Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Try to post it this morning g but didn’t go through, hadn’t seen the news since. Won’t bother in the future 
    Welcome to Charlton life mate 

• Very good source. George Boyd (Former Academy - Just left Sheff Weds) was at club last week
    being offered 1 year deal, however at Peterborough today (also former club) who appear to be offering 2 year deal
    Interesting if we were interested in Boyd but he chose the 2 year deal at L1 Posh instead

He's a bit of a legend there, and Ferguson is again the manager so that probably swayed it as well
    Made me think whether we were still after otzumer/Williams if we offered contract to Boyd
  • Aleays rated George Boyd. Scored goals wherever he's gone. Would have done a job for us. 
  • Aleays rated George Boyd. Scored goals wherever he's gone. Would have done a job for us. 
    Good player...but Palace fan. And bad hair
    By all accounts Ben Reeves would love a head of hair like George. 
    I think he'd settle for just having a head like George
  • 1 signing down, 1 more in before the week is out i reckon.
  • Still think Williams and Cullen will come in to bolster the midfield but Bielick is beyond us now .
  • Still think Williams and Cullen will come in to bolster the midfield but Bielick is beyond us now .
    Why do you think that Bielik is beyond us?
  • Sponsored links:

He was in talks with AC Milan but walked away over guarantees of gametime. AC Milan or Addicks? Tricky one.
    He did not go on the pre-season tour with Arsenal, seemingly looking to get a move.
    He was in talks with AC Milan but walked away over guarantees of gametime. AC Milan or Addicks? Tricky one.
    Well you've kinda just answered your own question there havent you?

If it were a straight up choice between AC Milan and Charlton and he's walked away from AC Milan because of no guaranteed gametime...

Where does he end up out of those two? ;)
    He did not go on the pre-season tour with Arsenal, seemingly looking to get a move.
    Was because he was part of the Polish U21 team that went to the Euros so is still on holiday

Fornals (Spanish U21) didnt go to China with West Ham either
    Well you've kinda just answered your own question there havent you?

If it were a straight up choice between AC Milan and Charlton and he's walked away from AC Milan because of no guaranteed gametime...

Where does he end up out of those two? ;)
    Someone of the statute of AC Milan who will offer him gametime. Questions can be rhetorical.
    I think he'd settle for just having a head like George

• I still have nightmares about the two missed headers against Shrewsbury in the Play-off 1st leg by Josh MaGennis. No hate against Josh who can score for Northern Ireland  but 100% he is not a Championship striker.

Just like Josh Parker he has no strikers instinct. The hat-trick against Rovers was a one off(or a three off !)

We must learn to move on. If Josh wasn't good enough in League 1, then how can the ex keeper be good enough for the Championship.

Admit it, you don't like blokes called Josh do you?
  • Hopefully a couple more to join this week said by bowyer in the SLP 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

(Click on the image to read the article)

Could have two more in by the end of the week.

Bowyer said Herbie Kane is a good player, so that’s a possibility.

He wants two more strikers and up to four midfielders.

Perhaps he now sees Pratley as more of an option at CB and is looking at playing three at the back more often.
    I think after the welling match he realises we dont have a midfield. Only Morgan stood out from what I saw (live) and the 2nd half especially looked devoid of inspiration for the front 2.
  • Magennis at his best was excellent and at his worse was terrible. I would like the thought of him playing with Taylor. I think that combo would be a major problem for defenders but appreciate it is very unlikely.
  • Scoham said:

(Click on the image to read the article)

Could have two more in by the end of the week.

Bowyer said Herbie Kane is a good player, so that’s a possibility.

He wants two more strikers and up to four midfielders.

Perhaps he now sees Pratley as more of an option at CB and is looking at playing three at the back more often.
    I think after the welling match he realises we dont have a midfield. Only Morgan stood out from what I saw (live) and the 2nd half especially looked devoid of inspiration for the front 2.
    I thought JFC and Taylor linked up well a few times.
  • Didn’t someone say a couple of days ago someone was training with us who had dreads but wasn’t sure who it was? Could it possibly be ampadu? Lampards just confirmed he’s going out on loan, defensive mid.
  • Didn’t someone say a couple of days ago someone was training with us who had dreads but wasn’t sure who it was? Could it possibly be ampadu? Lampards just confirmed he’s going out on loan, defensive mid.
    That would be a great signing, be delighted if we got him
    Ampadu has been linked with Aston Villa