Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland on Talksport

Comments

• Options
    Our hopes for club being sold remind me of Sisyphus in Hades having to rrepeatedly roll a boulder up a mountain only for it to roll back down as soon as he reached the summit.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Why does he continue to appear on TS and give interviews? What is he gaining from doing it?
    Pretty sure we won't see him on TS again after that episode!
  • Options
    Anyone know what SJ is saying on Twitter?
    Never hated #cafc,thought Richard Murray was a duplicitous weasel,Peter Varney not much better,didn’t appreciate the way yr fans and Murray celebrated our relegation and the Dowie stuff but I always respected the clubs achievements but yr man duchatelet is away with the fairies
  • Options
    clive said:
    Anyone know what SJ is saying on Twitter?
    Never hated #cafc,thought Richard Murray was a duplicitous weasel,Peter Varney not much better,didn’t appreciate the way yr fans and Murray celebrated our relegation and the Dowie stuff but I always respected the clubs achievements but yr man duchatelet is away with the fairies
    He was spot on about Murray; not so sure about Varney; the fans were doing what all fans do at the expense of their rivals and the Dowie episode was just Murray trying to rub Jordan's nose in it.
    The thing with Dowie is that it really cost us due to us having to wait for him to start. That was when it all started to unravel for Murray and for the club as a whole.

• Options
    Jodran took Dowie to court and successfully sued us as it was confirmed we got Dowie using underhand purposes. 
  • Options
    You could tell him was worrying he had lost Roland, kept trying to help him and bring it back to the vandalism but old Roland can’t be helped and went off on a weird rant blaming the efl 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Expect a Belgian journo would like to pick up on this story - Foriegners shouldn't buy English clubs angle - anybody have a a contact to pass it on to them in case they missed it?
    I'd love the whole English Press to pick up on the comment to be honest

Wonder what the likes of Man City's owners or even Millwall's owners would have to say as there are foreign owners within the game that do know how to behave and am sure do have a good relationship with their fans
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Jodran took Dowie to court and successfully sued us as it was confirmed we got Dowie using underhand purposes. 
    There was no legal action by Jordan against Charlton. He sued Dowie and Dowie subsequently sued Charlton, which was settled out of court to facilitate the Jimenez-Slater takeover.
  • Options
    Obviously no one foreign or not should be allowed to buy a Belgium football club after Roland was attacked in his own boardroom.
  • Options
    Not sure why Jim White is getting such praise when was up Roland's a$$ the entire interview. Well done Simon Jordan. 
    Spot on Red, on both counts! You only have to listen to White for 10 minutes, on any subject, to fathom that it's actually all about him and his narcissistic tendencies. He reminds me of a poor man's James O'Brien!

The way he strolled up to The Valley on the Saturday, like the Messiah, after telling us we were sold, was simply nauseating! He knew damn well he'd court attention, and the only reason he was there was to milk the plaudits of the fans' who understandably believed his diatribe.

Any modicum of credibility that he possessed was gone, in an instant!! 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    There was no legal action by Jordan against Charlton. He sued Dowie and Dowie subsequently sued Charlton, which was settled out of court to facilitate the Jimenez-Slater takeover.
    I had forgortten the exact details Rick SJ sued Dowie successfully. As for Dowie suing Charlton... (i don't know too much about that) but SJ successfully sued Dowie. 
  • Options
    Expect a Belgian journo would like to pick up on this story - Foriegners shouldn't buy English clubs angle - anybody have a a contact to pass it on to them in case they missed it?
    I'd love the whole English Press to pick up on the comment to be honest

Wonder what the likes of Man City's owners or even Millwall's owners would have to say as there are foreign owners within the game that do know how to behave and am sure do have a good relationship with their fans
    In the top 2 divisions there are now more foreign owners than there are British. Foreign owners are now also starting to filter into league one as well. It's not inconceivable that in a few years there will be more foreign owners than English in all of english professional football.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_owners_of_English_football_clubs
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Listening back to this made me so angry, especially when he starts blaming the press team. What on fucking earth have they done wrong?

