Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ohhhhh Jeremy Corrrrrrbyn

Comments

• Options

seth plum said:

This is strong evidence that Nick Griffin is racist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmaQEJs7U8A

need more evidence and more evidence.

Someone saying something racist isn't enough, or at least that's what you say @seth plum
    Except that isn't what I say is it?

In terms of evidence it was actually yourself that said you have, and had already posted elsewhere (I believe on the brexit thread), 100 pieces of evidence.

Why did you say that originally?

This is not about me needing more evidence but you offering it of your own free will, indeed I believe you started off by numbering your material as you posted it, this is your first post on this thread, it is the twelfth post on the first page:

Evidence 1. Corbyn hosts terrorist in the house of commons and is rebuked by his own party for doing so.

"Donald Dewar, the Labour Chief Whip, read the riot act individually to three Labour MPs - Ken Livingstone, Jeremy Corbyn, and Alan Simpson - in his room off the members' lobby.

The Chief Whip said it was a matter of some sensitivity. It had been drawn to his attention the MPs had put the House at some considerable and unacceptable risk.

A Labour source said: "He had been informed by the security services that people with Mitchell McLaughlin were directly involved with the IRA or connected with the IRA. He said this House had been the target in the past and could well be in the present and the future."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/how-sinn-fein-strolled-through-westminster-1353534.html

It was your good self who decided to call it 'Evidence 1', followed by subsequent numbers.
    Now I ask you, what is wrong with a sequence that goes like:

a) You offer material to support a point you want to make
    b) That material is respected and looked at

?

If you are expecting:

c) I agree with your point.

Then that would follow if we interpret the material in the same way.

I am sure you are robust enough to accept challenge without personalising it as I have tried to myself. It is with regret that I received a flag at 4.16 today, but it wasn't from you.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Someone saying something racist isn't enough, or at least that's what you say @seth plum

In terms of evidence it was actually yourself that said you have, and had already posted elsewhere (I believe on the brexit thread), 100 pieces of evidence.

This is not about me needing more evidence but you offering it of your own free will, indeed I believe you started off by numbering your material as you posted it, this is your first post on this thread, it is the twelfth post on the first page:

Evidence 1. Corbyn hosts terrorist in the house of commons and is rebuked by his own party for doing so.

"Donald Dewar, the Labour Chief Whip, read the riot act individually to three Labour MPs - Ken Livingstone, Jeremy Corbyn, and Alan Simpson - in his room off the members' lobby.

The Chief Whip said it was a matter of some sensitivity. It had been drawn to his attention the MPs had put the House at some considerable and unacceptable risk.

A Labour source said: "He had been informed by the security services that people with Mitchell McLaughlin were directly involved with the IRA or connected with the IRA. He said this House had been the target in the past and could well be in the present and the future."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/how-sinn-fein-strolled-through-westminster-1353534.html

It was your good self who decided to call it 'Evidence 1', followed by subsequent numbers.

?

If you are expecting:

I am sure you are robust enough to accept challenge without personalising it as I have tried to myself. It is with regret that I received a flag at 4.16 today, but it wasn't from you.
    Double standards @seth plum
  • Options
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm going straight to the grave if this thread is what I've got to look forward to in retirement.
  • Options
    An interesting thread which goes some way to confirm my thoughts on Corbyn.

You either hate him or love him, very few seem to be on the fence.

If you hate him, you think anyone who doesn't is blinded by him and the cult of corbyn, if you love him you cannot understand why on earth other people don't.

Keeping to him in his role as an MP and leader of the opposition, to me he's simply just not good enough, he's against probably the worst or most ineffectual government in my near 30 years of voting amidst one of the biggest political issues of my lifetime (brexit) and against a arty in turmoil, this government who've been in now for 8 years which is normally when people start to get fed up with them. He should be 20 points ahead by now.

Yet he's not even ahead in the polls, if you can't be ahead right now then you have to go down as one of the worst oppositions in a lifetime.

It doesn't help when he surrounds himself with in the main equally poor front benchers.

I just dread the next general election, if he's still in and he faces a Boris or a Rees Mog, how can you vote for either!
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

?

