Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland on Talksport

Comments

• Options
    Just played a quote from it... "I wanted a nice club"  :D
  • Options
    so what about the proposition. probably bollox as usual 
  • Options
    Just played a quote from it... "I wanted a nice club"  :D
    Nice in Belgium must mean something else as, as we all know, he wanted a club where everyone would bend over backwards to allow him to try his network experiment without any repercussions to himself. Weird.
  • Options
    Is there a link anywhere? 
    If you cant find it anywhere else, go to https://talksport.com/radio/schedule/

Opposite the Jim White show will turn to listen again shortly. Click on it and you can hear the show again. Use the down arrow to find the time it was on.
  • Options

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1551175200/1551182400/ Go to 19 mins

Think comment continues on next section

• Options
    Well played simon Jordan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    When people hear Roland it makes Bowyer and JJ look good seeing as what they have to work with :)
  • Options
    Tell us more :)
    Well worth listening if there's an audio clip online after, but from memory (and I was mostly just gawping at the radio, so may miss stuff) the conversation went along the lines of:

JW: Vandalism on your home is distressing
    RD: Said that it damaged a bunch of property, not just his, and his wife discovered it
    RD: Don't think there should be foreign owners generally, only has 2% of his time etc. for football
    SJ: Why did you buy it then?
    RD: Just wanted a normal club, blames rest of the staff (not those he brought in), then says that you can't blame everyone else
    SJ: No, I'm blaming you
    RD: Squirms, says he should never have done it, blames those working for him again
    JW: Brings it back to vandalism (vandalism is bad)
    SJ: Why haven't you sold yet?
    RD: Protests put off people buying it, price was agreed but fell apart because of protests
    SJ: No way, it's financial - how much do you want?
    RD: I'm giving it away for free, just got to pay for the land/assets
    SJ: So, how much do you want for assets?
    RD: Squirms, eventually lands on "NDA, can't tell you"

Jordan's summary after the break included...

"He's in the game but can't shoot straight"
    "His perspective, outlook and how he presented himself - just laughable"
    "For the love of god, some of the arguments he put forward... (said something else)... he's brought that upon himself"  [although he does condemn the graffiti/physical acts against his property etc.]
    "As a former owner I feel contempt for him"  [before that says he generally sympathises with owners]

White was a bit wet, but Jordan went in. Duchatelet came off horribly inside White. 

• Options
    Sounds like there are some RDT comments from that interview that can be bounced back to LDT tomorrow at the Fans Forum. e.g. apparently RD is only looking for someone to pay for the Valley and the training ground. So presumably it would be inaccurate for anyone to say (e.g. Harris) that the sale is being held up due to RD's desire for a share of future transfer fees etc etc
  • Options
    Tell us more :)
    Well worth listening if there's an audio clip online after, but from memory (and I was mostly just gawping at the radio, so may miss stuff) the conversation went along the lines of:

JW: Vandalism on your home is distressing
    RD: Said that it damaged a bunch of property, not just his, and his wife discovered it
    RD: Don't think there should be foreign owners generally, only has 2% of his time etc. for football
    SJ: Why did you buy it then?
    RD: Just wanted a normal club, blames rest of the staff (not those he brought in), then says that you can't blame everyone else
    SJ: No, I'm blaming you
    RD: Squirms, says he should never have done it, blames those working for him again
    JW: Brings it back to vandalism (vandalism is bad)
    SJ: Why haven't you sold yet?
    RD: Protests put off people buying it, price was agreed but fell apart because of protests
    SJ: No way, it's financial - how much do you want?
    RD: I'm giving it away for free, just got to pay for the land/assets
    SJ: So, how much do you want for assets?
    RD: Squirms, eventually lands on "NDA, can't tell you"

Jordan's summary after the break included...

"He's in the game but can't shoot straight"
    "His perspective, outlook and how he presented himself - just laughable"
    "For the love of god, some of the arguments he put forward... (said something else)... he's brought that upon himself"  [although he does condemn the graffiti/physical acts against his property etc.]
    "As a former owner I feel contempt for him"  [before that says he generally sympathises with owners]

White was a bit wet, but Jordan went in. Duchatelet came off horribly inside White. 

Haha! Absolutely unintentional. You beat Mr. Mehmet to it.
  • Options
    So was it the visionary genius Roland Duchâtelet who suggested that a three storey town house in Kensington costs over £10m and that the football ground and sparrow’s lane is a lot larger than that? 

JB, do you have the exact quote? Not sure that’s far off. 

Duchâtelet, a man who knows the worth of nothing, and the value of nothing. Top trumps zero all round sunshine. 
  • Options
    Just started listening to it
    His voice fills me with hate
  • Options
    Listening with headphones at work - will not swear/scream/cry. I will NOT  :confounded:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Putting aside club rivalries, I have thought for a long time that Simon Jordan actually talks sense, particularly when on with Talksport's best presenter Danny Kelly
    This, said it many times before, only person who really tells it how it is and won’t sucker up, tore Gordon Taylor a new one a year or so ago, real football fan.
  • Options
    Credit where it's due
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    EastStand said:
    Listening with headphones at work - will not swear/scream/cry. I will NOT  :confounded:

I've already failed at this challenge

• Options
    Phil said:
    Sorry to hijack the thread but I’m giving my car away for free. I just want £10k for the tank of petrol. See #dumbtree for full details.
    Can you empty the tank and I'll pick the car up?
  • Options
    Fair play to JM too for pressing RD for an exact figure. 10/10 Sj, asking all the right questions.

Did everyone else's clip end just when SJ was pressing RD for an answer on why the sale ain't gone though? 
  • Options
    Fair play to JM too for pressing RD for an exact figure. 10/10 Sj, asking all the right questions.

Did everyone else's clip end just when SJ was pressing RD for an answer on why the sale ain't gone though? 
    You've got to select 12:30-13:00 from the dropdown and press play again. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    The first question has to be how much did Roland pay for the land and assets?  Not the club, but land and assets! Do we know?
  • Options
    was he trying to through Olly Groome and others under the bus there!
  • Options
    Not 40 mil that's for sure. 
  • Options
    EastStand said:

You've got to select 12:30-13:00 from the dropdown and press play again. 

Thanks mate