Roland - the worst PR for any club is failure. You have failed. You take responsibility. The finger is pointed at you. A club does not get relegated, sell its best players, insult the intelligence of its fans to point when they stop coming in their thousands because of a media team. A media team largely made up of Charlton fans I may add.

I am sick to my stomach with this. Just sell the club.
    Got to agree with this. The press team didn't have carte blanche to write what they wanted and they certainly couldn't control Meire's bonkers ideas or Duchatelet's odd rants. They had to tread the fine line between putting out a defensive club-line on everything, managing the comms with Meire for the most part and avoiding the sack. The Honourable Mel Baroni experience is all the evidence you need of what an impossible situation the club's media team were in. Duchatelet won't accept the blame because he couldn't micro-manage the club but why does he always excuse his appointed Chief Executive? The litany of her disasters and mismanagement was epic and he appears to have seen none of it or simply been fobbed off by her eg "2% of fans protesting."
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    I don’t remember the Dowie suing Charlton part? What was his claim?
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Having listened to it again, something really doesn’t sit right with me.

Roland says numerous times about real estate and land, okay that’s what he is valuing the club to be, well apparently, but he also lets it slip saying along the lines of “part of it” as in he will give the club away for free + £20mil as part of the real estate and land, Roland keeps the rest.

I don’t think we are near the end and I think there is a lot more to it than we think, the value of the land and how much Roland is actually selling for and what percentage he is giving away, be it 100% or smaller.

I fear that he is now prepared to give the club away essentially as long as someone pays him £20mil for part of the assets such as the stadium and training ground. He will still own part of the assets to get his money back.

Of course, he has made himself look like a complete idiot with no common sense, everyone can see that, but I fear this fact that he is an idiot is also a reason as to why the sale hasn’t happened. 
    Although the land value is contentious given you need to factor in that the club will likely always have playing rights, he is probably trying to assess it based on his development of St Truiden which was obviously a big success - a large-scale multi-purpose development around a very small football that only has three sides and a small regular gate. My guess is this might be where he is struggling to get a grip on reality in terms of what he thinks that opportunity might be worth and why he should get an appropriate recognition in a sale price. What's worrying is that he is far more likely to hang in for a percentage of future revenues or a share of a development (a la St Truiden) where we risk suffering him until he drops off his perch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Rudders22 said:
    I don’t remember the Dowie suing Charlton part? What was his claim?
    The Club provided him with a map of Newcastle Under Lyme when he took the players out for a pre match stroll.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I really want him to provide specifics of all the comms teams errors. I can’t really remember anything stupid/controversial being said apart from on video of the perps actually saying it or in an interview in the Belgian press which they’d then claim was badly translated. I’d assume neither of these type of events can be blamed on the comms team anyway. He should be pressed to back up his donkey eared nonsense, he’s always allowed to just get away with dopey bullcrap
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Breaking news: there is a queue of Charlton fans outside Fanny's house, each of them claiming to be the graffiti artist...
    I doubt it. 
  • Options
    By far my favourite Roland quote from that interview:

"Leave me alone, huh?"
  • Options
    About to play the @JimmyStone interview now
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    By far my favourite Roland quote from that interview:

"Leave me alone, huh?"

• Options
    Sage said:
    Having listened to it again, something really doesn’t sit right with me.

Roland says numerous times about real estate and land, okay that’s what he is valuing the club to be, well apparently, but he also lets it slip saying along the lines of “part of it” as in he will give the club away for free + £20mil as part of the real estate and land, Roland keeps the rest.

I don’t think we are near the end and I think there is a lot more to it than we think, the value of the land and how much Roland is actually selling for and what percentage he is giving away, be it 100% or smaller.

I fear that he is now prepared to give the club away essentially as long as someone pays him £20mil for part of the assets such as the stadium and training ground. He will still own part of the assets to get his money back.

Of course, he has made himself look like a complete idiot with no common sense, everyone can see that, but I fear this fact that he is an idiot is also a reason as to why the sale hasn’t happened. 
    What bothers me is that he didn't mention the club's huge debts.  He isn't going to write them off, is he?
  • Options
    Just popped on to club website and surprise, surprise, no mention of our beloved leader's car crash Talksport  interview.