If you are expecting:

Double standards @seth plum
    Errr....no.
  • Options
    Superb....
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Rob7Lee said:

If you hate him, you think anyone who doesn't is blinded by him and the cult of corbyn, if you love him you cannot understand why on earth other people don't.

Keeping to him in his role as an MP and leader of the opposition, to me he's simply just not good enough, he's against probably the worst or most ineffectual government in my near 30 years of voting amidst one of the biggest political issues of my lifetime (brexit) and against a arty in turmoil, this government who've been in now for 8 years which is normally when people start to get fed up with them. He should be 20 points ahead by now.

Yet he's not even ahead in the polls, if you can't be ahead right now then you have to go down as one of the worst oppositions in a lifetime.

It doesn't help when he surrounds himself with in the main equally poor front benchers.

I just dread the next general election, if he's still in and he faces a Boris or a Rees Mog, how can you vote for either!

I don’t hate him, I just want to see a Labour government replace this horrendous Tory era and that won’t happen whilst he’s the Leader of the Opposotion.
    Wouldn't that depend on who's in charge of Labour and what they have to say/the party policies are?
  • Options
    Some beautiful whataboutery on show today. All hail the leader.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Rob7Lee said:

se9addick said:

Rob7Lee said:

I don’t hate him, I just want to see a Labour government replace this horrendous Tory era and that won’t happen whilst he’s the Leader of the Opposotion.
    Wouldn't that depend on who's in charge of Labour and what they have to say/the party policies are?
    If anything his policies have got him to where he is despite who he is. Most of his policies are popularist and poll even better when you remove his name. If anything the last election showed a manifesto can inspire and the next leader of the party is going to have to appeal to the left due to how the party has changed.
  • Options
    Is racism and sexism held to different regard by some on here, genuine question. Because I see people defending putting “stupid” and “woman” together. But on another certain thread demonstrably outraged by putting “cunt” and “black” together.

• Options

'

thenewbie said:

You want my honest assessment of Corbyn and Labour right now?

1. I like him, I don’t think he has a bad bone in his body. I think he makes a lot of innocent mistakes and on days like today, the reality that someone who makes so many consistent mistakes will never be trusted by enough of the electorate hits me hard.

2. The reason I defend him and have voted with him three times: I love his policies and the most recent manifesto. It’s more than a breath of fresh air.

3. I’m scared that once Corbyn is ousted, the policies won’t be seen again from a mainstream party for at least a generation. I see him as our chance for a genuine shift back towards the left after many successive governments have dragged political debate to the right.

If JC goes in the next couple of years and some centrist with Tory-lite policies is installed, my membership of the Labour Party will be short lived indeed.

If Corbyn goes (more likely when) it won't be to do with his policies or even his personal beliefs, but due to his utter inability to manage any sort of crisis effectively. Throw the man a hot potato and he'll stuff it with ghost chillies, set it alight then try and swallow it.

The politics aside, hes just not leadership material at all as the fact that Labour are somehow contriving to lose ground proves.
    The reality is that chilli stuffed potato would probably poll better than Corbyn.
    you joke but "Don't know" polls significantly better than either may or corbyn in "who would make a better PM" polls.
    The fact that those two clowns are the best our two main parties can currently offer up shows what a shocking state British politics is in.

I find it hard to imagine a time when I'd want to move back home and that makes me really sad.
    Yes I can understand your reticence. It must be hard to consider a move back home when you live in a country that so champions democracy and human rights. I have a strong inkling that Muslims in East Turkinstan are agog at the ludicrous state of democracy here and of course the unforgivable breach of protocol and misogyny fron the leader of the opposition.Assuming they are able to think at all given the abuse and oppression they receive from the elite.

We clearly have a lot to learn from our friends in the far East.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Leuth said:

Is racism and sexism held to different regard by some on here, genuine question. Because I see people defending putting “stupid” and “woman” together. But on another certain thread demonstrably outraged by putting “cunt” and “black” together.

If you think 'stupid woman' and 'black c**t' are remotely comparable then you're at least two of those things
    Black woman ?

This thread is compulsive. How to make yourself look a complete bell (not you Leuth).
  • Options
    Leuth said:

If you think 'stupid woman' and 'black c**t' are remotely comparable then you're at least two of those things
    I think you’ve proved yourself over the years to be both but seen as you couldn’t answer the question and had another tantrum I’ll take a stab at your answer.

