poster is why racist statements are excused because of who the person saying them is. Griffin is vile racist, fascist scum

• Options
    This is strong evidence that Nick Griffin is racist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmaQEJs7U8A
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Some criticisms of Our Dear Leader that we should perhaps discuss:

- Brexit policy
    - Weak shadow cabinet
    - Meek public persona
    - Is he really a Trot???
    - What's the endgame?
    - Magic money tree!!1
    - Nobody's calling him The Absolute Boy any more

Can we get to this now? The sideshow is boring me
  • Options
    seth plum said:

This is strong evidence that Nick Griffin is racist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmaQEJs7U8A

need more evidence and more evidence.

Someone saying something racist isn't enough, or at least that's what you say @seth plum
  • Options
    There are a lot of people on this thread who really need to get a fucking grip. Repeating the same shit over and over expecting a different result, all the while no one has changed their mind either way.
    It started out funny, now its kind of pathetic.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Some criticisms of Our Dear Leader that we should perhaps discuss:

- Brexit policy
    - Weak shadow cabinet
    - Meek public persona
    - Is he really a Trot???
    - What's the endgame?
    - Magic money tree!!1
    - Nobody's calling him The Absolute Boy any more

Can we get to this now? The sideshow is boring me

I think even his most ardent supporters must question his electability, I know I do. I never voted for him for that really, as stupid as it sounds. I voted for him to give the Labour party back soul and on many fronts I think he has done that.

There are genuine criticisms of his leadership. Many of them were pointed out before his elevation and they have borne out. It is hard to distinguish from the sheer volume of mud that is slung in his direction. He is a soft target and ineffectual leader. The question remains who is there to replace him?

Behind the scenes he has given the party back to the members and given them something to believe in. As to the end game, he may have ensured the direction of the party for the next generation. Look at the state of the two main parties, as it stands one looks very healthy and the Tories will have to take responsibility for Brexit at some point.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!