Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland on Talksport

Comments

• Options
    So was it the visionary genius Roland Duchâtelet who suggested that a three storey town house in Kensington costs over £10m and that the football ground and sparrow’s lane is a lot larger than that? 

JB, do you have the exact quote? Not sure that’s far off. 

Duchâtelet, a man who knows the worth of nothing, and the value of nothing. Top trumps zero all round sunshine. 
    See you use the circumflex accent...... it must have been you
  • Options
    So he wants full price for land/assets (do assets include sell on’s/players?) but is happy to give away for free the operating business which incidentally loses £10m per annum.  

Can’t believe there has not been a complete stampede of buyers on those terms.
  • Options
    The ending of Roland's call is hilarious.

"Okay, good"
  • Options
    What half hour segment is it on to listen again? Thanks
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    What half hour segment is it on to listen again? Thanks

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1551175200/1551182400/

At the end of 12:00 - 12:30 (start at 19 min) and continues at start of 12:30 - 1 :00, with post interview discussion as well

• Options
    Just listened to the last part and the mental fool cant even say 'goodbye' properly.
  • Options
    Has anybody got a link - having trouble finding it?
  • Options
    Wow, he got completely destroyed.  I don't think we'll be hearing him back on TalkSport anytime soon.  I'm sure he wasn't expecting to have a former owner and relatively successful businessman on the end of the phone line who could call him out on all of his bluff and nonsense.  He really does think that it's everybody else's fault though doesn't he?  It's amazing that even after all this time, he doesn't get it.
  • Options
    What is it with Roland and 2%?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Like others, I've had this worrying feeling for a while that Simon Jordan actually talks a bit of sense.

However, if anyone quotes me I'll say my account was hacked.

for future reference...
  • Options
    he repeats we are only 2% of his time, so shouldn't we probably employ a CEO?
  • Options
    Phil said:
    Sorry to hijack the thread but I’m giving my car away for free. I just want £10k for the tank of petrol. See #dumbtree for full details.
    Can you empty the tank and I'll pick the car up?
    Certainly, though there is a £9k tank emptying fee...
  • Options
    So protests in August put off the potential buyers completing, but not enough for them to walk away. This fool is worse than the Flat Earth believers!
  • Options
     Today, Simon Jordan is my hero.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Listening through the Listen Again function.
    Every time this bungling lunatic puts his head above the parapet and engages with the real world, he manages to sound crazier and more delusional.  Truly unique.
    "there's no negotiation, there is an agreement"
    roly mumbles some half coherent guff about foreign owners being wrong for English football so why should he sell to another foreigner to suffer the same grief as him - huh?
    "there is a valuation (...on the land and buildings)"
    "...(the buyer) gets the club for free..."
    Jordan pressed him on what cash the new owners will need to run the club... No answer
    Jordan and White pressed him on the sale price for the land & buildings (get the club for free).. No answer, mumbled drivel about NDA's
    Jordan pressed him with "...after the negotiations, the buyer writes a cheque, club is sold...how much does that cheque need to be?..." No answer
    so far beyond parody
  • Options
    Is it ever Roland's fault when things go wrong? Always something or someone else. Truly messed up psychopathic, bitter old man. Can't wait for the day he goes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Got the whole interview in here

Direct link https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/duchatelet-talkspot-draft/
  • Options
    I am not trying to make light of this or offend anyone who's family members are affected in any way from the same....... but I seriously believe that Roland is suffering from dementia
  • Options
    claiming that foreigners shouldn't be allowed to buy British clubs is one of his more, errm, unique moments

so is this the reason the Aussie bid isn't happening?
  • Options
    I am not trying to make light of this or offend anyone who's family members are affected in any way from the same....... but I seriously believe that Roland is suffering from dementia
    You’re wrong. He’s just a liar. Simple as that. 
  • Options
    It’s a funny old world supporting Charlton eh. Who could have predicted 10 years ago that one day we’d be throwing plastic pigs on the pitch, or that Simon Jordan would be saying what we all wanted to say to the club owner. Just when you think it can’t get any more nuts, it does  :) 
  • Options
    edited February 2019

It's not in me to thank or even like what Jordan says, so I wont. He is just stating the bloody obvious and simplistic sound bites that even the blind can see it.

Talksport is pretty awful most of the day and their presenters/journalist's  may well want to toe the line as far as keeping it civil with guests or they may find their source of materials dry up.

But this probably does not apply to Jordan, he appears on these type of shows because he wants to not because he has to. This enables him to be a little more controversial and out spoken. When it comes to running a football club his track record was worse than our dear leaders. He took Palace to the brink of ruin, lost a fortune, many people lost jobs and no doubt many were left out of pocket. It suits him now to wade in on Roland because that's what he is on the radio to do but he'd say similar things about any club, he has no real conviction in his words. I remember the countless occasions, in the past, when he was not employed by a media company, what he thought of us. 

Once this cretin of an owner sells us or may be "gives us away"  Jordan will revert to type once more.

It was nice though, that Roland got a bit of a roasting.

We have all learned from our mistakes...😉  

Don't care where from,who they are or where they been quite frankly,as long as they are fighting on our clubs behalf...We Welcome You...✌🏻

Now sell up yee old (blank) & (blank) off...!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    SE7toSG3 said:
    He claimed he would give the club away free if someone paid for the ground and training ground, £20m was mentioned by Jordan, Roland agreed then back tracked when the point was pushed.
    And what exactly would he be basing his valuation of the ground and the training ground on? Is there anything in the published accounts that would give us a clue to what that value should be?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Wasn't there something doing the rounds a few years back that put a value on them? Something to do with us being listed on the Alternative stock exchange! I know things may have changed, but might be good to see.

Also, maybe Belgian owners shouldn't be allowed to buy Belgian clubs given the criminal and threatening act of Liege fans storming Duchatelet's offices.