If said by someone I like it’s no big deal.

Everyone else, you’re (**insert**)ist.
  • Options
    Perhaps it best to ignore those who are determined to not allow a debate on the policies and leadership of JC. Perhaps that might work

I was broadly very supportive of the manifesto put forward by the Labour Party including the tax reforms

I am mildly sceptical of his leadership skills and the depth of the front bench. However when the whole institutional bias is weighted against you for generations its tricky to prepare for high office and government.

I work it he fields of young people , housing , sport and fitness, wellness and youth work. This government has been a disaster , not only in terms of policy decisions but their ability to deliver their own policy effectively or indeed to know and understand what their own policy is .

There is not a political party in Europe so committed to membership led policy. This has not been so in the UK for 40 years plus. It will take time to develop and mature particularly in a context where the institutions wish , indeed yearn for them to fail.
  • Options
    Eh?

This has all got a bit out of hand. I’m going to have to dob you all in to @i_b_b_o_r_g

While some normally offensive words can be ok amongst a wry tight knit group, generally not.

I still struggle with one of my very close friends using nigga. He uses it loads and is happy for me to,l. I am a nigga, other friends are useless niggas, most of us aren’t black and given the history I just can’t.

Same with Jewish friends, they may well take the kids out of each other with Yid, not a word I would use (except with my spurs supporting Rasta nigga)

So there is a context thing but it would never occur to me to say Stupid Woman, or Stupid Man or stupid Nigga, Stupid Yid about someone who was not that close.

For me it displays an unfortunate train of thought and whether said out loud or under your breath, still same thinking and wrong.

Crazy stuff.
  • Options

Eh?

This has all got a bit out of hand. I’m going to have to dob you all in to @i_b_b_o_r_g

While some normally offensive words can be ok amongst a wry tight knit group, generally not.

I still struggle with one of my very close friends using nigga. He uses it loads and is happy for me to,l. I am a nigga, other friends are useless niggas, most of us aren’t black and given the history I just can’t.

Same with Jewish friends, they may well take the kids out of each other with Yid, not a word I would use (except with my spurs supporting Rasta nigga)

So there is a context thing but it would never occur to me to say Stupid Woman, or Stupid Man or stupid Nigga, Stupid Yid about someone who was not that close.

For me it displays an unfortunate train of thought and whether said out loud or under your breath, still same thinking and wrong.

Crazy stuff.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Rob7Lee said:

se9addick said:

Rob7Lee said:

If anything his policies have got him to where he is despite who he is. Most of his policies are popularist and poll even better when you remove his name. If anything the last election showed a manifesto can inspire and the next leader of the party is going to have to appeal to the left due to how the party has changed.
    Absolutely, a very popular manifesto and despite offering to make 95% of the population financially better off together with all the investment throughout the country etc etc it still wasn't enough, it'll be interesting if he is still around at the next election to see how it changes to try to bring along another few % to gain Labour power.
  • Options
    To me it looks more like stupid people
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Am I missing something here? Is it being suggested that the phrase 'stupid woman' is sexist?

It may be impolite, but I fail to see how it is sexist.

Bob what would happen in the office though.
    Your in a meeting tomorrow, a woman is speaking and a male colleague mutters to himself stupid woman
    The lady then comes out and says did you call me a stupid woman?
    Does HR react or not?
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2018
    Corbyn said ‘stupid people’ not ‘stupid woman’.

This is from a qualified lip reading teacher.

Alison@Deaf

SO @jeremycorbyn absolutely does not say #stupidwoman he says 'stupid people'. My qualifications, deaf for nearly half a century, and I am also a qualified Lipreading Teacher (amongst other things). If you want to know why, read this thread. 1/6
    6:24 am - 19 Dec 2018

6,174 Retweets 11,433 Likes

The whole thing is a typical negative distraction technique by the Conservatives from May’s abysmal spending of over £2 billion for a no deal Brexit proposal to wreck the country in an attempt to get her crap deal through. Pitiful, dispicable and shameful given the 100 days to no deal Brexit.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!