Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland on Talksport

Comments

• Options
    So he wants full price for land/assets (do assets include sell on’s/players?) but is happy to give away for free the operating business which incidentally loses £10m per annum.  

Can’t believe there has not been a complete stampede of buyers on those terms.
    Rudders22 said:
    Just listened to the first 10 mins. He definetly stated "for free + £20 million plus the land value.  I hate JW, sucking up to him. SJ ws going at him and the weasel replied wityh "sorry to hear about the Vandlilsim".  Well done SJ. 
    My take on it having now listened is he meant club for free plus new buyer gets £20m which essentially is a reduction on land value. So £50m land value means he is looking for £30m sale price... still too expensive in my book, needs to be half that which is why a del has not happened. As for fans forum then yes I reckon he will say the fans can have the club and he keeps the land, knowing we could never fund it and he can then phone his mate Jimmy and say what a nice chap he is and how hard he is trying to do the right thing. If all talks have broken down which seems likely we are screwed at the end of this season and I would not be surprised if we did not exist in 2-3 years time. People will still moan about a little graffiti even then!
    If he can't find a buyer he will have to pay the annual losses.
    He can't put us into administration, because he will get zero or close to zero back.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Late to the party ( or maybe that should be asylum) as always and ....WOW, just WOW ! 

How can anyone who stated much earlier today that the graffiti was a stupid act of vandalism & would come back to bite "us" on the bum, fail to be eating a large portion of ever so 'umble pie tonight ? 

Standard's fans did not give up in their efforts to defeat this destructive oddball & resorted to violence as a last resort. A gamble that paid off but one not without a huge amount of risk. 

Those of us who volunteered the opinion that maybe further protests were needed this season in light of the impasse that appears to exist at this moment in time, were advised that we should come up with our own ideas & not rely on CARD or other organised groups. 

And so it came to pass.....

SOMEONE grabbed the baton & ran with it all the way to Sint Truiden. 

As a result, whether by good luck or excellent judgement after 5 years of analysing the way this dingbat thinks, the Rat once again sneaked out of his lair...and as is his wont, shot himself in the proverbial.

Big time ! 

Could this be the catalyst that finally ends this devastating era in our beloved club's history ? 

All I know is that SOMEONE had the balls to take the course of action that was criticised by some and if given the chance, I'd like to buy them a very big drink for their bravery. 

Plus a big wet Fanny kiss...
    How do you know it was a woman who done it?
  • Options
    Late to the party ( or maybe that should be asylum) as always and ....WOW, just WOW ! 

How can anyone who stated much earlier today that the graffiti was a stupid act of vandalism & would come back to bite "us" on the bum, fail to be eating a large portion of ever so 'umble pie tonight ? 

Standard's fans did not give up in their efforts to defeat this destructive oddball & resorted to violence as a last resort. A gamble that paid off but one not without a huge amount of risk. 

Those of us who volunteered the opinion that maybe further protests were needed this season in light of the impasse that appears to exist at this moment in time, were advised that we should come up with our own ideas & not rely on CARD or other organised groups. 

And so it came to pass.....

SOMEONE grabbed the baton & ran with it all the way to Sint Truiden. 

As a result, whether by good luck or excellent judgement after 5 years of analysing the way this dingbat thinks, the Rat once again sneaked out of his lair...and as is his wont, shot himself in the proverbial.

Big time ! 

Could this be the catalyst that finally ends this devastating era in our beloved club's history ? 

All I know is that SOMEONE had the balls to take the course of action that was criticised by some and if given the chance, I'd like to buy them a very big drink for their bravery. 

Plus a big wet Fanny kiss...
    You didn't go to Wimbledon did you ?    :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/football-stadiums-and-the-law/

'Adequate toilet facilities'

Does that include supplying toilet paper?

EDIT: Most reasonable people would regard the supply of toilet paper to be part and parcel of 'adequate toilet facilities' but would it stand up in court?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Absolutely shocking.

I listened.

It is just so bad.

Blood is boiling.

• Options
    On a day when King Roland won at Ffos Las. 

• Options
    I’ve said for some time, nothing will happen until the summer. 

