Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland on Talksport

Comments

• Options
    Land value max £25M but getting change of use a long and possibly fruitless exercise 
  • Options
    He thought his mate Jim White would be sucking him off but Simon Jordan was there and did us, and truth to be fair, proud. All is forgiven as far as I am concerned - I always thought Murray was out of order in relation to his behaviour towards him anyway. It was a situation that required some dignity.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I was driving and had to pull over to listen. Rolly phoned in for sympathy and understanding and got ripped apart from Simon. Laughed out loud when Rolly said you can’t blame the staff and Simon said “I’m not. I’m blaming you”.

Whatever one thinks about the action taken in Belgium, it has certainly had a great outcome. Fans all over the country would have been listening to that with utter incredulity. 

Thank you Simon. Nobody has done better at calling him out.
    This .... I thought he sounded like a pathetic old man 
  • Options
    Talks complete rubbish.
  • Options
    wow. from reading he comments I didn't think would be as bad as that. he's a bumbling old fool. it's almost hard to hate him because I don't think he's evil, he's just completely incompetent. I don't wish harm to him , but he must go. I'm still intrigued about the proposal. we shall see. 
  • Options
    Could be the marmite effect , but could the trust/whoever not take up the offer of ‘taking the club off of his hands’ for free and let him keep the ‘real estate’ - least it’s a way of being halfway close to what we all want
  • Options
    good idea Sammy. they could then broker a deal. the problem is the trust would need investors to cover the running cost asap otherwise we could be worse off than we are now 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tell us more :)
    Well worth listening if there's an audio clip online after, but from memory (and I was mostly just gawping at the radio, so may miss stuff) the conversation went along the lines of:

JW: Vandalism on your home is distressing
    RD: Said that it damaged a bunch of property, not just his, and his wife discovered it
    RD: Don't think there should be foreign owners generally, only has 2% of his time etc. for football
    SJ: Why did you buy it then?
    RD: Just wanted a normal club, blames rest of the staff (not those he brought in), then says that you can't blame everyone else
    SJ: No, I'm blaming you
    RD: Squirms, says he should never have done it, blames those working for him again
    JW: Brings it back to vandalism (vandalism is bad)
    SJ: Why haven't you sold yet?
    RD: Protests put off people buying it, price was agreed but fell apart because of protests
    SJ: No way, it's financial - how much do you want?
    RD: I'm giving it away for free, just got to pay for the land/assets
    SJ: So, how much do you want for assets?
    RD: Squirms, eventually lands on "NDA, can't tell you"

Jordan's summary after the break included...

"He's in the game but can't shoot straight"
    "His perspective, outlook and how he presented himself - just laughable"
    "For the love of god, some of the arguments he put forward... (said something else)... he's brought that upon himself"  [although he does condemn the graffiti/physical acts against his property etc.]
    "As a former owner I feel contempt for him"  [before that says he generally sympathises with owners]

White was a bit wet, but Jordan went in. Duchatelet came off horribly.
    Sounds like Jim White was stocking up for his bestie by trying to divert to the Graffiti but SJ wouldnt let him.

Never said this before and never will again but well done Simon Jordan(going for a deep clean now)
  • Options
    The yellow toothed old scrote has absolutely no redeeming features .
    He even has me warming slightly to Simon Jordan ffs.
    Yet another reason to hate him.
  • Options
    The proposal could be that he will keep the assets and let the fans run the club - basically take on all the losses that his mismanagement has made worse. It is the sort of crap he could come out with! We all know, whatever it is, his proposal will be ridiculous and is likely to be damaging to the club.
  • Options
    Mind you, what if he allowed fans to run the club after being given a reasonable budget. The question would be which fans? But if I was advising him, I might advise him to do something along those lines.
  • Options
    Just listened to the first 10 mins. He definetly stated "for free + £20 million plus the land value.  I hate JW, sucking up to him. SJ ws going at him and the weasel replied wityh "sorry to hear about the Vandlilsim".  Well done SJ. 
  • Options
    F***, that moron makes my blood boil when I hear his pathetic voice!!

