Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ohhhhh Jeremy Corrrrrrbyn

Comments

• Options
    Even if it was woman...

...he is only muttering what most of the country think anyway.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-46623188/corbyn-denies-calling-may-stupid-woman-at-pmqs

Corbyn says 'stupid people' at Conservatives trying to turn the debate on Brexit national crisis into a pantomime.

If you listen to the ridiculous noise the Tories were making at the time, you can see he says stupid people and why.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-46619703/three-second-pmqs-clip-what-does-corbyn-say-to-may

Agreed it is a ridiculous distraction. Working out what to do next and suspending Article 50 to allow for that time, rather than a no deal Brexit threat to try and force the terrible May deal through.
  • Options

‘Stupid woman’ or ‘stupid people’ who really gives a shit. Someone finally with a bit of truthful reaction. The guys a bell but what a palava.

I take it you skipped to the end of the thread?
    Course I did. 3 pages of Henry v Seth ffs.....
    If you need a run down on where everyone stands just imagine any other discussion on Labour/Corbyn.
  • Options
    When I first saw it I thought it was 'stupid woman', but on looking again it seems to me there is a 'plosive' lip movement at the start of the second syllable of what could be 'people'.
    It seems unclear what was actually said.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

se9addick said:

I don't think it is - but you have to sit down with them and shake their hands and understand them. Those that are always outraged never provide the solutions - just perpetuate the problems. IMO of course, not yours.

Fair enough, Hezbollah or the IRA are not my “friends”, not are people who allow anti-semitism to perpetuate for that matter.
    Cobyn is against terrorism and the evidence is from his own words. But sometimes you have to look at things from the other side of the wall. As has been said, one person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter. An example of that is that one poster on here on the EU thread was not aware there were loyalist terrorists. This ignorance never gets problems solved.

Indeed, Nelson Mandela was a great man and was considered a terrorist by the establishment, including this country for a considerable time.
    Because he was a terrorist, he ordered people to be murdered.

What are your thoughts on trump entertaining kim jong un? @MuttleyCAFC ?
    Underdevoloped countries do not have the infrastructure to declare war on a colonialist invader. They do the best with the scant resources they have. Who is the terrorist? Bush, Blair, Thatcher, Hitler,Truman, LBJ, how many innocents did they murder? Or Mandela, Collins, aborigines, Palestinians, Ortega, Castro, native Americans. (you may have noticed a heavy influence of the US in that list) FFS the Chagoans can"t even rustle up a bow and arrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Looked like stupid people to me. Non issue either way. More white noise from the pro Tory pro brexit wing of the media to distract from the absolute cluster fuck these stupid people have turned the country into.

Well said

And @seth plum - you said yourself there is quite clearly a plosive lip movement at the start of the second word. It IS clear, even if the press can pull up a lip reader to argue its inconclusive, no doubt.

I was shocked by the Newsnight hatchet job on Corbyn over this.
  • Options

People are worrying about someone muttering 'stupid woman'? This country has lost its mind.

Be interesting to see the posts on here following the calm down dear remark.
    Or picanninies from our then foreign secretary in a serving government.
  • Options

Nick Griffin

Verified account

@NickGriffinBU
    Follow Follow @NickGriffinBU
    More
    Go Jezza! I wonder how many Labour activists the hysterical #Zionist media campaign against #Corbyn is re-pilling?

Now, I think that what Griffin says is antisemitic but I'm sure @seth plum will ask for some more evidence

Henry, would it be anti-semetic of me to point out that the Jews were persecuted in the war, murdered, had their property stolen and generally treated as 2nd class citizens during the holocast. It might be considered ironic that Israel is stealing Palestinian land under protection of tanks, murdering protesters on spurious grounds and legislating that they have less rights than Israelis. Scale not comparable but ironic? Yes.
  • Options
    Can I also say that despite lip-reading controversy, Theresa May is a stupid Prime Minister, was an inept and stupid Home Secretary and yes a stupid woman. Boris Johnson, JRM er Al and most male Brexiteers are stupid politicians and stupid men.
  • Options

‘Stupid woman’ or ‘stupid people’ who really gives a shit. Someone finally with a bit of truthful reaction. The guys a bell but what a palava.

I take it you skipped to the end of the thread?
    Course I did. 3 pages of Henry v Seth ffs.....
    If you need a run down on where everyone stands just imagine any other discussion on Labour/Corbyn.
    I’d rather watch The Greatest highlights of Miguel Lira DVD
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    What a stupid (excuse the pun) argument. Lip readers can't agree FFS! If you dislike him you will said he said one thing, if you like him you will say he said another. I think it is all a bit pathetic seeing as he has denied saying it.

If you ask somebody if he is saying stupid people, they would say he is, if you asked somebody if he was saying stupid woman, they would say he is.

I know I used to work with disabled people and we had a lip reader at a meeting that I got talking to as I thought it was an amazing skill. She told me it isn't 100% accurate in terms of every word, but you can get the meaning from the whole sentence. So these lip readers who are saying he definitely said it, can only say he probably said it IMO. Which is completely different. I suppose it depends what paper pays them to give their opinion.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    BTW Andrea Leadson is a stupid woman. Not sure why any woman should get offended by me saying that that, I am referring to her not them and generally from my experience, women are far more intelligent than men.
  • Options

What a stupid (excuse the pun) argument. Lip readers can't agree FFS! If you dislike him you will said he said one thing, if you like him you will say he said another. I think it is all a bit pathetic seeing as he has denied saying it.

