Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Sorry but I worry that Mo Salah would just be part of some false pyramid scheme if he were to join!!
  • Kane up in Hull for loan talks apparently.
  • bit of a difference between a loan player we all thought was decent.......and one of ours who we let go, who many thought was a bit shit anyway 
    Many, but surely people are allowed to have a differing opinion on whether they were shit or not. You never know, their opinion might just be more right than yours!
  • Croydon said:
    Scoham said:
    Magennis at his best was excellent and at his worse was terrible. I would like the thought of him playing with Taylor. I think that combo would be a major problem for defenders but appreciate it is very unlikely.
    Bowyer clearly didn’t rate Magennis, never going to happen. I’m sure we can find better strikers.
    Not sure why there’s such an obsession with bringing back ex players, especially with those as ineffective as Magennis. Never known a man as tall as him to lose so many aerial challenges.
    Is there an obsession? If an ex player is available and good enough, he should be discussed. 

Bar the odd exception for nostalgia, most of the suggestions have been reasonable IMO (Magennis, Cousins etc). 

Are you unhappy we have resigned Amos and Purrington then? Don't want Williams or Oztumer? 
    I would say that claiming Purrington and Williams are ex players is stretching it.

As for Magennis being good enough, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
  • Magennis had about 3 games in a row where he would look unplayable, then he would have no where near the same impact for for the next 10 - 15. 

• Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Scoham said:
    Magennis at his best was excellent and at his worse was terrible. I would like the thought of him playing with Taylor. I think that combo would be a major problem for defenders but appreciate it is very unlikely.
    Bowyer clearly didn’t rate Magennis, never going to happen. I’m sure we can find better strikers.
    Not sure why there’s such an obsession with bringing back ex players, especially with those as ineffective as Magennis. Never known a man as tall as him to lose so many aerial challenges.
    Is there an obsession? If an ex player is available and good enough, he should be discussed. 

Bar the odd exception for nostalgia, most of the suggestions have been reasonable IMO (Magennis, Cousins etc). 

Are you unhappy we have resigned Amos and Purrington then? Don't want Williams or Oztumer? 
    I would say that claiming Purrington and Williams are ex players is stretching it.

Fair point it is, but what about Amos and Oztumer? 

And I am not desperate to sign Magennis but think we could do worse. My point was that each player should be judged on merit, it shouldn't be an issue where they have played previously. 
  • Moo said:
    Magennis would be a fine signing as a different option/back up. As said above all old players we are saying would be good to have back were hardly flops for us 
    Sorry but I thought he was awful. Lovely guy but leagues behind Lyle. 
    Fair enough mate I get why people don't rate him and obviously if Lyle went and we replaced him with Josh I would be livid.

As a 4th choice option though we could do a lot lot worse. Say we are under the kosh a bit, bringing on Josh would just give us that extra bit and he is a work horse. Also think he's a great character for the dressing room based on interviews and what not. Would be a thumbs up from me, he's the middle ground between Makienok/Parzyszek and Yann/Taylor.
  • Sponsored links:

• ANY RUMOURS?????????
  • Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Scoham said:

And I am not desperate to sign Magennis but think we could do worse. My point was that each player should be judged on merit, it shouldn't be an issue where they have played previously. 
    Very pleased with Amos, though he was a loanee rather than one we let go if I'm allowed to be pedantic. Oztumer I'd be happy with, but would prefer Williams.

• Herbie Kane will go to Hull.

We’ll get Herbie Goes Bananas.
  • Dont think we saw the best of Mcginess,as he was playing most of the time as a lone striker in a poorish team.Maybe playing alongside Taylor with Aneka supporting I think he could do a job,as someone on here has pointed out,there would be a considerable physical presence which is going to be needed.
  • Macronate said:
    Herbie Kane will go to Hull.

We’ll get Herbie Goes Bananas.
    But if only the DVD can be picked up from CEX
  • Dont think we saw the best of Mcginess,as he was playing most of the time as a lone striker in a poorish team.Maybe playing alongside Taylor with Aneka supporting I think he could do a job,as someone on here has pointed out,there would be a considerable physical presence which is going to be needed.
    I agree, but would he want to come back to Charlton? Remember, he deleted his twitter because of the abuse some fans gave him. He may not fancy another stint with us.
  • After Liverpool stole Joe Gomez from Cafc, the least they can do is let Herbie Kane come to Charlton for a season. 

Arsenal TBF have always been decent with Cafc since Jenkinson went to Arsenal.
    Only one dud and the last one Bielik wasn't too shabby.
    Who is the dud? Frimpong, Mavididi or Sanogo?
    Mavididi was good the first spell but got injured, then the second spell it didn't go as well before he got injured but I said he will be decent when his brain and feet are in tandem. He is now at Juventus

Sanogo scored 3 in 8, superb return for a striker in the Championship for Cafc.

Frimpong may be Dench, But he wouldn't make my bench. 

• After Liverpool stole Joe Gomez from Cafc, the least they can do is let Herbie Kane come to Charlton for a season. 

Mavididi was good the first spell but got injured, then the second spell it didn't go as well before he got injured but I said he will be decent when his brain and feet are in tandem. He is now at Juventus

Stats don't tell the whole truth though - Sanogo was total nonsense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mavididi was so overrated
  • Kane meeting Hull
    Just like Lockyer met with Swansea after talking to Bowyer
    Wonder if LB has already had a meeting with Kane and is weighing up all options? 
  • I’d sooner Herbie think that Harry’s well over rated. 
  • I'd forgotten we'd allegedly been offered Liverpool players on loan as part of the Gomez deal.

I suspect Liverpool have probably forgotten too and won't bother as it's been a few years now.
  • I’d sooner Herbie think that Harry’s well over rated. 
    We will end up with Russell. 

Mavididi was okay. You are right that he is at Juventus, but he's playing for their B team in Serie C.

Sanogo scored 3 goals in 1 game that we went onto lose 3-4. He then got suspended for three games for a stupid elbow, and then he got injured. I would say he was a dud for us.
    I remember winning at Brentford when I thought Sanogo and Harriott scored ?

Despite the 3 points it was the season we got relegated.

I must say Bielik and Coquelin were successful but in retrospect the others were charltonised.

Mavididi was okay. You are right that he is at Juventus, but he's playing for their B team in Serie C.

Sanogo scored 3 goals in 1 game that we went onto lose 3-4. He then got suspended for three games for a stupid elbow, and then he got injured. I would say he was a dud for us.

I must say Bielik and Coquelin were successful but in retrospect the others were charltonised.
    Harriott scored both in the Brentford game.
  • Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Scoham said:

Very pleased with Amos, though he was a loanee rather than one we let go if I'm allowed to be pedantic. Oztumer I'd be happy with, but would prefer Williams.

You can be pedantic if you wish. That’s just weirder though, your happy to resign players that we had on loan but not those who were with us permanently. 
  • Richard J said:
    After Liverpool stole Joe Gomez from Cafc, the least they can do is let Herbie Kane come to Charlton for a season. 

Don't forget Alex Song. 
    And Coquelin