Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland on Talksport

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    He may be an idiot but he's also spiteful - is the sale any closer?
  • Options
    Having finally listened to the interview in full....he's never going to sell us.

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    I really want him to provide specifics of all the comms teams errors. I can’t really remember anything stupid/controversial being said apart from on video of the perps actually saying it or in an interview in the Belgian press which they’d then claim was badly translated. I’d assume neither of these type of events can be blamed on the comms team anyway. He should be pressed to back up his donkey eared nonsense, he’s always allowed to just get away with dopey bullcrap
    It’s not about the comms team “speaking for him” as Jordan has suggested. Duchatelet’s beef, as I understand it, is that comms staff advised him and Meire not to go on the offensive against fans. He believes if they had, everyone would have seen they were right and their critics were wrong. Draw your own conclusions as to the likelihood of that.
    (....)

I ☝️found that rather "offensive" 🙂
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    I really want him to provide specifics of all the comms teams errors. I can’t really remember anything stupid/controversial being said apart from on video of the perps actually saying it or in an interview in the Belgian press which they’d then claim was badly translated. I’d assume neither of these type of events can be blamed on the comms team anyway. He should be pressed to back up his donkey eared nonsense, he’s always allowed to just get away with dopey bullcrap
    It’s not about the comms team “speaking for him” as Jordan has suggested. Duchatelet’s beef, as I understand it, is that comms staff advised him and Meire not to go on the offensive against fans. He believes if they had, everyone would have seen they were right and their critics were wrong. Draw your own conclusions as to the likelihood of that.
    Is it not right, that when he published that stupid statement attacking the fans on the website, which led to the resignation of Mel Baroni, that even Meire tried to persuade him not to do so!
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Is it not right, that when he published that stupid statement attacking the fans on the website, which led to the resignation of Mel Baroni, that even Meire tried to persuade him not to do so!
    Duchatelet is not talking about 2016, though, he is talking about the period when he took over. By 2016 there was virtually no one left in comms who he had "inherited". I've posted Matt Wright's story explaining what went on at www.votvonline.com
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Having finally listened to the interview in full....he's never going to sell us.

Sadly, I think you may be right, and by the time he does sell up we'll be battling to stay in the league.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Having listened to it again, something really doesn’t sit right with me.

Roland says numerous times about real estate and land, okay that’s what he is valuing the club to be, well apparently, but he also lets it slip saying along the lines of “part of it” as in he will give the club away for free + £20mil as part of the real estate and land, Roland keeps the rest.

I don’t think we are near the end and I think there is a lot more to it than we think, the value of the land and how much Roland is actually selling for and what percentage he is giving away, be it 100% or smaller.

I fear that he is now prepared to give the club away essentially as long as someone pays him £20mil for part of the assets such as the stadium and training ground. He will still own part of the assets to get his money back.

Of course, he has made himself look like a complete idiot with no common sense, everyone can see that, but I fear this fact that he is an idiot is also a reason as to why the sale hasn’t happened. 
    As I have said all along, he has had an ulterior motive.

I am certain the pillock will still own part of The Valley and/or Sparrows Lane.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Sage said:
    Having listened to it again, something really doesn’t sit right with me.

Roland says numerous times about real estate and land, okay that’s what he is valuing the club to be, well apparently, but he also lets it slip saying along the lines of “part of it” as in he will give the club away for free + £20mil as part of the real estate and land, Roland keeps the rest.

I don’t think we are near the end and I think there is a lot more to it than we think, the value of the land and how much Roland is actually selling for and what percentage he is giving away, be it 100% or smaller.

I fear that he is now prepared to give the club away essentially as long as someone pays him £20mil for part of the assets such as the stadium and training ground. He will still own part of the assets to get his money back.

Of course, he has made himself look like a complete idiot with no common sense, everyone can see that, but I fear this fact that he is an idiot is also a reason as to why the sale hasn’t happened. 
    As I have said all along, he has had an ulterior motive.

I am certain the pillock will still own part of The Valley and/or Sparrows Lane.
    The fact alone that he can never give a straight answer to a question regarding the sale, or what he wants, or the price, or now the assets, suggests you’re correct and he is trying to hide it and worm his way out of an uncomfortable situation.
  • Options
    When Simon Jordan said, 'So to pay for the stadium and the land, that's what they're negotiating?', RD replied 'No, there is no negotiation, there has been a negotiation, there is no negotiation.'

Tbf, I think he was saying he negotiated an agreed deal with The Aussies & therefore negotiations have been completed. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Why does he continue to appear on TS and give interviews? What is he gaining from doing it?
    Because he formed a friendship with Jim White who he trusted to be an ally. he, and probably Jim White, hadn’t anticipated Simon Jordan being thrown into the mix. 

As as a result I suspect. Jim has now probably burnt his bridges in that respect. If he does get any more interviews it will only be direct with the two of them I suspect.
    An ally for what? What does he get out of it and why does he care??
  • Options
    Would definitely be interested if the go over his statement today on Talksport, pretty sure Jordan would do a good job picking through the bones of his FFP jibberish.
  • Options
    Would definitely be interested if the go over his statement today on Talksport, pretty sure Jordan would do a good job picking through the bones of his FFP jibberish.
    Whilst Jim will no doubt sit there saying how vandalism is bad
  • Options
    What time slot does our star entertainment manager have on JW show tomorrow ??. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Preposterous is an understatement. Insane is more applicable. Still, at least the old fool has a big disappointment coming his way.
  • Options
    So there is Roland is his bunker.. counting his readies and is sitting there thinking "What a fantastic idea I have given EFL. There is no way they won't buy Charlton... here comes my money.. "
  • Options
    Just demonstrates his 'knowledge' (lack of) of English football. We can only hope the men in white coats are on heir way.