If you ask somebody if he is saying stupid people, they would say he is, if you asked somebody if he was saying stupid woman, they would say he is.

I know I used to work with disabled people and we had a lip reader at a meeting that I got talking to as I thought it was an amazing skill. She told me it isn't 100% accurate in terms of every word, but you can get the meaning from the whole sentence. So these lip readers who are saying he definitely said it, can only say he probably said it IMO. Which is completely different. I suppose it depends what paper pays them to give their opinion.

I just don’t give a monkeys. Its a diversion from those on the right generally. You just cannot take people seriously who are crying foul on this and yet will not condemn the returning of the whip to the two Conservatives suspended for behaviour far far worse than saying “ stupid women”

As for this site ; there are some who don’t want anyone to focus on the policy proposals under JC leadership for at least two reasons

1) when exposed to the public just as policy proposals the public really like them

2) this in and of itself exposes those who support policies that perpetuate advantage and disadvantage those with less

I support the higher taxes on the rich and re Nationalising industries which make huge profits for shareholders whilst increasing prices for the public

Just two to get us going
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

BTW Andrea Leadson is a stupid woman. Not sure why any woman should get offended by me saying that that, I am referring to her not them and generally from my experience, women are far more intelligent than men.

She’s probably smart enough to spell her own name right!

I agree that she is, but why don’t you just say “Andrea Leasdom is stupid” and leave her gender out of it?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2018
    holyjo said:

I just don’t give a monkeys. Its a diversion from those on the right generally. You just cannot take people seriously who are crying foul on this and yet will not condemn the returning of the whip to the two Conservatives suspended for behaviour far far worse than saying “ stupid women”

As for this site ; there are some who don’t want anyone to focus on the policy proposals under JC leadership for at least two reasons

1) when exposed to the public just as policy proposals the public really like them

2) this in and of itself exposes those who support policies that perpetuate advantage and disadvantage those with less

I support the higher taxes on the rich and re Nationalising industries which make huge profits for shareholders whilst increasing prices for the public

Just two to get us going
    The policies are not the problem. It's the lack of clarity on how they will be delivered, how they will be paid for and how it will impact the wider economy.

They're soundbites.

"Tax the rich more" and "make companies pay more tax and wages" are not strategies to deliver on these policies.
  • Options

Much more shaggable too from my experience.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Leuth said:

Just seen the gutless weasel Corbyn call TM a stupid women
    on politics live. The new gentler, kinder lefts politics.
    Then he sneaked out of the the HOC. What a see you next tuesday!

Why don't we find some things you've said about Diane Abbott
    hes not a politician or saying it in parliament - so not really compariable. #

how anyone can even defend that idiot abbot is ridiculous.
    I don't defend Abbot at all.

But i don't defend the often racist and sexist abuse she receives which is nothing to do with how bad she is at her job either.
    firstly i didn't mention you in a comment and secondly i do not think i have ever seen any racist abuse on this board, if i am wrong please do show me it.

i find abbot herself quite racist, and this theory has been proven a few times also if you are going to beat the drum of something on your agenda - you need to be able to do the simple maths to cover it, everything must be costed for.

anyone getting back on subject what someone writes on a public forum compared to what someone says in the house of commons are 2 very different things.

whether he said stupid woman or stupid person there are a lot of things to criticise him on this isnt really one of them
    You're kidding, right? Someone called the Chinese "a truly insensitive race of people", that's pretty abusive (Yulin dog meat festival thread).

There's a lot more that I've picked up on, too, generally at the expense of Far East Asians, but I have very little desire to actively look for examples of abuse against people like me.
    we are talking about the racist abuse of Dianne abbot on this forum - to which i cannot see any, correct me if i am wrong.
  • Options
    WSS said:

holyjo said:

Just two to get us going
    The policies are not the problem. It's the lack of clarity on how they will be delivered, how they will be paid for and how it will impact the wider economy.

They're soundbites.

"Tax the rich more" and "make companies pay more tax and wages" are not strategies to deliver on these policies.
    and then the rich go abroad and corporates also move out of uk - there goes the funding, this is my issue the man bangs on and on about things he cannot deliver and people believe it.

i agree the nhs should have better funding - completely behind him, the free education i do not agree with.
  • Options
    WSS said:

holyjo said:

Just two to get us going

They're soundbites.

That’s where I was, just don’t believe the policies are anymore than popular sound bites and a large part weren’t going to work and probably have a negative effect. But they were certainly popular, why wouldn’t they be?
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    WSS said:

holyjo said:

Just two to get us going

They're soundbites.

"Tax the rich more" and "make companies pay more tax and wages" are not strategies to deliver on these policies
    There were three strands to the financial tactics two of which you have alluded to

• corporation tax to increase
    • higher rate tax to increase
    • borrow to fund infrastructure projects

As you say these are not strategy. The strategy is to reverse austerity by a huge investment in infrastructure projects thus kick starting economic growth. The tax increases are tactics to meet the strategic aim

By growing the State new jobs would be created in the public sector, notably health which would keep the fly wheel turning increasing real employment.

The tax changes are tactics to meet the strategic aims. You may be sceptical about the veracity of the claims but as a strategic plan it has historical legitimacy and economic precedent

If nothing else it offers clear blue water between austerity strategy by the right and labour strategy

It was tricky to compare the manifesto commitments as the Conservatives could not be arsed to produce one. The height of arrogance perhaps
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!