Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• I'd forgotten we'd allegedly been offered Liverpool players on loan as part of the Gomez deal.

I suspect Liverpool have probably forgotten too and won't bother as it's been a few years now.
    Thought that was when Shelvey joined them! 
  • I’d sooner Herbie think that Harry’s well over rated. 
    We will end up with Russell. 
    Michael 
    And not a lot of people know that! 😜
  • Richard J said:
    After Liverpool stole Joe Gomez from Cafc, the least they can do is let Herbie Kane come to Charlton for a season. 

Arsenal TBF have always been decent with Cafc since Jenkinson went to Arsenal.
    Only one dud and the last one Bielik wasn't too shabby.
    Who is the dud? Frimpong, Mavididi or Sanogo?
    Mavididi was good the first spell but got injured, then the second spell it didn't go as well before he got injured but I said he will be decent when his brain and feet are in tandem. He is now at Juventus

Sanogo scored 3 in 8, superb return for a striker in the Championship for Cafc.

Frimpong may be Dench, But he wouldn't make my bench. 

Mavididi was okay. You are right that he is at Juventus, but he's playing for their B team in Serie C.

Sanogo scored 3 goals in 1 game that we went onto lose 3-4. He then got suspended for three games for a stupid elbow, and then he got injured. I would say he was a dud for us.
    I remember winning at Brentford when I thought Sanogo and Harriott scored ?

Despite the 3 points it was the season we got relegated.

I must say Bielik and Coquelin were successful but in retrospect the others were charltonised.
    Don't forget Alex Song. 
    And Coquelin
    And Bielik
  • It looks like Laurie Wilson in a Charlton training kit sitting with Jackson in the clubs latest tweet. I assume (hope) he’s just training 
  • edited July 2019
    It looks like Laurie Wilson in a Charlton training kit sitting with Jackson in the clubs latest tweet. I assume (hope) he’s just training 
    He's in an Ebbsfleet kit isnt he? - Looks like their badge rather than ours

Especially as they're kits are supplied by Hummel too (which I didnt realise till I quickly looked it up)
  • Sollied said:
    Callum Harriott is a sub tonight 
    Well that clears up the question from a few pages ago when it was mentioned that an ex-Charlton player had been seen around Sparrows Lane
  • Sollied said:
    Callum Harriott is a sub tonight 
    24 league games in 3 seasons at Reading, you hope he's over his injury problems
  • Sponsored links:

• T_C_E said:
    I’d sooner Herbie think that Harry’s well over rated. 
    We will end up with Russell. 
    Michael 
    And not a lot of people know that! 😜
    Adamson? (bit obscure)

Charles Foster-?
  • Only surprise about Harriott is the way we currently play... i.e. He'd be our only real winger so who do we put on the other flank if we were to go 4-4-2?

Makes me think he'd be signed more or less as a Striker in the Karlan Grant mold or on the flank of a 4-3-3
  • Can’t see him being looked at as a striker, his finishing isn’t too great
  • Only surprise about Harriott is the way we currently play... i.e. He'd be our only real winger so who do we put on the other flank if we were to go 4-4-2?

Makes me think he'd be signed more or less as a Striker in the Karlan Grant mold or on the flank of a 4-3-3
    Not sure if we're necessarily after him, probably Jacko doing him a favour (and it's an additional body for such matches)
  • Fosu replacement?
  • I don't see any way Magennis would rejoin us but I do think him and Magennis would be a good pairing. I could be wrong but I am thinking as a pairing that might be a problem for Championship defences collectively. I wouldn't swap him for Lyle either, but you do have to think overall sometimes. 
  • Spent 7 of the last 8 season at Championship level with 4 of those with us, to me it looks like hes been out of favour Reading, I'd take him as a squad player all day.
  • I don't see any way Magennis would rejoin us but I do think him and Magennis would be a good pairing. I could be wrong but I am thinking as a pairing that might be a problem for Championship defences collectively. I wouldn't swap him for Lyle either, but you do have to think overall sometimes. 
    1 Magennis would be risky but having 2 would take the biscuit...
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/injury-plagued-sensible-decision-what-16254978

Injury plagued spell at Reading, but their fans seem quite complimentary about Hariott when he actually played
  • So Williams and Harriot both training with us.

One willing to play in a PSF, one not.
  • When you hear about Sam Baldock and his wages (with Reading wanting him off the wage bill) I wonder if Harriott was released for the same sort of reason rather than injuries being the actual factor
  • Fosu replacement?
    A poor replacement. Like Parker for Grant. 
  • Any budget for Bowyer do we reckon?
  • jac52 said:
    Richard J said:
    After Liverpool stole Joe Gomez from Cafc, the least they can do is let Herbie Kane come to Charlton for a season. 

Arsenal TBF have always been decent with Cafc since Jenkinson went to Arsenal.
    Only one dud and the last one Bielik wasn't too shabby.
    Who is the dud? Frimpong, Mavididi or Sanogo?
    Mavididi was good the first spell but got injured, then the second spell it didn't go as well before he got injured but I said he will be decent when his brain and feet are in tandem. He is now at Juventus

Sanogo scored 3 in 8, superb return for a striker in the Championship for Cafc.

Frimpong may be Dench, But he wouldn't make my bench. 

Mavididi was okay. You are right that he is at Juventus, but he's playing for their B team in Serie C.

Sanogo scored 3 goals in 1 game that we went onto lose 3-4. He then got suspended for three games for a stupid elbow, and then he got injured. I would say he was a dud for us.
    I remember winning at Brentford when I thought Sanogo and Harriott scored ?

Despite the 3 points it was the season we got relegated.

I must say Bielik and Coquelin were successful but in retrospect the others were charltonised.
    Don't forget Alex Song. 
    And Coquelin
    And Bielik
    Why is everyone forgetting Alex Song?
  • Cally Messi returns! Poor mans Fosu
  • Significant... 25% of profit from £8M sale price to £22M would be £3.5M, imagine that being given to Bowyer/Gallen.  Sadly i suspect they will be lucky to get 10% to spend and only on someone aged no more than 21 from lower leagues, still even that would be an improvement on where we are now.