Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland on Talksport

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2019
    seth plum said:
    On another note how incredible is it that Roland thinks he should have been stopped from buying Charlton in the first place by authorities in England?
    Right? Seemingly because they should have known that he wasn't going to put enough effort in to run the club correctly, thus condemning him to this fate. Madness.
  • Options
    I bet Roland's wife wants him to sell.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    On another note how incredible is it that Roland thinks he should have been stopped from buying Charlton in the first place by authorities in England?
    Absolutely extraordinary. For me, it goes beyond his usual line that it is everyone’s fault but his (and Katrien’s) and raises questions about his capacity.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    sammy391 said:
    sammy391 said:
    Could be the marmite effect , but could the trust/whoever not take up the offer of ‘taking the club off of his hands’ for free and let him keep the ‘real estate’ - least it’s a way of being halfway close to what we all want
    That's a more ridiculous comment than any of RD's.
    Let RD keep the £20/£30M worth of assets and the fans take on the £5M/£10M annual debt ?

The debt is friendly - to charlton fans If I’m right in thinking... 
    as you say , the running cost is the obvious problem - however is it necessarily hard to find that with share options- owning the club opens the financing and share option to many possibilities 

say at the trust get the club and decide to sell 25% to fans/investors - then can then in theory charge any price and can structure it to then cover the running costs for a season or two 
    And what then after a season or two ?

Who would buy the club with no assets and The Valley and SL owned by RD ?

The assets the ‘club’ do have is the players and the academy - as well as whatever TV/league money the club gets. Obviously it’s not as lucrative as buying the whole thing- but there will be people out there that will be willing! 

The above assets you refer to have lost each year somewhere in the region of between £5M & £10M pa (without nit picking).
    What sort of buyer is there for assets that lose that much ?
    Assets are intended to earn you a profit not a loss.
    You may be correct, but I'm not expecting a stampede.
    Mind you, if you are correct the good news is RD should be gone very soon.
  • Options
    Full transcript here.

I *think* he used the word "lease" at the end, but it's not quite clear.
  • Options
    Not seen it anywhere else on here, only something similar on Facebook -

What if 
    Jordan was to make RD an offer and it was accepted, would people be happy with that and not just for the sole reason of getting rid of RD? Do people think that SJ would be good for Charlton?

I personally used to detest the man, but I reckon it could be one of those moves in football (player / manager / owner going to rival) that works out well. 

• Options
    Full transcript here.

No, it was definitely "Huh"
  • Options
    Has Simon Jordan got any money?.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Is he insinuating he'll write off all the friendly debt and give the club away but retain the property assets and lease them back?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Regardless of the grief Jordan gave RD in that interview he’s still a prize prick and and I don’t want that wide boy anywhere near my football club.
    He still reeks of Palace .
  • Options
    RD don't want none apparently
  • Options
    Roland looking for a British buyer then .

• Options
    He owns ten sunbed shops so he must be loaded
  • Options
    Regardless of the grief Jordan gave RD in that interview he’s still a prize prick and and I don’t want that wide boy anywhere near my football club.
    He still reeks of Palace .
    This times 100
  • Options
    He owns ten sunbed shops so he must be loaded
    They're all for his own personal use mate
  • Options
    SJ dis us proud there....... but his first question went on for about 5 minutes...... ultimately.
  • Options
    I am not trying to make light of this or offend anyone who's family members are affected in any way from the same....... but I seriously believe that Roland is suffering from dementia

Having had my dear old mum pass away from dementia, I totally agree with you 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There definitely seems to e something wrong with him.
  • Options
    Full transcript here.

I don't like the word lease.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Rudders22 said:
    Just listened to the first 10 mins. He definetly stated "for free + £20 million plus the land value.  I hate JW, sucking up to him. SJ ws going at him and the weasel replied wityh "sorry to hear about the Vandlilsim".  Well done SJ. 
    My take on it having now listened is he meant club for free plus new buyer gets £20m which essentially is a reduction on land value. So £50m land value means he is looking for £30m sale price... still too expensive in my book, needs to be half that which is why a deal has not happened.

As for fans forum then I reckon he will say the fans can have the club for free and he keeps the land, knowing we could never fund it and he can then phone his mate Jimmy and say what a nice chap he is and how hard he is trying to do the right thing.

If all talks have broken down which seems likely we are screwed at the end of this season and I am genuinely concerned about our future.  Next year he cuts more costs, we are relegated to L2, he cuts again, no buyers in site and he shuts us down and tries to recoup funds through a property deal... People will still moan about a little graffiti even then!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    So is SJ buying Charlton ?
    It would be very interesting to see from a Charlton fans perspective, although it is very unlikely to happen. (We all know he is Palace)

If you had a choice between SJ and Roland as Owner (In theory) who would you prefer giving all the history? (Sorry had to ask) 
  • Options
    RD is on another planet. Can he get any more deluded?