I’m beginning to think I was optimistic!
  • Options
    Just listened to the recording. I appreciate you have to make some allowances for language but RD just doesn’t sound very bright. As was said in the post interview discussion, if he doesn’t have the time to spend on the business it is his responsibility to delegate to capable management who can. Everything is somebody else’s fault, either the EFL for letting a foreign owner buy an English club, or the communication staff he inherited. 
  • Options
    Simon Jordan absolutely murdered him, that was beautiful
    I take it all back, Simon. Well most of it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just listened to the recording. I appreciate you have to make some allowances for language but RD just doesn’t sound very bright. As was said in the post interview discussion, if he doesn’t have the time to spend on the business it is his responsibility to delegate to capable management who can. Everything is somebody else’s fault, either the EFL for letting a foreign owner buy an English club, or the communication staff he inherited. 
    he has completely failed to acknowledge his own mistakes. The big issue for him now is the whole country heard it for themselves, he will not be happy after that.. he only believes in success and it has become very clear that he will not take negative responsibility for anything.

even though the ceo, pr arrangement and everything else is his responsibility, should he feel results are not as expected, he should have changed things.

this could be our biggest victory publicly we have got so far.

tomorrow will be interesting... I just hope that the right questions are asked, ldt is in a difficult position more so then ever now.
    I think you are right about tomorrow night. 
  • Options
    I have so much more respect for Simon Jordan than I do for Richard Murray.
    I’m not sure either warrant an ounce of respect . Did you ever wonder if the reason Jordan is so vocal about our plight is he knows Murray is still involved and complicit in our downfall . They still hate each other .
  • Options
    I have so much more respect for Simon Jordan than I do for Richard Murray.
    Hard to disagree at the moment. Someone said it earlier but this might well be SJ's ultimate revenge. The club's disintegrating, Roland is openly denigrating us (I thought this was a nice club) and Murray says jack.
  • Options
    LDT probably telling everyone in the office he's been feeling rough today, cueing up his "Fan's Forum" Flu he'll be suffering from come tomorrow afternoon
  • Options
    Just listened to the interview.

All I can say is the man is completely and utterly bonkers. It really is that simple.
    Bang on the nail. The guy came over as a bumbling imbecile. To think, our club is in his hands and it sounds like it could be for the foreseeable!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apart from talking complete cobblers I thought Duchatelet sounded downbeat and, dare I say it, somewhat broken by the fact that protests in one form or another, won't go away.
    I do hope that you are right. 

It would be karma if his experience as the owner of Charlton haunted him for the rest of his life. 
  • Options
    Apart from talking complete cobblers I thought Duchatelet sounded downbeat and, dare I say it, somewhat broken by the fact that protests in one form or another, won't go away.
    Probably just seen the Invoice for getting that graffiti off his walls and at the same time has realised that his trusty duct tape wont work to remove it
  • Options
    Just caught up with all this, what an embarrassment of a human being Roland is.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Breaking news: there is a queue of Charlton fans outside Fanny's house, each of them claiming to be the graffiti artist...
    Eh ?

Just popped on here whilst replenishing my lip balm.....
  • Options
    A quick question if I may, not that it really matters in the big picture.  When talking about "press people", it's not the first time he has laid blame at their door, does he mean the clubs comms department? Or does he actually me people inside the club leaking things to the press?

I can't see how Olly moaning about a ref on twitter on a Saturday afternoon effects the price of fish, but we do know the club leaked like a sieve in the early months. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A quick question if I may, not that it really matters in the big picture.  When talking about "press people", it's not the first time he has laid blame at their door, does he mean the clubs comms department? Or does he actually me people inside the club leaking things to the press?

I can't see how Olly moaning about a ref on twitter on a Saturday afternoon effects the price of fish, but we do know the club leaked like a sieve in the early months. 
    You do know that Rolly talks complete bollox don’t you?

Do you really think that junior staff were given free reign to say whatever they like on all matters Charlton?

Was it a junior member of staff that thought that a film of a shag in the centre circle was a great idea?

All that happened is down to Rolly. He paid the wages and set the agenda. The buck starts and ends with him.

It does not even slow down with supporters!