And F*** Off with your infuriatingly inane 'Huh's' you utterly senile old fool!! 

• Options
    sammy391 said:
    Could be the marmite effect , but could the trust/whoever not take up the offer of ‘taking the club off of his hands’ for free and let him keep the ‘real estate’ - least it’s a way of being halfway close to what we all want
    That's a more ridiculous comment than any of RD's.
    Let RD keep the £20/£30M worth of assets and the fans take on the £5M/£10M annual debt ?

The debt is friendly - to charlton fans If I’m right in thinking... 
    as you say , the running cost is the obvious problem - however is it necessarily hard to find that with share options- owning the club opens the financing and share option to many possibilities 

say at the trust get the club and decide to sell 25% to fans/investors - then can then in theory charge any price and can structure it to then cover the running costs for a season or two 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Let RD keep the £20/£30M worth of assets and the fans take on the £5M/£10M annual debt ?

Exactly. He has to go - and have no further connection with Charlton. In other words total and unconditional surrender are the only acceptable terms, we should settle for nothing less.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    sammy391 said:

as you say , the running cost is the obvious problem - however is it necessarily hard to find that with share options- owning the club opens the financing and share option to many possibilities 

say at the trust get the club and decide to sell 25% to fans/investors - then can then in theory charge any price and can structure it to then cover the running costs for a season or two 
    And what then after a season or two ?

Who would buy the club with no assets and The Valley and SL owned by RD ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Hypothetically if he is looking to do a deal/proposal to CAFC fans does that mean (we already know there are NO current negotiations going on). LDT will probably say 5 parties still interested with British (then at the Fans Forum) then if LDT says this then this can be questioned as Roland confirmed None today. Is he a desperate man now?  I still don't get him "I don't know wy the EFL sell clubs to foreigners.. (yet, he was a foreigner buying the club and trying to sell to Australian (foreigners?). Are we at last coming to the end game. I never thought I would say this but SJ talks a lot sense.  I think he is finally getting it (but won't admit), he is NEVER going to get his money back". What a shame SJ os not negotiating the sale. I am also trying to work out what LDT actually does. 
  • Options
    What an absolute deluded buffoon Roland is. Pure comedy gold.

I think that Jim White is playing him brilliantly, with several mentions of the “distressing graffiti”. He gently cranked the pressure up as the interview went on, while Simon Jordan went decisively for the jugular. 

I’d definitely welcome the opportunity to buy these two a pint. The more Roland is held up to the light and given an opportunity to make a tool of himself, the better.
  • Options
    Roland looking for a British buyer then .
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    sammy391 said:
    sammy391 said:

And what then after a season or two ?

Who would buy the club with no assets and The Valley and SL owned by RD ?
    Why is there no assets? Ok there isn’t real estate assets, but the stadium etc is almost impossible to convert to anything worth investing in aka housing etc. Anyway 

the assets the ‘club’ do have is the players and the academy - as well as whatever TV/league money the club gets. Obviously it’s not as lucrative as buying the whole thing- but there will be people out there that will be willing! 

• Options
    When is this fans forum? is this the one that was cancelled last week?
  • Options
    So the club and it's attendant ongoing costs come for free (and presumably future sell on benefits accrue to the club).
    That leaves the land.
    We are getting somewhere.
    It must be possible to consider the land assets, with planning issues or not, ACV's and Borough Plan use, and any other restrictions and covenants like directors loans, and increase/decrease in value since Roland bought it, and compare those assets with something similar.
    What I don't mean is the land as a future possibility, but what it it worth right now.
    Is anybody who knows this kind of stuff capable of coming up with a figure? Because you can by that land and get a free football club with it to hopefully run well.
  • Options
    Roland looking for a British buyer then .

With Brexit round the corner? Good luck with that.
  • Options
    So is SJ buying Charlton ?
  • Options
    When is this fans forum? is this the one that was cancelled last week?
    Tomorrow night.