Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Redhenry said:
    I heard there has been contact with a CM currently at another Champ club as a loan signing. Not allowed a name atm.
     Bridcutt it is then : - )
    Hes been released from Forest hasn't he!?
  • Magennis at his best was excellent and at his worse was terrible. I would like the thought of him playing with Taylor. I think that combo would be a major problem for defenders but appreciate it is very unlikely.
    Bowyer clearly didn’t rate Magennis, never going to happen. I’m sure we can find better strikers.
  • The guy with dreads had keepers gloves.
  • I'm not sure I agree with Bowyer, given Pearce's injury record I think we need a fourth proper centre back with Pratley being an emergency 5th choice
  • The guy with dreads had keepers gloves.
    Ben Amos in disguise
  • Didn’t someone say a couple of days ago someone was training with us who had dreads but wasn’t sure who it was? Could it possibly be ampadu? Lampards just confirmed he’s going out on loan, defensive mid.
    That was our young attacking player. His name escapes me right now. Simply one of the kids. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Didn’t someone say a couple of days ago someone was training with us who had dreads but wasn’t sure who it was? Could it possibly be ampadu? Lampards just confirmed he’s going out on loan, defensive mid.
    That was our young attacking player. His name escapes me right now. Simply one of the kids. 
    Odoh?
  • Wouldn't be surprised if Herbie Kane goes to Hull rather than us as Grant McCann is the manager.
  • Redhenry said:
    I heard there has been contact with a CM currently at another Champ club as a loan signing. Not allowed a name atm.
     Bridcutt it is then : - )
    nope
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    Wouldn't be surprised if Herbie Kane goes to Hull rather than us as Grant McCann is the manager.
    Go with the losing Manager rather then the winning one?
    Might want to stay up north?
  • Redhenry said:
    Wouldn't be surprised if Herbie Kane goes to Hull rather than us as Grant McCann is the manager.
    It depends on what his relationship with McCann was like really, I assume it was a good one. Like Scoham said as well it is closer to home. That being said I hope we do get him, he looked a good player. 
  • Surely does it not depend on where Liverpool want him to play? They owe us a big favour after getting Gomez for a pittance. Just shows that Meire might be long gone, but her legacy will remain long after.
  • Redhenry said:
    It depends on what his relationship with McCann was like really, I assume it was a good one. Like Scoham said as well it is closer to home. That being said I hope we do get him, he looked a good player. 

good enough that McCann left his missus and they have now set up home together ……..
  • But weren’t we meant to get some loan deals from Liverpool for Gomez don’t think we got any. So Liverpool might be indebted to us.
  • Croydon said:
    Scoham said:
    Magennis at his best was excellent and at his worse was terrible. I would like the thought of him playing with Taylor. I think that combo would be a major problem for defenders but appreciate it is very unlikely.
    Bowyer clearly didn’t rate Magennis, never going to happen. I’m sure we can find better strikers.
    Not sure why there’s such an obsession with bringing back ex players, especially with those as ineffective as Magennis. Never known a man as tall as him to lose so many aerial challenges.
    Is there an obsession? If an ex player is available and good enough, he should be discussed. 

Bar the odd exception for nostalgia, most of the suggestions have been reasonable IMO (Magennis, Cousins etc). 

Are you unhappy we have resigned Amos and Purrington then? Don't want Williams or Oztumer? 
  • bit of a difference between a loan player we all thought was decent.......and one of ours who we let go, who many thought was a bit shit anyway 
  • Not a proper rumour and not sure if shared yet but I saw it doing the rounds on twitter. Oztumer not part of Boltons squad in a pre season friendly. Trouble is I'm not sure if any of their proper players are either.

Only 2 of those players have played for their first team and one of those made his debut as a sub for the last 15 mins in the last game of last lesson. The other one has played in 2 FA Cup games.
    No 15 is a Senior player
    Also it would be politic to mention No 7.
    No 21 could Lockett in as a 1st teamer this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Magennis would be a fine signing as a different option/back up. As said above all old players we are saying would be good to have back were hardly flops for us 
  • Imagine being a centre half having to play against Magennis, Taylor and Aneke?

The missing part of our forward line is the replacement for Grant, a goalscorer with pace and power, which isn't Magennis.
  • iaitch said:
    I still have nightmares about the two missed headers against Shrewsbury in the Play-off 1st leg by Josh MaGennis. No hate against Josh who can score for Northern Ireland  but 100% he is not a Championship striker.

Just like Josh Parker he has no strikers instinct. The hat-trick against Rovers was a one off(or a three off !)

We must learn to move on. If Josh wasn't good enough in League 1, then how can the ex keeper be good enough for the Championship.

Admit it, you don't like blokes called Josh do you?
    Are you Joshing me  :)
  • Redhenry said:
    He is a Bristol lad so I would have thought he is happy to travel for the right deal. 
  • After Liverpool stole Joe Gomez from Cafc, the least they can do is let Herbie Kane come to Charlton for a season. 

Arsenal TBF have always been decent with Cafc since Jenkinson went to Arsenal.
    Only one dud and the last one Bielik wasn't too shabby.
  • bit of a difference between a loan player we all thought was decent.......and one of ours who we let go, who many thought was a bit shit anyway 
    Agreed, but that's on ability. 

Who cares whether they have played for us before or not, each target should be assessed on whether they would be a good signing for the coming season.